theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
we? we ? superfly?

does that mean that you are officially out of retirement?

geeze its hot and i got an interview now. wish me luck!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

theDude5B wrote:

we? we ? superfly?

good luck kilt pwner
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6598|Germany

theDude5B wrote:

we? we ? superfly?

*weeeeeeeeee* superfizzle FTW

Good luck m8
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

Just kill'em all.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
thanks for the support

talked more here

Back On Topic:

Superfly, maybe you should be in charge then of coming up with some new tactics which we can practice when playing? that is if you are not still retired.

I will be on tonight so we can try out some new stuff i guess.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

Tactics training ???
CLAN WARNING!!!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6498|Belgium

although the factory tactic is a good one if you succeed, it might cost you the game.

You go towards factory, but they have a good commander, immeadiatly noticing you. The tank did not yet crossed to river to head for hotel, and notices the apc because the commander spotted him. He turns around and kick your ass.

A quick rush towards suburb can stop the bleeding. You can cap it before the tank can get their usually. But beware of people not going for points, they sometimes spawn there.

If that doesn't succeed, a rush to square or train station might be the solution, don't forget that the factory flag takes AGES to go down and up again, usually two arti strikes, at least one.

Now about the whole tactics idea, I think it depends on the situation, who you are playing against and how the game starts.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands

Negerkungen wrote:

Just kill'em all.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6686|Germany

General-Echo wrote:

Negerkungen wrote:

Just kill'em all.
I made already some connection to a major cheat developer that say he can produce some kind of atomic, magnetic e-bomb, so when our commander uses it at the beginning of the round, all enemy soldiers get fragged, all flags of the enemy switch to our flag (no matter what side we are on), INCLUDING ALSO THEIR UNCAP !!!---instant win! victory again for us.

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-07-26 03:27:16)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
right are we going to try and come up with different tactis for the different maps?

Superfly, you going to be in charge of the tactics?

Dancer can we use this MEGA hack when we come to playing the big clans?!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6498|Belgium

nice one dancer, I'm working on torpedo's to sink the carrier.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

theDude5B wrote:

Back On Topic:

Superfly, maybe you should be in charge then of coming up with some new tactics which we can practice when playing? that is if you are not still retired.
first off, i am retired so i would not be the right person for the job.  second, even if I were to unretire there is still a great deal of opposition to the idea of tactics and the "play to win" mentality that i would want instilled. 

having said that, if there were enough support for the new approach to the bf2s server (teamwork + tactics + play to win) I would be tempted to unretire and produce a tactical template for us.

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-07-27 04:12:28)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
well i think it would be a good idea to employ some new tacticts = win the rounds. Even if we are not as serious as clans, it would be fun for some nights, we have a [BF2s] commander and one/two [BF2s] squad(s) working together to win the round.

Last night myself, Slayer, Hellhead, JahMan, Col64 were employing some good tacticts to try and win the rounds. HellHead was commander so could guide us.

Even if we come up with tacticts for Infantry maps, Flight maps then play using them and see what the outcome is. If people start to enjoy the game less and dont enjoy the atmosphere anymore because we are starting to act like a clan then we can stop!

??
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6763

theDude5B wrote:

i know i havnt played with you guys yet (well once before patch 1.22) but i will hopefully after patch 1.3 if it fixes my BF2 problem.

but i think this strategy usually works pretty well.

http://www.xboxed360.net/xb/images/stri … iew8qp.jpg

right you have red squad, green, blue and yellow.

Personally i dont really like the yellow route because i have seen people use it before and if you are expecting people to use it then you can defend against it pretty easily. (suppose that goes for all the routes though).

firstly the red route. one squad jumps into a humvy as soon as the game loads. follow the route, trying to avoid the enemy near the hotel. you will hopefully not encounter any armour once on the road near the suburb. the white circle is where you might experience some resistance because you have a narrow passage in which to go through with your vehicle and squad mates. usually though there is not much resistance once you get to the suburb because people are either fighting with the enemy at the hotel, or fighting with each other over who gets the tank and apc's.

secondly the blue route. one squad again jumps into a humvy and follows this route. hopefully you can get past the rear of the hotel without someone hitting you with a rocket or mine. usually if u drive fast enough this isnt a problem. however once u get into the white circle there is a high chance of running into the enemy armour. maybe take a slight detour through the market slowely and hope that the armour doesnt see you. once you get to the train wreck you can either cap that flag (usually with low infantry resistance) or you can follow it on to the gatehouse following the green route.

thirdly the green route. same as the blue route but always go for the gatehouse. you could have a blue and green squad capturing both flags.

both the blue and green squads have a good chance of hearing the artillery fire once the flag goes neutral. so you can move if this happens cause the chances are that the enemy commander knows you are there and wants to take you out.
Red route has major problems because it is so easily defended against.  From when you're driving parallel to the Hotel spawn until you get back onto the road after the white circle, i.e. on the road north towards the Suburb spawn, you're a sitting duck for an AT rocket.  Also, a single AT mine in the right place (e.g. after the hard left going up the dirt track on the hill or in the walled section where the white circle is) will ruin your day.  They are almost impossible to spot if placed right, especially in the walled section, so perhaps it's better to abandon the vehicle outside the walled section and run to the Suburb.

Red is possible in a humvee and (with a bit of reversing) an apc.  Can't do it in a tank though.

Blue/green.  Might be worth stopping at Square to take that.  It'd certainly give their armour something to do if it's coming the other way.

Yellow.  I don't like yellow as a colour, it always reminds me of hospital walls, especially in mental hospitals.  Anyway... you need a medic in your vehicle if you're going to do yellow - you'll be out of bounds for a time.

I like paranoid's/superfly's idea of a team to use an APC to take the MEC base at the start of the round.  With that team you'd be able to check whether there's AT mines on the ramp and remove them before you advance.

As far as having someone go on top of the MEC factory, where the armour spawns, it is possible.  The ladder is on the container crane, at the far south side of the island.  Up that, along the top, jump onto one of the cylinders (silos?) and then onto the factory roof.  However, I found to my cost recently, if you're up there you need to keep an eye on the minimap all the time.  If the opposing commander drops a vehicle on you, there's about a second's warning - the icon will appear on your minimap - before you die.  Sure, when artillery comes you can hear it fire and have enough time to run to the far side of the roof but there's no sound when a vehicle drop happens.
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6578|Edinburgh
I think map strategies are a great idea.  It is way more fun if there is someone thinking about the bigger picture, using the squads to deal with jobs as they come up etc.  I am so far down the BF2 food chain that it is just about all I can do to stay alive and keep my eye on the minimap, but if I know the commander or SL is thinking strategically I will always page up any order from them and do my bit for the team.  I know I am not much use on my own, so always prefer to go with the squad.

As de Jappe said, it depends on who you are facing, but some more plans would be good.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
good work NooBesT.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

Way to go Finland!!!
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6758|Hanging onto the UAV
I like that Cleansweep strat. You could try one for Daqing Oilfields?
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6498|Belgium

if you like a challenge, try songhua stalemate. I find it very hard to find some decent strategies here. Unless you are only with very few (like 16 players like we played two weeks ago). Just lay mines and don't bother about the two top ones, try to cap as many of the middle ones as possible to keep the other team in a bleed, was my best strategy I could find at that moment. So much depends on the quality of your team at this round and the number of squads. Good luck

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard