eusgen
Nugget
+402|6792|Jupiter
Can an ISP...
-Disable my ability to use certain ports
-But i can play BF2, talk on TS
-Wont let me access AIM, MSN messanger..

or is my ISP just reallllly slow right now and its pinging out?
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6722|Oregon
could be your modem..have them run a check on it while your downloading a file (fast server preferably).

could be a firewall you have installed on your computer...you can block/unblock programs in that...
rizbiz
+3|6424
depends on what isp u got, i gots cablevision and nothing's blockin. i turned off windows firewall and got some zone alarm. very user friendly
_projekt1
+1|6423|Scotland!
I used Zone Alarm for about 6 months then it just started letting random programmes do what they want (and no it wasn't a virus / spyware)

so I swapped to Sygate, IMO the best firewall for free
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6597|Seattle

I h8 zonealarm. Talk about annoying...

The answer is yes, they can block anything they want BUT there's no way in hell they would ever do that. (unless maybe if you asked them too)

If you go into command prompt, go to start-->run-->type cmd and hit enter then type:

Code:

netstat -a
It will show you all of your open ports and the ones with an active session. You can google what ports you need open for aim or whatever and check it against your allowed list

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-09-27 19:44:27)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
rizbiz
+3|6424
one of my friends uses sygate, i used it for a while AFTER i used zone alarm, but now i gots a new computer so i just do zone alarm...pretty good for whatever i do...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard