IRONCHEF
+385|6461|Northern California

acsman50 wrote:

Sorry IRONCHEF, you were doing so well there for a while. I respect your opinions but please do not refer to the bible as some sort of basis for truth, or as an explanation for anything at all in the modern world. No rational person could ever view the book in such a light.
So close but still so far away from reality. Shame, but good luck to you anyway. You come across streets ahead of the narrow minded morons who consider it clever to dis other peoples beliefs entirely, whereas I only dis them a little bit
Oh, my belief is not treated as an opinion and therefore I'm unallowed to say it.  I don't get what's up with people...who because they don't believe something makes it untrue?  Did you try to find out if the bible was true?  When you read it and decide yes or no as you would a piece of academic material, then yes..it will give youthe impression of fiction.  But the bible is not a academic writing.  It was never intended to be such.  The writings as originally done by the prophet writers, historians of the time, or scribes on behalf of deceased prophets were intended to illustrate God's dealings with man and the hope that the reader will learn the lessons from such dealings.   Attempting to prove the bible true or false then becomes moot as it bears NO semblance of relativity on the content. 

And for arguments sake, how do you know Saddam Hussein was the leader of Iraq?  Did you see him on TV?  Ok, so did I, therefore I believed him to be the president of Iraq.  How about Lenin?  Did you see him on TV and therefore know he was real?  No?  Oh, no TV shows with Lenin.  Ok, then did you read about him in a history book?  Ok, then I guess that's proof.  How about the Maid of Lorraine?  Did she exist?  You didn't see her on TV.  Maybe you read a history article on her.  But then...historians that long ago???  Maybe they were biased towards the French since the English historians didn't have a history of the Maid of Lorraine or Joan of Ark.  Ok, how about the people who lived in Machu Piccho?  ever seen a historical transcript of their lives, their dealings with neighboring peoples?  Probably not...  Getting my point?    How far back do we have well detailed history?  Further, how accurate is history as written by a single historian?  What about a cult movement called Christianity whose members in their infancy were less than 10,000?  Would you expect any historical writings?    With Roman rule over a Jewish area, I think you'd be hard pressed to prove a citizen named Jesus was ever born from a town called Bethlehem or that he lived with Mary and Joseph in Nazareth and operated a wood shop. 

So again, just because you don't believe something (and obviously haven't invested time finding out or even trying with the right purpose), doesn't mean it's not true.  The majority of humans dispute you.
IRONCHEF
Oh, and sorry for letting this topic get hijacked by you godless heathens enthrawling the invincible Ironchef with claims of discredit.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6679|Wilmington, DE, US

IRONCHEF wrote:

Oh, and sorry for letting this topic get hijacked by you godless heathens enthrawling the invincible Ironchef with claims of discredit.
Real quick though, what exactly is your problem with atheists/agnostics?
IRONCHEF
None, but they sure have a problem with me!  And worse, for people trying not to be religious, they sure know alot about it...which begs the question...is there such thing as an atheist?
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6679|Wilmington, DE, US

IRONCHEF wrote:

None, but they sure have a problem with me!  And worse, for people trying not to be religious, they sure know alot about it...which begs the question...is there such thing as an atheist?
For me it's one of those "I don't care, as long as your beliefs aren't bothering me" sort of things. I'm not a militant atheist. Unless I get attacked by a rabid born again Christian telling me dinosaurs were hunted to extinction by humans. That was a fun night.
IRONCHEF
What? YOu don't believe we hunted the dinosaurs to extinction?  That's like 1st grade history bub!  lol
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Stop derailing my thread you motherfuckers!

herrr_smity
+156|6598|space command ur anus
diosnosours LOL

back on track -=-
no way bin laden has nukes
IRONCHEF
Well, Abu disuptes you.  See the part where he tells them to get dirty bombs together to attack bases.  If they haven't produced any ditry bombs yet, it may be because they chose not to.  And this may be a sign that they are choosing to.  (rhetoric intended)

But hey, as long as we're "Stayin' the Course" we'll be fine and bring to justice and smoke out all them evil-doer killer folks! 
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6625|United States of America

IRONCHEF wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

And I'm still waiting for where I said evolution is "fake."  Because making fun of scientists or saying the theory is not proven is not even close to saying it's fake.  Were I saying the theory of evolution is fake, I'd be saying things like "Oh, some scientists have been passing on this conspiracy suggesting that mankind has evolved from a single cell or from the microbacteria from a comet or some "big bang!" What a bunch of loons!"  but no, I've said it (the theory of evolution) is not proven, and seperately, I've made fun of scientists and other learned professionals who claim their theory is the only thing it could be...when in reality, they are merely discovering the things that a supreme being has actually created.
^^^^Lies, Denies, Lies, Re-denies...... I wish I spoke assclown so I could understand what IRONCHEF really meant when he clearly said scientist were stupid and were trying to figure out how GOD CREATED THINGS.  Gee, If you state

IRONCHEF wrote:

trying to discover how God created things, seasons, time and space
one could only conclude that you believe God created things, and if you read the bible God created man, not to be confused with a monkey that became man or a bacteria that became a whale.  Also if you know anything about Evolution you would know that the theory is not that God created a monkey and thus started the evolution of man or that God created a newt that became an elephant.

Or are you stating that you could not follow the original argument and decided to show that you're a complete idiot and are one of these people that believe that the two actually exist together, but you don't know how to articulate the concept through the use of the English language.  Thus an Assclown rant about dumb scientists and God creating things means in Assclown that: "I believe that Evolution is possible and God created it"
And if you understood english, you'd see that believing in creation does NOT interfere with one's beliefs towards evolution, you'd probably not be feeling like an idiot now, would you?

The theory of evolution and creationism DO NOT conflict is what I'll try to explain to you since you're so uneducated in this debate.  Creationism, aka, "Biblical Accounting" of this earth is a mere 7,000 years.  If you knew anything about the bible, specifically Genesis 1:1 where God said that in the beginning he created the heavens and the earth, you'd know that we, people who understand the bible and actually studied it for the right reasons, know that the word 'create' was a poorly chosen word because the original hebrew word used to describe that verse by Moses long ago is "assemble."  To assemble, you take pieces to form something.  This earth was formed and it goes along fine with what scientists have discovered regarding techtonic plate movement, forming of terrain and oceans, etc.  Nothing amiss here.  This biblical account also does not say that God created other civilizations, other creatures, other worlds...but he did.  But this is something some angry and ignorant non-believer would not possibly know or understand because he learned all he needed to know about the bible by what his friends told him when they made fun of him for going to sunday school when he was a kid.  lol

All this aside, I'm still unaware of how my English language quotations above can be construed (?) as saying I believe the theory of evolution is "fake."  Further, I can't see how you can't read well enough to see that by saying "they are merely discovering the things that a supreme being has actually created" - somehow means that I am denying scientists are faking creation?  I just said that they are discovering what god has created.  If i was saying it's fake, I'd have ommitted that criticism of said scientists.

Man you people are dense.  But it's cool.  One day, when you reach maturation to a degree when you actually question your pathetic lives...and you ask yourself why  you're here, where you came from, and where you're going...you'll figure it out..then you'll feel like an ass for your petty triffles with IRONCHEF on that BF2 message board....word!
So your saying that you were speaking in Assclown and when it is translated to English it means that you believe that God created Evolution.

If you speak in English things are less confusing.  Don't rant in Assclown about stupid scientists and God creating things and think people will know you're talking about God creating Evolution.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Sorry to steal from Jon Stewart, but you can put any outlandish statement out there as long as you have a question mark at the end. Rhetorical questions are never questioned. Say I wanted to publish that all Americans were fat obnoxious retards. Now if I wrote as a headline "All Americans are Fat Obnoxious Retards" I'd get hate mail and letter bombs - fair enough too. However, if I wrote as my headline "All Americans are Fat Obnoxious Retards?" I could spot all the bullshit I wantd. Peope might say "Hey,
you can't say that!" but I can jus raply with "I'm just asking!"

No Bin Laden is not going to nuke the US.

(This is where I stole that from.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
IRONCHEF
Spittle, i see that you are above, or below having mature, honest dialogue.  maybe lay off the paint chips.
LoneWolfMDS
+3|6433|north carolina
it probably won't happen. that's why we torture the prisoners so we get info out of them. bush actually does protect us believe it or not. there's shit that goes on that we don't know about.
IRONCHEF

LoneWolfMDS wrote:

it probably won't happen. that's why we torture the prisoners so we get info out of them. bush actually does protect us believe it or not. there's shit that goes on that we don't know about.
Hehe, mmmkay.  Clue us in on the unknowns!  Because believe it or not, MOST people on the planet don't think he's a very complex or well thought out kinda guy.

Also, how does he protect us exactly?  Do you live near a major ocean port?  Do you have to drive on various bridges in San Francisco?

**edit**  Ok, i get it..haha..sarcasm.  I'm awfully slow today...

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-09-28 15:40:27)

d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6655|Hell's prison
Bin Laden aint got the sac, and Bush does alot for us, even for the ignorant...
IRONCHEF

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Bin Laden aint got the sac, and Bush does alot for us, even for the ignorant...
Dude, you KNOW you're not allowed to talk in these kind of threads!  What are you thinking?
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6625|United States of America

IRONCHEF wrote:

Spittle, i see that you are above, or below having mature, honest dialogue.  maybe lay off the paint chips.
Paint Chips, yep your conversations are much too mature.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard