tacul
+1|6416
hello im having troubly playing battle field 2 i have tried everything from updating my punkbuster to making bf2 a high task priotority and it jsut doesnt seem to be working.... when ever i have a game of bf2 my game always stumbles and the people just stutter across the map instead of walking/running ididhave a ati 9600 xt and this is when i had the problem then i upped to a x1600 pro 512mb and doesnt seem to of made one slight difference also when i walk the screen stops then im like a meter away from where i was before and this is really getting on my nerves now heres my specs

graphics:x1600pro 512mb
Pentium 4
CPU 1.70 GHz
RAM 1GB

thank you
(by the way i have tried the game on low settings to high settings and tried all the resoloutions still no defference also i changed my desktop to 800x600 still no difference)

and i dont have the norton or any of that instaled and have no spyware/virus and have closed all the background tasks running
LT.Victim
+1,175|6558|British Columbia, Canada
I had the same problem with my old video card when i ran too high graphics for it...

I turned them down to Medium/low and it worked fine...

i've since upgraded my Video card and run high settings..

Video settings was the problem for me..

But since you say its not, i have no idea..
tacul
+1|6416
hmmm very strange ehhh also this has been happening through all the patches not just 1.4

Last edited by tacul (2006-09-29 08:32:31)

Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6602|Parainen, Finland
BF2 loves the RAM, maybe a bit more of them babies on your board would help?????

I had the same problems as you have when I only had 1GB, there is big difference now when i have more!

Hope this helps!! Yah, and what kind of a connection do you have???

Last edited by Ubersturmbannfuhrer (2006-09-29 09:20:11)

tacul
+1|6416
ok thanks more ram ill bere that in mind i have a poor connection of up to 1 gb on dsl broadband wired but my ping is usually around 70 - 110

Last edited by tacul (2006-09-29 09:28:43)

JT_001
+17|6416|Canada
When I first started playing BF2, I only had 1GB of RAM and it was very, very choppy... particularly for the first 60 seconds of a round.

I bought another gig of RAM, so now I have 2GB.  BF2 runs nicely now on high detail with my AMD Athlon XP 2800 and GeForce 7800GT.
Vexikuri
+1|6434
I have 4gig of memory & I still reboot daily just to make sure.  Everyone once & a while I'll get the studdering effect when I first log into a game.  Everything's fine once the game catches up or I get knifed.
1hawaii50
+5|6702
I also think you should have at least 2Gb of memory, also make sure your internet settings in game are set to Cable/DSL, and not T1.  If mine is set to T1 I get all kinds of lag.
Bozaloshtsh
Не пытай
+39|6503|51:33:24N 01:47:03W

tacul wrote:

hello im having troubly playing battle field 2 i have tried everything from updating my punkbuster to making bf2 a high task priotority and it jsut doesnt seem to be working.... when ever i have a game of bf2 my game always stumbles and the people just stutter across the map instead of walking/running ididhave a ati 9600 xt and this is when i had the problem then i upped to a x1600 pro 512mb and doesnt seem to of made one slight difference also when i walk the screen stops then im like a meter away from where i was before and this is really getting on my nerves now heres my specs

graphics:x1600pro 512mb
Pentium 4
CPU 1.70 GHz
RAM 1GB

thank you
(by the way i have tried the game on low settings to high settings and tried all the resoloutions still no defference also i changed my desktop to 800x600 still no difference)

and i dont have the norton or any of that instaled and have no spyware/virus and have closed all the background tasks running
dude - a long shot here.  Deleted the folder 'Battlefield 2' in your 'Documents and Settings'.  You will need to retrieve your account again, and setup your video card in game yet again - but set it at the minimum 'Low' to begin with.  It worked for me last year, and might still work.

Let us know how you got on - upgarding memory from 512 is a must though

Last edited by Bozaloshtsh (2006-09-30 14:59:53)

tacul
+1|6416
thanks for the advice but still it didnt change anything

Let us know how you got on - upgarding memory from 512 is a  must  though
i have 1 gb  of ram already?

Last edited by tacul (2006-10-01 04:05:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard