Poll

Should the Armed Forces of any country admit gay people?

Yes56%56% - 147
Only Lesbians14%14% - 37
Only Gay Men0%0% - 2
No27%27% - 72
Total: 258
PRiMACORD
+190|6637|Home of the Escalade Herds

Bubbalo wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

There relationship should come with some sacrifice
Why?
That part was a joke
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728
Why not?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
James-m
+28|6562|England

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

gay men shouldnt cuase its strange
here here, its not natural........ your arse is for shitting out of, its not ment to have things put up it by another man, or woman for that matter
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Why not?
Because straight coupls don't.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728

Bubbalo wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Why not?
See, now if they're gay couples, they would do anything to protect each other you know?  But seriously, what's wrong with gay soldiers? Without them we wouldn't have the USMC now would we?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BVC
+325|6708
I have no problem with gay people enjoying any of the same rights and priveliges as me, including being allowed to serve in the military.

Now, in saying this I'm not in the military and don't know what it'd be like on patrols, training etc with a gay guy, but I've got a lot of gay friends (male and female) and a lesbian flamate, and none of them ever give me any grief.

Last edited by Pubic (2006-10-02 02:23:14)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6573

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Why not?
See, now if they're gay couples, they would do anything to protect each other you know?  But seriously, what's wrong with gay soldiers? Without them we wouldn't have the USMC now would we?
Oh, wait, I thought you were responding to me "Why?"..........sorry...............
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728

Bubbalo wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Oh, wait, I thought you were responding to me "Why?"..........sorry...............
=/
Longbow
+163|6659|Odessa, Ukraine

TheMajorBummer wrote:

Only to clean up minefields.
Right answer here ^
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6610|Cheshire. UK
The biggest problem with Gays in the forces is if they "come out" this then puts guys on edge when on ops in communal showers and things like that ......I new a guy in the SAS turned out he was gay but never came out so no one knew until he left the service everyone was shocked when they found out.....
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6733|Sydney, Australia

Stingray24 wrote:

Yes.  Just keep how you like your sex to yourself.  If you can shoot straight, you're in.

The varied opinions we see already in this post is the exact reason why "don't ask, don't tell" is a good policy.
Shoot straight... beat me to it.

If they do their job the same as any other member of the military, then I have no qualms.

Mcminty.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6541|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

TheMajorBummer wrote:

You are a disgrace to mankind.
Murphy <s18>
+8|6664|51st State
Of course, they have as much right to fight for there country as anyone else, the real problem is other people in the service not accepting them.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6603|Your attic
I don't see why people get all uptight (pun completely intended) around the whole subject of gay people. If they choose to live their lives differently to yours then let them go to it, I know having these opinions is a part of humanity and is fine, aslong as you don't discriminate against others it's not really a worry.

So who's to say that gay people are all the stereotypical limp wristed, high pitched voice and over reacting drama queens, for all you know they could be as tough as nails and might well be better soldiers then your average joe, they just like men more than women. Personally I think that they're missing out, but I'm sure they'd say the same.

If people would get it out of their heads that what they think is the gospel truth and where willing to accept other people the way they where this entire world would be a hell of a lot better off.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6697|United States of America
As long as they're not all "Hel-lo" and acting all gay (pun intended) I see no problem. The same would apply to those guys who are talkin about things of that nature all the time as well.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6837|Netherlands

TeamZephyr wrote:

TheMajorBummer wrote:

You are a disgrace to mankind.
What u mean with MAN/kind...

a nice kind gay=  in the army=  lmfao.

NUFF.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6644|Finland

Don't you think I look SOOO cute in this nifty costume?

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/floydmcwick/gay_soldier2004-04-21.jpg

On a more serious note: Sure, why the hell not?
I need around tree fiddy.
Tas3674
+8|6452|Tasmania, Australia

James-m wrote:

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

gay men shouldnt cuase its strange
here here, its not natural........
In-fact it is Natural, not just humans are guy. i know for a fact that there are guy elephants and penguins (there was this whole thing about some scientists capturing gay penguins and trying to turn them straight. , some documentary, and the elephants were in an article. So i say, y not? the only differences is that they have is in sexuality. Next people will be saying people who chose to be a virgin should be shunned.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6751
Yes, they should,  Provided that they can shoot a rifle straight, throw a nade straight and dont be gay around the men in the field
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6769|Argentina
I think it's totally natural letting gay people in the Armed Forces.  Why not?  Well, since there are men and women in these Corps, then a gay person fits there.  I don't think straight guys would have problems because some gay dude is in the showers with them.  If you are sure you aren't gay, then you shouldn't have problems.  I also think if they are caught doing things, they are out, the same goes to a man and a woman doing it.  If you want to get laid do it out of the Army.  Wait for your free day. 

To Primacord: You say you are a pro gay marriage, but you are against gay couples adopting.  I ask you then, what if they are allowed to adopt children from developing countries in poverty without parents or future?  Would you prefer letting these children dying or being adopted by those couples of gay people?  I agree it's not natural, but it's a solution for a lot of kids.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6749

Miller wrote:

No, plain and simple.  I for one would not like to go into a battle and have some guy gay by my side.  I could only wonder what pranks would be pulled within the Armed forces, it would be like the army navy game, only gay vs straight.
*drum roll*

And you win a prize damn yank. What? Gay people can't pull a trigger? Get over it homophobic american.

Longbow wrote:

TheMajorBummer wrote:

Right answer here ^
And another drum roll for the idiots.

Really, what is the damn matter with all that homophobic talk? You must feel pretty though now. Bunch of Eminem copy-cats.
UNDIESRULES
+4|6693
Call me old fashioned but they should not be anywhere near the army.  I am in the army and have been for 9 years and the thought of sleeping in a tent with one just turns my stomach.  Society has become too endearing to all these people who arent made in the normal mould.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6769|Argentina

UNDIESRULES wrote:

Call me old fashioned but they should not be anywhere near the army.  I am in the army and have been for 9 years and the thought of sleeping in a tent with one just turns my stomach.  Society has become too endearing to all these people who arent made in the normal mould.
Old Fashioned.  You asked.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6561|Southeastern USA
I say go ahead and make all bunking/showers coed, then use it for recruiting ads

"so there may be a few fairies around, but we'll let you shower with the chicks"!!!!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6708|NJ
I have to say the ARMY/NAVY/AIRFORCE/MARINES is a job and the don't ask don't tell policy is probably the best for it in America. The reason I say this, is sexual orientation should not deny someone from entering the services, but our services is filled with Southerners and Midwest people who have a very negative view on homosexuals. So for the Homo's protection I'd have to say being openly gay in the military is not the smartest thing but they shouldn't be denied because of service..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard