Rosse_modest
+76|6746|Antwerp, Flanders

Pubic wrote:

Bottom line: If you don't like the way we do things in the west....GO HOME.
Eurabia is their home now.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6733|d

Pubic wrote:

i am home, and i still don't like the way things are done. Change is good, adaption is required.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Looks  like implied threat defeats free speech again.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6701|Peoria, Illinois

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

Seriously. They should put the opera on. Most Muslims won't give a flying s**t that it's on. The few that think the idea of the opera going ahead is a problem should think about emigrating. If free speack isn't free then what's the point.

I remember when those cartoons came out there were groups of British Muslims that went around campaigning for the cartoons to be published. Remember Muslims = good. Crazy Muslims = bad.
I totally agree. No one should give in to the radicals. When they immigrate into the country, they should be accepting Germany's freedom of speech. However, they would rather change it. That's the point. These extremists want to change the world to fit their views and by not playing that opera, they they are giving into the extremists.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6623

Pubic wrote:

But 'going home' isn't how we do things in the west... we gather in protest and make our voices heard.  If you don't like how we do things in the west I suggest you get out and protest that we have too much freedom to protest....
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6530
Its sad to say but all these muslim supporters will dissappear when the next 9/11 happens in the US. I wish they would go away with out another tragedy but they wont. Living in denial of what is happening is their greatest downfall.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

I never say "enough" of freedom of religion.  Perhaps you missed the paragraph which says "It is not only Muslims who have been offended by depictions of religion in art".  I don't really care if people want to claim they are trying to avoid stirring up tension, because if are unwilling to put themselves in the firing line for their art then what they have to say is not worth hearing anyway. 

And when businesses pull the plug on a cartoon/play/film which might cause offence, you always know the real reason is they are scared that the bad publicity will affect their bottom line, nothing else.  Businesses don't care who gets fucked over or upset as long as they can profit from it. 

People can hold demonstrations against passion this and da vinci that, but just because they protest with demands that may infringe on others rights, doesn't mean that people have to do anything about it.  If someone organised a protest saying that all people of denomination xyz shouldn't be forced to pay taxes, doesn't mean that it's fair or reasonable.  I've been to anti-car protests that turned into riots, but there are still fucking cars everywhere. 

The media is trying to make people scared of Muslims because it sells papers and keeps the viewer figures for the news up.  It's not surprising that some foolish theatre house actually believes they are responsible if people die at a protest against a production they put on.  The media is in a win-win situation, they over-cover any protests by Muslims and spin it out as highly dangerous, and they jump on it as Muslims breaching freedom of speech when cowards decide their art isn't worth standing up for. 

I say "ENOUGH" media hype, "ENOUGH" acting like Muslims are criminals simply because of their religion, and "ENOUGH" to lowing's hatred of human rights.

Savage Trayloc wrote:

Muslims are the problem and they should be wiped from existence period....
Yeah, we hear that all the time on these forums.  I find it just as offensive as if someone had said "dirty Jewes, I wish Hitler had finished the job".
Please name one other religion in todays world that people need to be concerned about the backlash of their negative words about that religion.

It isn't the MEDIA blowing shit unorginalnuttah, it isn't the MEDIA committing suicide attacks on civilians, it isn't the MEDIA, that is flying airplanes into buildings,or blowing commuter trains or subways, it isn't the MEDIA who rioted and murdered over a cartoon, it isn't the MEDIA who is threatening more violence over the Popes words or killed a nun. It isn't the MEDIA who is beheading people on video, or mutilating bodies in the street like a pack of wild animals, and it isn't the MEDIA that people are worried about with the continuation of this production......... It is the MUSLIMS!!!!

PLEASE don't preach about human rights for a group of people that purposely commit, condone, or finance violence to this magnitude again civilians. If they don't condone this behavior, where arethe riots and world wide protests from the Muslims AGAINST IT? I know they have the numbers for such a demonstration, we all sw it over that damn cartoon

After the world wide "cartoon" backlash, do you really think that people are stupid, for thinking twice about the possibility of "insulting" this religion.

People did protest against the Passion of the Christ....WORLD WIDE!!!.... How many murders were there, how many burned down embassies?? NOBODY was afraid of violence from the Jews and you damn well know it.

Now it seems another amendment to the Constitution......"You have the right to be free from getting your feelings hurt", seems to be the next addition.

Last edited by lowing (2006-09-27 15:35:49)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/27/berlin.opera.ap/index.html

Where exactly does it end, and what does this have to with the US in Iraq as the reason for fearing Muslim retaliation on the world...Seems to me, that Islam is a threat to the world, NOT just those that support the US and Israel.
seeing how the jewish community cried about the movie of mel Gibson passion of the christ, i see that they have every right to cry about an opera about the head of their prophet.

They are all religious freaks.. on both side.

stop all support to middle eastern countries including ISRAEL.. get out of IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN

let them fight their religious war alone
The Jes might have "CRIED" over the Passion......But how many embassies or murders or riots occured because of it??
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

oug wrote:

Overlooking entire military campaigns to focus on stupid operas. When do YOU say enough?
Painfully obvious..........you missed the point.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

You notice how nobody demanded them to stop it in the three years it's been running?  And yet you blame Muslims?
They made it clear due to RECENT events of the cartoon riots and the Pope comments, they were fearful of retaliation. Clearly the Muslim community has made it clear they have zero tolerance for such things lately.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6623

lowing wrote:

Please name one other religion in todays world that people need to be concerned about the backlash of their negative words about that religion.

It isn't the MEDIA blowing shit unorginalnuttah, it isn't the MEDIA committing suicide attacks on civilians, it isn't the MEDIA, that is flying airplanes into buildings, it isn't the MEDIA who rioted and murdered over a cartoon, it isn't the MEDIA who is threatening more violence over the Popes words or killed a nun. It isn't the MEDIA who is beheading people on video, or mutilating bodies in the street like a pack of wild animals, and it isn't the MEDIA that people are worried about with the continuation of this production......... It is the MUSLIMS!!!!

PLEASE don't preach about human rights for a group of people that purposely commit, condone, or finance violence to this magnitude again civilians. If they don't condone this behavior, where arethe riots and world wide protests from the Muslims AGAINST IT? I know they have the numbers for such a demonstration, we all sw it over that damn cartoon
If there were a peaceful gathering of 10 million Muslims protesting against terrorism on the same day as a riot by 300 extremists, the riot would be front page news and the peaceful protest would get 2 column inches on page 40.

lowing wrote:

After the world wide "cartoon" backlash, do you really think that people are stupid, for thinking twice about the possibility of "insulting" this religion.
Yes.

lowing wrote:

People did protest against the Passion of the Christ....WORLD WIDE!!!.... How many murders were there, how many burned down embassies?? NOBODY was afraid of violence from the Jews and you damn well know it.
The murders and torched embassies are a symptom of other tensions, not the direct result of the publishing of the cartoons.  There were murders by Christians in some of the countries where tensions run highest between the two religions.  Were the LA race riots caused entirely by the acquittal of the cops by the white jury?  No.  If that hadn't been the trigger, something else would have.  Avoiding dealing with the underlying tension and instead focusing on preventing triggers (e.g. police checking for people filming before they engage in brutal beatings) just isn't adequate.

lowing wrote:

Now it seems another amendment to the Constitution......"You have the right to be free from getting your feelings hurt", seems to be the next addition.
Didn't you know? Defamation is already in there, mate.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Just making a small correction.
Buddhism doesnt seem like too much of a threat to me. Is it reallly threatening you that much? Islam is the only religion with huge numbers of radicals.
While Buddhism is technically a religion, I see it more as a group of spiritualists that some dogmatic religion.  So yes, I do see all dogmatic religion as a major threat to the continued existence of the human species.
Oh, come on. Asteroids, disease and other catalysts of mass extinction are threats to our existence.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-27 16:09:48)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

lowing wrote:

It isn't the MEDIA blowing shit unorginalnuttah, it isn't the MEDIA committing suicide attacks on civilians, it isn't the MEDIA, that is flying airplanes into buildings, it isn't the MEDIA who rioted and murdered over a cartoon, it isn't the MEDIA who is threatening more violence over the Popes words or killed a nun. It isn't the MEDIA who is beheading people on video, or mutilating bodies in the street like a pack of wild animals, and it isn't the MEDIA that people are worried about with the continuation of this production......... It is the MUSLIMS!!!!

If there were a peaceful gathering of 10 million Muslims protesting against terrorism on the same day as a riot by 300 extremists, the riot would be front page news and the peaceful protest would get 2 column inches on page 40.

lowing wrote:

Yes.

lowing wrote:

The murders and torched embassies are a symptom of other tensions, not the direct result of the publishing of the cartoons.  There were murders by Christians in some of the countries where tensions run highest between the two religions.  Were the LA race riots caused entirely by the acquittal of the cops by the white jury?  No.  If that hadn't been the trigger, something else would have.  Avoiding dealing with the underlying tension and instead focusing on preventing triggers (e.g. police checking for people filming before they engage in brutal beatings) just isn't adequate.

lowing wrote:

Didn't you know? Defamation is already in there, mate.
The big word here is......."IF"......what is obvious is, there were in such protests were there?

Gee, so you are one of those people that won't believethe "Wet Paint" sign. You really gotta see for yourself.

Just how many excuses are willing to bow to in an effort to justify and rationalize terrorism?? The riots and looting were a result of the the cops acquittal. Or are you going to tell me that the people involved, decided to steal a big screen TV in protest of "WHITEY". Nothing shows discontent like the stealing of appliances and TV's and stereo equipment. That is sending the right message to,"THE MAN".

Defaming is not the same as hurting someones feelings.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6733|d
lowing, you better be in some army or something, which is out there killing Muslims. Cos i would hate to think you were all talk.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

mafia996630 wrote:

lowing, you better be in some army or something, which is out there killing Muslims. Cos i would hate to think you were all talk.
Already served my country. Although I never saw combat.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6733|d

lowing wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Never saw combat? really? how comes?
jonsimon
+224|6465
Some pussies running an opera stop showing the opera because they're afraid. And this is Islam's fault how? The opera should grow some balls.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ

jonsimon wrote:

Some pussies running an opera stop showing the opera because they're afraid. And this is Islam's fault how? The opera should grow some balls.
Well it kinda is their fault cause they will get pissed at anything that has to do with their god etc. That's plain stupid if you ask me... they need to grow up and stop acting like babies.
ƒ³
jonsimon
+224|6465

oug wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Well it kinda is their fault cause they will get pissed at anything that has to do with their god etc. That's plain stupid if you ask me... they need to grow up and stop acting like babies.
It's their fault they get a little peeved when someone disgraces them? Disrespects them? C'mon, man, that's their right. They didn't close the Opera show, the show did that.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ
Maybe not in this case but there's plenty of others. Like them drawings some time ago?

I mean ok... you're religious and all, you respect your god etc... but ffs can't they see the difference between disrespect and satyre? Don't these people have any sence of humor about their beliefs?  All other gods are being fucked with by artists and comedians etc... why can't theirs? Allah is no fun at all
ƒ³
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

mafia996630 wrote:

lowing wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Never saw combat? really? how comes?
Was an aircraft crew chief.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

jonsimon wrote:

Yeah, Islams well deserved reputation for violence has NOTHING to do with it.
T0rr3nt
+54|6547|Michigan
when are the muslims going to get a pair and take shit with a gain of salt?

srsly, im catholic, and if someone says something about it i can laugh it off or shrug it off. i dont strap bombs to myself and blow innocent people up or hold a mass protest, or have that person not wear their shoes in my holy church.. ya know what i mean.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

Pubic wrote:

Agreed.

If you don't like that we have freedom of speech, sucks for you.
ZeroGravitySE
+0|6414
I don't believe in a god, and I live my life fine. I think it all comes down to violence. Any means of using violence in the word of "faith." Is false in my eyes. In my eyes the planet is one race, the human race. So to think of one as better because of beliefs is false. All beliefs are equal because they all serve a purpose. That purpose is to answer the unknown questions. I live my life with knowing of these questions and yet, I don't question something that is way above my intelligence, answer me one person that knows the reason we are here and living. Without religion there is no reason other then science and science like religion has proved to have made mistakes. There is no flawless way to live is my point, but the only way to live is free, free to make any damn choice u want to make and live with either the outcome of it being bad or good. I don't believe violence solves anything but it seems like it is a necessary evil. Circle of life deal on that one. Predators kill to survive, but yet they can survive without killing, but there species almost enjoys it. So in violence there is pleasure. Religion and Society is a very dynamic thing to discuss because everyone, always, has a different view of the world.

Last edited by ZeroGravitySE (2006-09-27 21:27:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard