ohthedrama
+0|6448
I'm asking like if i could install bf2 deluxe on a different computor with the same cd-key. Then, host  a server on that computor and then play on mine. (Not renting.) So basically, could i host on a diff comp and still play on the comp i use to play bf2 on. Thanks in advance.
JG1567JG
+110|6620|United States of America
I don't know but you could always try.  I don't see where it would cause any problems if it didn't work.

Are you wanting this so your friends can join the game also and if yes can't you just create a local server from within the game?

P.S. Welcom to BF2s!!!

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-10-02 16:26:35)

ohthedrama
+0|6448
im a sgt.... but i do want my friends to join
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6573|Winterpeg, Canada
Yes you could, as long as u got pb turned off. But doesn't the BF2 deluxe only have one disk?
ohthedrama
+0|6448
no, four discs and i can only play non pbs?
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6623|Australia
A dedicated servers CD-key never gets reported, even if you did have sv_internet 1. So it'd be fine.
If your friends used your CD key and tried to connect to that server at the same time as you though, and you DID have sv_internet 1, then they'd get booted.

btw, sv_internet is a server setting. It defaults to off (0) in the BF2 dedicated server, methinks.  You have to set it on in order to get unlocks/ranks etc (although I think that all unlocks got patched back in with 1.4).
dubbs
+105|6663|Lexington, KY
No, you have to have Disc 1 for both computers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard