jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6635|yourmomshouse
Maybe you never played the beta . HALO o please go play super mario cart .
ToiletTrooper
+25|6798|WC

SGT.Slayero wrote:

maybe or maybe not
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6474|Bradford UK

stryyker wrote:

Since when has a sequel made the previous game MORE popular
CALL OF DUTY 2....to name but one
lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6516|Maine

imdead wrote:

So far the people that have written in this thread have no idea what 2142 is; have any of you even played the BETA?? In summary- if you've played Halo, you've played 2142.
thanks?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6491

spacebandit72 wrote:

I will be getting 2142 but I will still play bf2.
I will probably alternate days or something because I still play bf2 almost every day. It's a great game and always has been. 1.3 sucked but when I was able to play I still had fun doing it.
2142 will not make bf2 more popular. It will be as good as bf2 so I think allot of people will find themselves doing the same as me... playing both.
Perfectly stated, +1
Icleos
+101|6765
I believe that BF2142 will not be as popular as BF2...

Cons
First off this is futuristic warfare which is a complete change in all of the Battlefield games.  Until now the series has been realistic warfare after warfare... Now we have taken a turn into Sci-FI.  Old veteran gamers of 1942 might not be inclined or interested play this type of game.

Second, BF2 is probably the best game out of the series that has taken a solid interest in the military.
People who are recently or currently serving their countries are going to be more interested in a modern day warfare game than a SCI-FI warfare game.  They can relate more to realism than fantasy.

Third, In BF2 the awards system was typically designed so that it would enhance the gameplay.  If you didn't play for personal fun you were playing to get awards... Or perhaps both.  BF2142 did not drastically change the award system.  From the perspective of the players that play for awards will be disappointed.
It's practically the same as BF2 all over again but with easier requirements.

Semi-Pro
When BF2 was out for about, (If I can remember correctly...) Four months, unlocks made the game drastically interesting.  Ranks were hard to get and unlocks were VERY RARE!  Everyone only had about 1 to 2 unlocks.  So when you got killed by something new it made you think, "WTF WAS THAT!?"  That kind of gameplay died when the October patch came out with... "Wake Island."
The abundance of unlocks in BF2142 might actually help the diversity of gameplay a bit but still not what it could be...

Lastly if you take a look at the ranks they are fictitious and sloppy...
The typical modern day Insignia has been butchered into a split personally of gold and silver indentities plus a small mix of Russian Insignia.  All this to compensate for the unlocks?  This does provides diversity of gameplay but in a ridiculous way.  But that's the point of fantasy.

Even with all this said I will be getting the game...  Why?
Because I just happen to like futuristic warfare games and I can relate to it.

Futuristic Games I have enjoyed and played:
Deus Ex
Deux Ex: Invisible War
Mech Warrior (All)
Armored Core (All)
Gun Griffin Blaze
Command and Conquer (All)
Dawn of War
Firewarrior
and the list goes on...
Whodofart
+11|6465|U.S.A.
I hope it does, cause i had a friends that got me started on BF2.  When i started getting into BF2, all my friends left and went to other games such as WoW and COH or COV.  (FYI...all my friends have extremely short attention spans....LOL).  Anyway, one of my short attention span friends just pre-ordered 2142 and said he would play it more cause he is into more sci-fi shooters instead of modern combat shooters.  Hopefully playing 2142 will get him to want to play bf2 again aswell........will see and find out.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6476|Ontario, Canada
jrock, Its people like you who make gaming bad. Not just BF2, gaming overall. Your attitude towards gaming is racial and obtuse. Calling me a "darkforskinlover" isn't too mature of you. Now, im not going to act like a 8 year old and flame insults at you because where will that get? No where. Instead im just going to laugh at your knowledge.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
P581
Monkey
+44|6492
Jrock wins, thread over, goodnight.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6672
it all depends whether it is good or not
lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6516|Maine
My avatar is LandFill from BeerFest which is an R rated movie which you would not be allowed to view.  You da man NUBLET
gameaddict
+35|6703|let op drempels

d4rkst4r wrote:

jrock, Its people like you who make gaming bad. Not just BF2, gaming overall. Your attitude towards gaming is racial and obtuse. Calling me a "darkforskinlover" isn't too mature of you. Now, im not going to act like a 8 year old and flame insults at you because where will that get? No where. Instead im just going to laugh at your knowledge.
nothing to personal against you,but your original post wasnt to mature to
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6476|Ontario, Canada
Ok, I can understand where you are coming from with that and I respect that, I just would like to know gameaddict how? I was asking mearly an opinion question. Also, I don't know how I appear "immature" since im not the one screamming insults, so im just a little confused here.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6516|Maine
I resign  from anymore flame wars.  FLAME away if you need to but it's my opinioin that flaming post do not add substance to these threads.

with respect,

LT2TANKS
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6791|Human Meat Shield

jrockyourdome wrote:

Never played Mario cart, dont even know what that is, maybe I should google it, Im a little older so I wouldnt know what that means, but I think its a shot at me.

But I have played the BETA (sucks that they only gave one map) and yes I've played Halo. 

The best thing about 2142 are the unlocks, even the rankage is funny. You rank up so fast its meaningless, the speed of the game is great, but one thing that really sucked is the enemy is hard to determine who's who until they are smiling as you are counting down. The Commander role is useless. The 2142 game takes teamwork, but if you have the drones you dont need a commander. The unlocks of weapons are a joke as all of them dont have one advantage over another, the best thing is the unlocks that are drones and shotguns, the vehicles are a joke, the Mech- someone throws a rock it explodes - but it does take out choppers with one shot -

other than that...Halo.
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6635|yourmomshouse

lt2tanks wrote:

imdead wrote:

So far the people that have written in this thread have no idea what 2142 is; have any of you even played the BETA?? In summary- if you've played Halo, you've played 2142.
thanks?
Thanks 4 what its not like HALO fatboy .
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6635|yourmomshouse

imdead wrote:

jrockyourdome wrote:

Never played Mario cart, dont even know what that is, maybe I should google it, Im a little older so I wouldnt know what that means, but I think its a shot at me.

But I have played the BETA (sucks that they only gave one map) and yes I've played Halo. 

The best thing about 2142 are the unlocks, even the rankage is funny. You rank up so fast its meaningless, the speed of the game is great, but one thing that really sucked is the enemy is hard to determine who's who until they are smiling as you are counting down. The Commander role is useless. The 2142 game takes teamwork, but if you have the drones you dont need a commander. The unlocks of weapons are a joke as all of them dont have one advantage over another, the best thing is the unlocks that are drones and shotguns, the vehicles are a joke, the Mech- someone throws a rock it explodes - but it does take out choppers with one shot -

other than that...Halo.
O.k o.K I Hear you on some of what you said ,but I don't think Halo is the same at all.  Your right about playing commander it's a waste of time. I'm sure they will make plenty of changes before it's finished, Just like BF2 . I never was one to scope my medals and, rank. I just play the game so I could care about ranks , or unlocks. I play for fun most times I pull a K/P open field just to do it. So please buy the game so I can take your dogtag I had 100+ at end of beta . And Mario Cart Rocks try it!!!! No jk
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6564|Winterpeg, Canada

stryyker wrote:

Ever heard of Vietnam and 1942? Many people, and I mean LOTS went back to 1942 after seeing the disappointing game called Battlefield: Vietnam.
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6635|yourmomshouse

d4rkst4r wrote:

Ok, I can understand where you are coming from with that and I respect that, I just would like to know gameaddict how? I was asking mearly an opinion question. Also, I don't know how I appear "immature" since im not the one screamming insults, so im just a little confused here.
Its like I said man . You started the post saying that only 8 yearold punks [NOOBS] would stay playing 2142 . Some people like to play other games . Like I said your post was lame ,and thats why I treated it as so .So next time you post some kiddy dreaming shit then be ready to watch your thread go to shit. get it?
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6562|The Lost Highway
Nice huge ass sig there buddy.
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6635|yourmomshouse

lt2tanks wrote:

My avatar is LandFill from BeerFest which is an R rated movie which you would not be allowed to view.  You da man NUBLET
And you bud you don't even have a victims list so you don't game at all . Why do you even care?
lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6516|Maine
what? did you say knife and pistol?
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6635|yourmomshouse
What do you mean knife and pistol?

Last edited by jrockyourdome (2006-09-29 16:09:03)

rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6583

Jbrar wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Ever heard of Vietnam and 1942? Many people, and I mean LOTS went back to 1942 after seeing the disappointing game called Battlefield: Vietnam.
I was going to say that. But its true. I bought BFV, got all exited but whent back to 1942:Dc because it was better.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6476|Ontario, Canada
jrock, I think your are so offended by my thread because you could be an 8 year old. It would explain how insecure you are. You know what, if you don't like this thread then leave, and take your boyfriend mKmalfunction with you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard