USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6479|Daytona Beach, FL
I really don't see any challenge to winning Iron Gator with MECSF.

My three step process:
INITIAL ATTACK
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/SlayerUSAF2005/IGP1.jpg

1. Mi-35 takes off towards the east, to avoid the Essex's Phalanx gun. It's first priority should be to distract/destroy the US Apache Longbow.
2. At the same time, the BTR-90 and Tunguska should be taking care of the Phalanx and Apache Longbow respectively.
3. Once the Apache has been neutralized, or at least distracted, the Mi-17 moves in to the Hangar Bay. This strategy works best when you have a full squad on the chopper.. although I've pulled it off solo before. I should stress that the chopper should fly on the limit of the map, until it is almost directly west of the hangar entrance.
4. Another attack could be coordinated by boats, although that tends to not work with the usual amount of defenders in the boat well/engine room area.

INFILTRATION
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/SlayerUSAF2005/IGP2.jpg

1. Once the south hangar flag has been captured, teams should head up the hangar bay and simultaneously attack the mess hall and north hangar flag. I should stress that a few men should take the high road (the catwalk) to make sure no one gets through the line of advance.
2. Once the north side is secure, your priorities should be securing the engine room, as well as securing the stairway that connects the hangar and mess hall levels with the top deck.

DEFENSE
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/SlayerUSAF2005/IGP3.jpg

The stairways on both ends of the carriers are the critical points, once the enemy is past this point.. he could go anywhere and you could lose track of him.

I want to stress that the top deck is completely useless in this map. Control of the internal flags is what counts. Many MI-17 pilots tend to rush the Flight Deck.. Even if they are successful, the US chopper shows up and pins MEC down until the SEALs retake it.

My strategy has worked many times.

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-10-01 12:45:25)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
Actually, MECSF should always win Gator if they have any teamwork whatsoever.

The thing that usually ensures their failure is 30 people all standing on the Hind pad.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6522|UK
I was dissapointed with Gator because when I first saw the map I thought *all* the flags were on the deck.

Now that would have been a punch up and a half ;-)
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

The thing that usually ensures their failure is 30 people all standing on the Hind pad.
You would think that.. but if you look in the "Worst Map in SF" thread, lots of people are saying that MECSF has no chance.

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-10-01 12:51:40)

It is pretty simple without doing most of what you said just take the transport helo around your path land it in the hangar ..good idea to use the hind to keep the apache off you while you land in the hangar. Good advice to ignore the daek tho I see people on both sides being hind / apache fodder when they are better off as infantry forgetting about the deck.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

You would think that.. but if you look in the "Worst Map in SF" thread, lots of people are saying that MECSF has no chance.
They shouldnt,USMC should all be Support and AT.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

It is pretty simple without doing most of what you said just take the transport helo around your path land it in the hangar ..good idea to use the hind to keep the apache off you while you land in the hangar. Good advice to ignore the daek tho I see people on both sides being hind / apache fodder when they are better off as infantry forgetting about the deck.
That's essentially what I was getting at. I had to add the details to make it a complete strategy.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

That's because 99% of the people on these forums are idiots and have no comprehension of what teamwork is.  Just because they're getting teamwork points for reviving people doesn't mean they're doing their team a favor.

My strategy for MECSF winning the Gator?

One squad in the Hind.  It takes down the Apache and pounds the flight deck relentlessly, making it open for ground troops to capture.  The commander should drop supply crates on the deck of the ship near the flight deck so that the hind doesn't have to go all the way back to land to rearm and repair.  Two people in the Tunguska, stationed somewhere on the mainland where it has a clear view of the ship.  This keeps the Apache in check, making it easier to take down using either AA or the hind.  One of the two people should be support, the other engineer, so that it can stay armed and repaired.  One person in the APC, stationed in the water in view of the Essex AA gun.  It takes out the gun, then pounts the viewing deck.  One squad in the Mi-17.  Have the squad leader be the pilot and have him take it up to about 500m.  His squad spawns on him and jumps out over the flight deck.  The Hind should have the flight deck clear by then.

After the flight deck is capped, move on to the viewing deck, which should be easy to cap since the Essex gun is now owned by MECSF, there's an APC pounding it from the sea, and MECSF should have two attack helos airborne.  From then, move into the belly of the ship.  Any stray SEALs who make it to one of the deck flags will be quickly dealt with by the choppers.

However, people don't like teamwork.  Few squad leaders are willing to sacrifice points for a win.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6501
Who said there was a challange? It is fully winnable but just needs a bit of brains on MEC side.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6719|Mark it zero.
MECSF is incredibly to win as. even with one squad that works together you can usually win.
BVC
+325|6666
That would be interesting Infantry-only...
alf.ha
+5|6710|Berlin/Germany
[at beginning of the round]: spawn, take jet ski and drive into the essex (all as fast as u can), then u should be in the ship before the seals can defend the entrance.
works nearly always for me ;-)
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Yep, ive seen it happen both ways. Even a half way decent MECsf team with just a few good players can win the round.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6653
Nice guide! Now the only challenge is getting enough people with brains to execute such an elaborate plan. Normally there is one other guy on my team (with a brain) when I play gator, and he leaves of switches.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6716|Mexico City
you are just repeating what i said in my guide (SBennetIIĀ“s guide for.......).
Also, deck flags are important, if MECSF doesnt take all flags, surely they will lose
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
Im still waiting for master's score to be posted
samfink
+31|6525
actaully, if they do succeed in taking the internal flags, they should send at eats a few people to the flight deck. rerason I say that is that if they cap the last flag, then it's a case of get rid of the enemy. just send a squad from the viewing deck down ( send some spec ops to deal with the UAV and scans and apache) and they shoudl easiyl cap the fligth deck, and then the emny SHOULD be alomsy all dead, and you control the carrier. the onyl thing that cnan then rain on yuor aprade is that one spec ops that is at the MEC base, who then takes the hidn and re-takes the flight deck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard