THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6762|AUS, Canberra
ok i was gona post this with my post in the world cup soccer thread but didnt want to throw it to much off topic.

my post was

i cant belive they wear pads ( talking about american footballers ) rugby league and union are waaayyy tougher sports.

well here is a vid of some hits from the australing rugby league comp.
http://media.putfile.com/rugbyhits
makeuser
+5|6716|Texas
Different games, but hey, they both sell beer.  It's the never ending debate w/my friends (funny talkers and the locals) whether the U.S. could really put an all-star team of athletes together(nfl/track&field/nba) for say the Olympics (we all know the U.S. Eagles would get stomped) and pull it together (maybe we could even power over those sheep-shagging farmer neighbors of yours to the south).  I went on tour in Australia in my mid-20's and I can say the pace is just entirely different from the States.

Union is more popular or at least played more in the States.  Granted, I've never played league, but it just seems like running into a brick wall early in the game, til someone gets tired and someone is able to find the gap.  Union seems to be a much more dynamic game and a little less stop-start.  I have respect for leaguers though. 

Just the same, they're 3 different games and I wouldn't call anyone who played at the top level soft (except for maybe the NFL kickers & punters).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard