unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

[rant]
Well, amidst the thousands of things that annoy people in this game, only one bothers me.

Minute 1: Hitch ride to enemy base.
Minute 2: Paradrop over enemy assets (maybe UAV), C4 in hand. Drop one. Drop two. Still in the air. Right click, press the button...OOPS!!!

Problem: Oh my freaking god. My thumb wasn't completely over the button yet! It must be a sign of the end of times. Instead of moving his thumb an inch up so he can actually press the boogey red button, this so called 'spec ops' character actually puts away the detonator and throws a THIRD precious C4 pack. Alright, overkill's fine, I suppose...and I still have enough for another asset. Landed by this time, so detonator out, FIRE...and fourth C4 pack dropped. Wash, rinse, repeat, all out of C4! This time it instantly blows up as soon as the detonator peeks over the bottom edge of my monitor, because my little spec ops guy has no more invaluable explosives to waste.

I'm sure everyone's come up against this, while fighting armor or blowing other stuff up and have posted about it, have spammed voip channels and have even flamed EA. What's worse is I have to wait a full three seconds in high lag to detonate my little C4 packages, or else I end up dropping spares. Couldn't we at least be able to pick them back up with a knife?
[/rant]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6777|Noizyland

Understood - It happens.
Be calm with your little Spec. Ops guy. Start planting C4 once you land. Make sure it is firmly strapped to whatever you want to blow up, then, calmly walk away. Switch to your detonator with a simple click of your right mouse botton. Make sure you are safe, and with the detonator out in front f you, press the red button with a simple click of the left mouse botton.

Sometimes you'll find that you acted too fast, and it will plant more C4, especially on a tank because understandibly you are a little stressed out. With a tank even, if he hasn't seen you and you have cover near by, Just run up to it. Strap two on, run back to cover. Now if he hasn't seen you, you'll have plenty of time to destroy him whenever you want! Again, calmy get out your detonator, wait until it is solidly out in your hand, and detonate.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6785|The Hague, Holland

Tyferra wrote:

Understood - It happens.
Be calm with your little Spec. Ops guy. Start planting C4 once you land. Make sure it is firmly strapped to whatever you want to blow up, then, calmly walk away. Switch to your detonator with a simple click of your right mouse botton. Make sure you are safe, and with the detonator out in front f you, press the red button with a simple click of the left mouse botton.
Calmly walk away ?
You would be a freakin bad-ass soldier if you walk all macho like while a freaking radar explodes a few meters behind you .
oberst_enzian
+234|6745|melb.au

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

You would be a freakin bad-ass soldier if you walk all macho like while a freaking radar explodes a few meters behind you .
what, you mean that I am the only one using the 'strut' key after planting explosives?
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6784

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

[rant]
Well, amidst the thousands of things that annoy people in this game, only one bothers me.

Minute 1: Hitch ride to enemy base.
Minute 2: Paradrop over enemy assets (maybe UAV), C4 in hand. Drop one. Drop two. Still in the air. Right click, press the button...OOPS!!!

Problem: Oh my freaking god. My thumb wasn't completely over the button yet! It must be a sign of the end of times. Instead of moving his thumb an inch up so he can actually press the boogey red button, this so called 'spec ops' character actually puts away the detonator and throws a THIRD precious C4 pack. Alright, overkill's fine, I suppose...and I still have enough for another asset. Landed by this time, so detonator out, FIRE...and fourth C4 pack dropped. Wash, rinse, repeat, all out of C4! This time it instantly blows up as soon as the detonator peeks over the bottom edge of my monitor, because my little spec ops guy has no more invaluable explosives to waste.

I'm sure everyone's come up against this, while fighting armor or blowing other stuff up and have posted about it, have spammed voip channels and have even flamed EA. What's worse is I have to wait a full three seconds in high lag to detonate my little C4 packages, or else I end up dropping spares. Couldn't we at least be able to pick them back up with a knife?
[/rant]
i have had this happen a LOT lately...i think it's a bug in the 1.12 patch because i never used to have it happen...it's really really annoying though, i feel your pain
NamelessMarine
+0|6738
Yep.  ALmost as annoying as auto switch to detonator when you're out of C4.  you've all been there, thinking you had three pieces, accually only have two, throw one, two, splode.
Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6763
HAsn't happended that much to me, yet I remember when I was trowing C4 out of  a copter, filled up, trew 5 pieces, before you know, 5 whole tk's, all for me, wierd, don't know wheater it was 1.3 or 1.12...  But no punishments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard