.|microphage
+4|6639|Vancouver, BC
i jist hope bf2142 doesn't have this prob
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6586
I get it too, only after the latest patch.  Always ran smooth as glass, on every game or program I run, with a decent machine, until the patch.
.|microphage
+4|6639|Vancouver, BC
so why does it only happen to certain ppl? and why can't we fix it?
slicknic
+145|6632

.|microphage wrote:

i jist hope bf2142 doesn't have this prob
its nearly the same game... so yes.. i bet it will
.|microphage
+4|6639|Vancouver, BC
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
t0mhank5
+319|6718|Surge
i have the same lag/choking problems, same as you guys. started in 1.3, and 1.4 sure didnt fix it. im deleting my cache file as suggested by some link on this thread, and if all else fails, i will reformat my C drive. that lag is very discouraging...
.|microphage
+4|6639|Vancouver, BC
if it works PM me and tell me the steps!
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6511|Alabama, United States
Yes!
I have too.
And it's getting annoying >.>
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6511|Alabama, United States

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Nope.  However, for the past week or so I can't play for more than five minutes without the game freezing and then getting "You have lost your connection to the server".  It's not hardware related and it's not my ping, since I only play in servers where I get <50.  1.4 was awesome...until now.  It's really fucking annoying.  Any server I play in, that's what I get.
Try updating Punkbuster manually.
That's what most people with that problem do to fix it.
And sorry for the double post.
Felt it was that important
t0mhank5
+319|6718|Surge
im defragging my HD (again) as we speak... i dunno if it will help though. i do have one (sort of) solution for you guys with the jerky lag, and that is play BF2 on patch 1.12. runs clean as... i dunno, something that is very clean. Liquidat0r made a great guide to set up multiple versions here http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=25085
maestrium
+13|6491|Arizona
Ever since 1.4 I've been getting it. I thought my mouse was dying..
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6627|Gold coast, Aus.
I have about the same sys specs, and the first few tvs i send out will be jerky. It happens for a minute or two when i first get in the pilot seat too... But the chopper is normally too far away from action, so it goes away before i actually kill anything.
Redback00
+51|6580
I'm guessing we have no solution then?
hunter548
+0|6422|Western NY
Had same problem. Reinstalled BF2 and 1.4 patch. Updated router firmware and Video card driver. Finally updated punkbuster manually (there was a 9-06 update) and did the ~pb_sleep500, ~pb_writecfg fix. That seemed to do the trick. Have played about 8 hours with no lag/choppy issues.
Redback00
+51|6580

hunter548 wrote:

Had same problem. Reinstalled BF2 and 1.4 patch. Updated router firmware and Video card driver. Finally updated punkbuster manually (there was a 9-06 update) and did the ~pb_sleep500, ~pb_writecfg fix. That seemed to do the trick. Have played about 8 hours with no lag/choppy issues.
I'll give it a go...thx
.|microphage
+4|6639|Vancouver, BC
hmmm pb update didn't work...and i have the lastest drivers AND i dont konw what  you're talking about with the router stuff etc.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6586
Actually, I haven't done anything different and I've been playing lag-free for the past few days now.  Weird

Last edited by HaywoodJablowme (2006-10-05 07:31:00)

.|microphage
+4|6639|Vancouver, BC
well...i've been seeing a recent trend. People who experience lag like my have the 6600gt....sigh
Redback00
+51|6580

.|microphage wrote:

well...i've been seeing a recent trend. People who experience lag like my have the 6600gt....sigh
oh no................ that's what I have

I downloaded the latest drivers and my monitor started acting up (would suspend) and the PC would freeze. So I've uninstalled and about to reinstall the original drivers.

Will keep you posted
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6420|Finland

oh NO, 1.4 lags like.... didn't have this problem in 1.3. And 1.4 sf is lagging very badly too
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
taxi2you
+22|6650|Missouri
I did notice that my pings went from around 20 to 80 on favorite server since 1.4.
Redback00
+51|6580
Still lag...oh well. time to buy a new PC maybe
TuataraDude
+115|6528|Aotearoa

White-Fusion wrote:

Yes, we were in a Bf2 match last night and it happened to our chopper pilot
LOL, my pilot uses that one as well on occasion. Sometimes it might even be true.
hunter548
+0|6422|Western NY
I also have a 6800GT. Maybe it is more to do with the video card than anything else. Next MB is going to be PCI-e.

No appreciable lag yet, but I have had 3 or 4 freezes that I thought were going to turn into server crashes, but each game recovered and play resumed. I've also had one system reboot in the middle of a game.
t0mhank5
+319|6718|Surge
so um.. anyone fixed the choppy lag yet? i tried the pb_sleep and pb_writecfg commands, defragging my hd, scanned for spyware/viruses, to no avail
edit: just updated PB, results pending...
edit #2: updating PB was a no-go, still choking

Last edited by t0mhank5 (2006-10-15 19:08:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard