gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6773
1 month ago I earned the crew service ribbon because some guy in a helicopter let me fly with him and be the gunner.
To earn this ribbon you need.
IAR: 1 Driver Special Ability Point
IAR: 13 Driver Kill Assists
IAR: 5 kills
For some reason I did exactly this requirements flying with him.
After I earned the ribbon he stopped the helicopter and leave. Just like that. Like he knew it.

Today I flied with another guy in a helicopter too and the same thing happened.
I earned the helicopter service ribbon.
IAR: 15 minutes in Helicopter
IAR: 19 kills in Helicopter
After I earned this ribbon I told him... Hey thanks, I just won a ribbon.
He stopped the helicopter, leave and told me I'll be back.
I stayed at the heli as gunner, he hide behind a house and told me wait...
But some other guy took the heli and I flew with this other guy and after killing 27 I earned the good conduct medal.

Was this only luck or are there any guys helping guys like me ?
Because I am not good at air/heli combat.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6787|UK
Yes i've taken multiple guys up in the bombers and gotten them numerous awards, but I suck at the choppers and thanks to those chopper pilots who kill so many in them things and helped me receive my badge and ribbon. Honestly I give those chopper guys some huge respect as I know how easy those things are to kill and some ppl do a DAMN good job of staying alive and helping the team out.
oberst_enzian
+234|6754|melb.au
actually, these weren't really people, but something called battlefield:elves. because it's close to christmas, they are coming out and helping people achieve awards that are otherwise hard to get. however, if you've been bad, they won't come, or in my case, they will stop awards appearing in your BFHQ even when you've met the requirements for something...

on a serious note, it sounds like you were just very lucky to find good people who helped you out...
RVS-Valve
+0|6750
I've had some help from people. I played one server with a guy who was probably the best chopper pilot I've seen, and I managed to make gunner seat. I managed to do my part in spotting and TV missiles, and the guy promised me he'd get me gold that round. Sure enough, he lined me up for perfect shots, kept us alive, and got me the gold plus two ribbons. On another server I manged to get the passenger seat in the bomber. The guy didn't just bomb targets and ignore me. He actually lined up shots for me. I was trying to get my vet engy badge (which I still need, grr. Always 1 kill away), but I didn't tell him until a couple minutes before the end. Once I did, he did his best to help me get it (I was 1 away at the end, though.) If I'd said something sooner, I'm sure I would have had the badge. There really are some nice people. I know if anyone ever mentions that he needs a badge or ribbon, I'll do my best to help them. I guess the moral is don't be afraid to ask your teammates for help. You might actually find someone willing to do so. Worst case scenario is they ignore you. Best case you make a friend.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6727|MoVal, Southern California
yeah...when i was still new to bf2 i didn't know much about being gunner. I didn't play the gunner role much. Then one day this guy asked me to be gunner, so i did... Man, then i realized that guy can fly! he helped me rack up a lot of points and was very nice to me. Turns out, a couple weeks later i join his clan and now we're buddies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard