savannah_lore
+0|6733
I'm running on a radeon 9600 XT 256 with the DNA drivers, though I've tried the omega and standard drivers as well, and all settings on low. When the game first starts my frame rate will hover around 30-35 and go as high as 50 depending on what map so forth, but after about 15 minutes or so of gameplay it drops to 15 and wont go above 20fps. Is this drop a common problem, is there a solution???
topal63
. . .
+533|6737
Yes its COMMON, and FPS has decreased for everyone with the 1.12 patch.

My system is not comparible to yours; FPS is alway over 60 FPS (& up to 90) with everything on HIGH.

But more action = more work for the graphics pipeline.

Explosions = the worst decrease in FPS.
Say something BLOWS UP & there's a smoke grenade & artillary-strike; maybe even a plane bombing too!
ALL at the same time: that = a massive work-load for the graphics pipeline.

On less-equiped systems than mine I have seen things slow to a CRAWL.

And it doesn't matter if you're ON-LINE or in SINGLE player mode.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-09 09:41:20)

Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6758|Chicago
Sorry for askin, but how do you check your frame rate while playing?
irenicus999
+0|6762
You can check frame rate by downloading FRAPS.
Schizferatu
+0|6739|West Central Indiana
FRAPS is bad-ace!

Benchmarking Software - See how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.

Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There's no need to paste into a paint program every time you want to capture the screen. Your screen captures are also automatically named and timestamped.

Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 1152x864 and 100 frames per second!

http://www.fraps.com

Last edited by Schizferatu (2005-12-09 09:56:18)

Hyper
Banned
+154|6770
pm me and ill get ya a *real* version of that there program
CackNBallz
+45|6762|Toronto, Canada
A much easier way of seeing your frames per second is to use the following command while in the console (do this by pressing the ~ key:

renderer.drawfps 1 to show the fps in the top-left corner.
renderer.drawfps 0 to remove it.
Schizferatu
+0|6739|West Central Indiana
What is the bind command ?  Like I tried:    bind <key> game.sayall " message"   to no avail...
Raisinbag
+0|6725
i am also having the 15/66 framerate problem, just started yesterday and ive  been playing the new patch since it came out. I dont want to get into the usual ``yoiu need to upgrade `` runaround becasue this hasnt been a problem until just now.Has anyone come up with fixes? I already deleted the cache files and it helped for about ten minutes.

Any other fixes?
Raisinbag
+0|6725
PROBLEM SOLVED!....overheated video card, too much damn dust on the heatsinks and 2 fans not working.

Blasted teh whole thing out with a can of compressed air and it cam eback to 70-90 frames per second. thankyou ati catalyst for saving my videocard by turning down the fps.

now to throttle the wife and eliminate the pets.     pax

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard