Bevo
Nah
+718|6517|Austin, Texas
maybe you arent comfortable enough with your sexuality to get that close to hot, sweaty males
But I do, 5 days a week. Once we're in season, It will be 20 hours a week, +. Your retort was neither effective nor made any sence in response to my post. Try again.
Master*
Banned
+416|6491|United States

MadKatter wrote:

maybe you arent comfortable enough with your sexuality to get that close to hot, sweaty males
But I do, 5 days a week. Once we're in season, It will be 20 hours a week, +. Your retort was neither effective nor made any sence in response to my post. Try again.
bowflex and gyms are gay lol
Bevo
Nah
+718|6517|Austin, Texas

Masterstyle wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

But I do, 5 days a week. Once we're in season, It will be 20 hours a week, +. Your retort was neither effective nor made any sense in response to my post. Try again.
bowflex and gyms are gay lol
*MadKatter bangs his head against the desk repeatedly and walks out of the thread.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6450|Ontario, Canada
jesus christ dude, i wouldnt want to fight you, im 5'5 135lbs
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6762|Toronto Canada

d4rkst4r wrote:

jesus christ dude, i wouldnt want to fight you, im 5'5 135lbs
i am like 4 of you!
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6635|Calgary,AB,Canada
Call him andre.... Andre The Giant
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6840|Bryan/College Station, TX
kessel I would go with this advice here. While I still think the Bowflex is a good machine it might be better to get it once you are mostly in shape to maintain and improve over time. For quicker results the Sgt.Todd has it right. Good job.

Sgt.Todd_3465 wrote:

This is to help out kessel! and anyone else looking into losing a few pounds, or getting in shape to do some ass kicking in real life.

First off, I use to be 225 pounds and now am 160 and in shape with the 6 pack.. this took 1.5 years to lose the weight and another year and a half to gain the muscle definition... I am going to the Todd 3465 look in the movie "Solider" (aka Kurt Russell)

Bowflex is a great concept for a machine.  Unlike the tradition weight machines in house, these allow for your stabilizer muscle to activate when working out.. rather than just your main core group.  Excising these muscles along with the core muscles will give you that ripped shape and feeling.. but, this has to be done over time.. it takes years to get a good body.  Do not go into this thinking its a "6 week challenge" or you'll look like Arnold in 2 years.

The thing about the Bowflex is, it requires alot of investment.  As posted above, you are better off getting a gym membership.. yes there is hassle getting to and from BUT, there are also friendly people at the gym that will help you f you simply ask!.. yeah, go figure, ask nicely and they'll help spot you, or give you some advice!  The gym allows you to lift "free weights" that are not tied down to a machine, this activates your stabilizers just like the bowflex does.  Plus you get the added Bonus of using the core machines to ENHANCE your core muscles.. increase core strength.  You also get to use the cardio equipment, which I recommend the "Cross-Trainer" whatever model or brand it is.  It allows for some hardcore upper and lower body workout without destroying your knees with running style impacts.  You can burn upwards of 900 calories (1/4 lb of fat) in 30 minutes using one.. trust me.. thats 4.5 minutes a mile.. for 30 minutes.. things twice about next time you eat that 1800 calorie meal at McDonald's.. 1 hour running 4.5 minute miles non-stop..

Again, Get the gym membership, or by a simple set of free weights at home (hell, take a shirt, fill it with water balloons and lift it if you really want)  Or, post back on these forums, I'll look for replies.. but give it some time, I'm not a forum fan .
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
PRiMACORD
+190|6622|Home of the Escalade Herds
I have an Xtreme 2 with 310lbs. It's great, i don't miss the time i used to waste going to the gym and sometimes waiting for a machine to get free. Not to mention all the greasy fucks who didn't towel down.

Is it worth it? Depends on your financial situation, it is a bit pricey. Lookup something called a Weider Crossbow, friend of mine has one and loves it (it's like 1/3rd the price of the xtreme 2).

For certain workouts i still prefer freeweights (used to use nothing but them) but for the most part i'm really happy with it. The bench press is awesome on it, you get resistance through the entire motion and you can't lock your elbows.

Last edited by PRiMACORD (2006-10-03 00:44:08)

kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6762|Toronto Canada
awesome man. i am definately thinking of getting one. i just need some money now.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6730|Oslo, Norway
I'd get the cpu, go run.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard