2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6746
I have a killer new site that i wanna upload to the net. When i try to open it with paint or Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 it wont allow me saying" this format is not support". So i just did all of the work in Microsoft Word. It looks fine offline, but when i upload it it looks like this
http://home.comcast.net/~cvkixx/
Does anyone know why this is or can anyone help me?

*Ks*2tuff

(Sorry admins if i posted this in the wrong section)

www.knifeslice.cjb.net
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6759|England
Did you upload the images as well?
Schizferatu
+0|6690|West Central Indiana
It appears that your pics aren't showing up because they are reffering to a folder called, "images" which may be on your computer and not the folder on whatever computer you uploaded the .html to ?  Where did you upload everything to ?  Do you need to go into the .html and edit where the pictures on your website really are ?  Now that you have the .html somewhere in cyberspace, the references wont find the pics like your html editor did because they are not online, they are on your computer.  IF this is what is indeed happening.  After opening your website I clicked the "VIEW" tab and then hit "SOURCE" to read your .html to arrive at what I am guessing your problem is.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
Uh, and you definately want to use .gif or .jpg for those very small images, preferably gifs. PNG is great quality and all, but if you can cut an image down from 192KB to 64K with little to no difference in gif format, you'd have to be an idiot not too.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6812|Cologne, Germany

interesting question, but what exactly does that have to do with BF2 ?

moved to Community:Tech
Schizferatu
+0|6690|West Central Indiana
nothing... I think he just thought that perhaps he found a community of happy helping people who he trusted to give him advice - silly Earthling.  OFF WITH HIS HEAD !
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6746
No i did not upload the images, thanks for the help.....im gonna keep trying.
BTW i came here because i play BF2, not that i just stumbled apon the forums, check the clan section, im here every day.

Last edited by 2tuff (2005-12-09 11:31:22)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
To be honest, it sounds like you haven't the slightest idea of how to start or make a web site, if your trying to do it in MS paint..

And for the sake of every internet user, you may want to reconsiter using MS word to code your hacked up HTML for you.

HTML is very easy to learn, and you can get pretty good results using notepad to code in.

I'd be happy to help you learn though, if you're up for it.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6791|Belgium

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

To be honest, it sounds like you haven't the slightest idea of how to start or make a web site, if your trying to do it in MS paint..
And for the sake of every internet user, you may want to reconsiter using MS word to code your hacked up HTML for you.
HTML is very easy to learn, and you can get pretty good results using notepad to code in.
I'd be happy to help you learn though, if you're up for it.
Hmm, I am more the dreamweaver man, but it sounds that I can learn html code from you... Ok, you've got me interested. How do I start? Got decent tips and stuff, let me have it...
Cherio,
R
Ps.: I do know a little , but I am genuinely interested.

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2005-12-09 14:07:05)

2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6746
I do know what im doing, i have created websites. But this is just the first template i have not created myself.
I'd also like to have some tips on HTML, im no newbie, but far from GURU.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard