skratch-x
+25|6646|NY, USA
Lately while I've been playing, certain keys have been getting "stuck" in game.  For instance, I'll be strafing or walking, let go of the button, and I will continue moving for a good few seconds.  It really sucks to die because your keyboard is not responding.  At one point I couldn't bail from a chopper because I couldn't press "e" for some reason.  It's not a problem with the keyboard actually sticking, because it only happens while I'm playing.  I'm not 100% sure it happens with the mouse too because I don't remember it ocurring for sure.  Some things to note are:
It's a USB keyboard (saitek eclipse)
I'm overclocking my video card

The problem seems to have started after I OC'd my GPU so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.
tupla_s
+455|6602|Finland
That has happened to me too... It sucks when u're just aiming and your mouse doesn't work and keyboard doesn't respon... U just have to disconnect and join again

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-04-23 14:03:48)

[MAA]MI2
+3|6783
Happened to me as well, usually goes away after a round or two.
skratch-x
+25|6646|NY, USA
Do either of you OC your GPU or have USB kb/mouse?  Trying to figure out what the problem is here.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6694|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i know one of my friends overclocked his card, and b4 he did that his keys were sticky and then he OC and the patch came out it did it at the same time...IDK if that was the problem or not, just thoughi would tell yall
skratch-x
+25|6646|NY, USA
Thanks.  And I can confirm that my mouse also sticks.  I was in armor and my machinegun got stuck firing after I let go of right click.  Sucked pretty bad.
Seether
+13|6543|Syracuse, NY; USA
Hey, I'd like to revive this thread if I may.  I just experienced this problem too.  I've never had the problem before but since I installed 1.4 I've noticed the problem.  I don't overclock anything, the only variable I have is that I have a Logitech Wireless KB and Mouse.  I've only noticed the problem on the KB, particularly with the "forward" key.  I thought it might be the KB itself, but I tested in notepad that I can type constantly, very fast, and it doesn't miss a beat.  I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem with BF2...
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6562|UK
I had a similar problem on my notebook. Game would go glitchy and I'd keep moving in a single direction after I had released the keys.

Turned out it was BF2 VOIP. I disabled VOIP in the game settings and problem solved. I reckon the mic in my notebook was picking up the keyboard noise and was permanently transmitting. This flooded the network and caused glitching.
Seether
+13|6543|Syracuse, NY; USA
Eric, good thought, thank you.  I'll have to see if that is the problem, though I doubt it.  I say that because I've noticed the problem when I don't even have my microphone plugged in.  Furthermore, I never had this problem before 1.4.  Thanks for your suggestion though, I'll definitely try it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard