Colfax
PR Only
+70|6637|United States - Illinois

Spark wrote:

This thread has gone to the shitter. Anaemia, fuck off. If you "don't care about other opinions" then you are simply not capable of debate.

I'd like to invite everyone else to read that too. I simply cannot believe the idiocy started in this thread. Not talking about any paticular side here.

Seriously.

Either clean this up or close the thread so this inane stupidity does not spill over to the rest of the forum.
I could say the same things about some of the smut you tree huggers put on this forum.

Between 1939 and 1945 appprox 62 million people died as a direct result of WWII.  Were there mistakes made during that war?  Yes.  At the time seeing thousands dying that many people thought the war was for vain reasons.  But now we look back and would you honestly tell me it was?

Men and women join the service knowing there is a chance they might die.  If they dont know this then they are very ignorant. 

Have many lives been lost on this war on terror? Yes.  Have they been lost in vain? No.  Imagine a world with less terror.  A world where women can vote.  A world where a women can prosecute a man for raping her and not fear death.  I world where a child can go to school with worrying about getting suicide bombed.

Yes many have died.  I honor them and praise them every day for what they are doing for me.  You guys sit at yor computer desk and bitch and moan about how the war is stupid.  But what about the child that gets to touch keys on a keyboard for the first time and learn what internet is.  Because it is safe to do so.

I leave you with this quote:

"Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick.  It is your corrupt we claim.  It is your evil that will be sought by us.  With every breath, we shall hunt them down.  Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies.  Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles, which every man of every faith can embrace.  These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, in to true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it. And we will send you to whatever god you wish."

How far should this war on terror go?
"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution...... to go as far as is needed? "

Last edited by Colfax (2006-09-25 06:59:51)

.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6822

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

Quit talking out of your ass.  The world thinks they know what's best for America.  That's why whenever we try working together with them on things cough OilForFood cough we end up getting screwed.  That's why after the '04 elections they printed that famous how can 56,000,000 people be so DUMB? article.  Americans are constantly vilified across the globe as fascists and the "evil empire" and all this other bullshit.
America thinks it knows what's best for the world.

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

Nevermind the fact that Americans give more money in charitable donations that any other country in the world (and not just because we're the wealthiest).  I think we gave somewhere in the range of $1.2 BILLION when the tsunami hit...and that was just from everyday people here in the States.
Please remember that the US has a massive population, roughly 5 times bigger than any European country, hence it's possible for a country yours can donate more while at the same time be less generous. If you want to accurately compare stats like these you have to do it PER CAPITA.

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

We do the world's dirty work like trying to take care of terrorism and we get nothing but criticism for it.  Meanwhile, PLENTY of countries have been subject to terror attacks EXCEPT America since 9/11.  Did the world ever stop and think for a second that maybe America knows what the fuck we're doing?
If the war on terror had been successful, then there wouldn't be ANY terrorist attacks against anyone. Sounds like the war on terror has actually made life worse for everyone else. Thanks alot.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6822

Colfax wrote:

Spark wrote:

This thread has gone to the shitter. Anaemia, fuck off. If you "don't care about other opinions" then you are simply not capable of debate.

I'd like to invite everyone else to read that too. I simply cannot believe the idiocy started in this thread. Not talking about any paticular side here.

Seriously.

Either clean this up or close the thread so this inane stupidity does not spill over to the rest of the forum.
I could say the same things about some of the smut you tree huggers put on this forum.

Between 1939 and 1945 appprox 62 million people died as a direct result of WWII.  Were there mistakes made during that war?  Yes.  At the time seeing thousands dying that many people thought the war was for vain reasons.  But now we look back and would you honestly tell me it was?

Men and women join the service knowing there is a chance they might die.  If they dont know this then they are very ignorant. 

Have many lives been lost on this war on terror? Yes.  Have they been lost in vain? No.  Imagine a world with less terror.  A world where women can vote.  A world where a women can prosecute a man for raping her and not fear death.  I world where a child can go to school with worrying about getting suicide bombed.

Yes many have died.  I honor them and praise them every day for what they are doing for me.  You guys sit at yor computer desk and bitch and moan about how the war is stupid.  But what about the child that gets to touch keys on a keyboard for the first time and learn what internet is.  Because it is safe to do so.

I leave you with this quote:

"Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick.  It is your corrupt we claim.  It is your evil that will be sought by us.  With every breath, we shall hunt them down.  Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies.  Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles, which every man of every faith can embrace.  These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, in to true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it. And we will send you to whatever god you wish."

How far should this war on terror go?
"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution...... to go as far as is needed? "
Which is all good and well if the war on terror was stopping terrorism, which it isn't, it's causing it.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6637|United States - Illinois

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

If the war on terror had been successful, then there wouldn't be ANY terrorist attacks against anyone. Sounds like the war on terror has actually made life worse for everyone else. Thanks alot.
You do understand that terrorists hide in caves.  They hide behind civilians.  They don't wear  uniforms or fight for any country.  Given the task at hand and what we are fighting it takes time to weed out the bad ones here. 

You spit in the face of service men by making this comment. How do you know we aren't stopping terrorism.  Are in the CIA?

Last edited by Colfax (2006-09-25 07:20:05)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6541|USA bitches!

Spark wrote:

It's official.

The War on Terror has cost more American lives than the event that spawned it, 9/11.

Seriously, guys. You might have to re-think your strategy.

EDIT: For the stupid and ignorant: I mean MILITARY strategy. E.g. How many troops you have in each patrol.
This might've been said before, but go fuck yourself. You're writing this shit on a BF2 message board. You say, "Seriously, guys. You might have to re-think your strategy.", do you think that anyone here is capable of changing military tactics and targets abroad? Moron. Yes, ask kids and people who hold jobs outside of the government to change how the military is running it's campaign. You must be a genious....... not.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6594|132 and Bush

Comparing 1 day to 5 years is ridiculous. You have to understand that people like the OP sit and wait for each opportunity to be able to point there finger in the face of anyone who disagree with him no matter how weak their point is when you put some thought into it.

9/11 was 1 day. The war on terror has been 5 years. So far no attacks on the US since. I'd be willing to bet if you asked any American after 9/11 if we would be hit again in the next year they would have said yes. This is not to say there hasn't been mistakes made militarily though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

Miller wrote:

Spark wrote:

Miller wrote:

Ok, this makes more sense.  Guess what, Marines have plenty of tanks, and air power, and explosives, and there is no need for Search and destroy.  It's called patrolling.
I don't know. I was just running off random examples in my head.

Maybe we should spend more on intel?
We don't need to spend more, we need to let the CIA and FBI and all our intel providers do whatever they need to.  This includes Torture of POW's! They decided to behead our soldiers, and civilians. Why don't we just be a little nicer, by not killing the poor bastards! We just need our good old WWII psychology back.  They don't talk, we punch them, they decide to not talk again, use a baseball bat on his ribs, decides to not talk again? Give him what he wants and make him a martyr for God's sake.  We need to do everything in our power to deal with these people.
You just don't get it.  Our own government experts have said that the type of torture we are using is ineffective.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6774

whether u agree with war on terror or not, 5 years have passed and there have been no medium/large scale terrorist attacks in the US.  while you can't link one with the other, you certainly can't criticise the record of post 9/11 policy in keeping the US free of major attacks.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Spark wrote:

It's official.

The War on Terror has cost more American lives than the event that spawned it, 9/11.

EDIT: For the stupid and ignorant: I mean MILITARY strategy. E.g. How many troops you have in each patrol.
This might've been said before, but go fuck yourself. You're writing this shit on a BF2 message board. You say, "Seriously, guys. You might have to re-think your strategy.", do you think that anyone here is capable of changing military tactics and targets abroad? Moron. Yes, ask kids and people who hold jobs outside of the government to change how the military is running it's campaign. You must be a genious....... not.
Why the fuck do you post then?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
gga43ta234t2
+0|6423
dead sick of hearing those words "war on terror". suck shit to all the people who died in 9/11 and suck shit to all the stupid people american's affected by it now ... when's the war on the war on terror gonna start?
Stoman
+1|6417|UK deep south
You fucking little coward twat. People like you should fucking burn. When your house goes up in flames or someone robs you who do you ring? The same people who's memory you just took a shit on. You're fucking scum.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6678|Espoo, Finland

Stoman wrote:

You fucking little coward twat. People like you should fucking burn. When your house goes up in flames or someone robs you who do you ring? The same people who's memory you just took a shit on. You're fucking scum.
Mind quoting the person you direct your critisism to?
Stoman
+1|6417|UK deep south

Gawwad wrote:

Stoman wrote:

It was written above, bit of a give away
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6675|Canada
you know what is an easy job for the president of the US?
keeping his country free from attack

correct me if I'm wrong but how is it at all impressive that 1 administration hasn't been attacked for 5 years?

I would EXPECT protection from attack, lloolll  it's not like a priviledge.

considering the attacks on the US can be counted in a handful since 1900 it's HARDLY AN ARGUMENT.
To be praising Bush for not being attacked is to praise a dog for not pissing on your carpet.

Your dog should know better.

You have the basic right to be protected.  Don't get all bigoted and start saying only Bush or only conservatives are capable of keeping your country 'free of attack'.  Besides, 'Free of Attack' is subjective, especially while your borders are 'attacked' every day, your dollar is being 'attacked', your constitution was 'attacked'  and certain people are trying to dismantle it,   the military gets 'attacked' from it's own weapons, etc etc etc

do you see the flaw in that logic?   I would EXPECT a president to keep me safe.  It's hardly a feat of jumping burning hoop leaping.  Any idiot knows that's priority one.  I guess you'll settle for less than just any idiot for a president.
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6675|Canada
safety is a RIGHT not a priviledge.  5 years and no attacks is hardly an accomplishment.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6768
I dunno if anyone has said it but 3000 deaths in 5 years is really not that bad of a statistic...  if I recall correctly WWII was 420,000 deaths in 3 years? Just food for thought (or in this catagory debate).
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6748|United States of America

Spumantiii wrote:

safety is a RIGHT not a priviledge.  5 years and no attacks is hardly an accomplishment.
Why, because isreal is hit almost daily and we need to keep them from getting hit? Well, I would like to know what an accomplisment is to you.  I think it is good that no attacks in 5 years have occured.  How many major attacks have been foiled? By my count two, by the UK with the airliners, and the one staged for September 14. Keep telling me what an accomplishment is, I want to hear it.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6599|Stockholm, Sweden

SealXo wrote:

uhhhmmm. suck my cock liberal

Wanna know why?

I wonder wha would happen if we didnt go to the middle east. How many more terrorist attacks would have happened?

I don't even know what else to say, go move to canada
Attacking Iraq and Fucking around in Afghanistan is not really fighting the terrorists. Everybody knows that. The US are in the middle east for one reason. OIL, which equals money, which equals power! Which is exactly what Bush and Cheney and their companies/corporations want.

And to answer your question, probably less terror attacks would happen. Since the Arabs are fed up with the US coming in to their territory and meddling with their business. If the US would start minding their own business more (maybe start putting money in to welfare instead of Tanks and guns) and leave the middle east to itself, we wouldn't have half the problems we have today.

And don't give me nothing about keeping world peace. Cause thats not what you are doing right now. If you would do that. The first country you should consider invading is North Korea, but they don't have any oil... And maybe Saudi Arabia, but Bush and Cheney have far to many rich friends over there to do anything like that...

I know you guys wanna believe you are doing a good job, but right know. You're just making everything worse, a lot worse.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639

Spumantiii wrote:

Wow. Some people in this world just need to get a clue. All you do is bitch and grab on bits and straws to further your dumbass opinions.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6675|The Lou

Spark wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Spark wrote:

It's official.

Why the fuck do you post then?
good comeback?, not.
Oronisi
+4|6437

Spark wrote:

It's official.

Would if I could, but I'm not prestident today.  Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and be in a position of power.  If so, I'll be sure to come back here to these forums to look for advice
GATOR591957
+84|6620

PRiMACORD wrote:

SealXo wrote:

uhhhmmm. suck my cock liberal

Wanna know why?

I wonder wha would happen if we didnt go to the middle east. How many more terrorist attacks would have happened?

I dont even know what else to say, go move to canada
I guess our military might prevented the mass airplane bombings in london right? Nope, good police work and our friends in Pakistan helped foil that.

Going to Afghanistan to clean Al Qaeda out, good stuff and justified. Iraq = huge mess
QFE
GATOR591957
+84|6620

Miller wrote:

Spark wrote:

Miller wrote:

Ok, this makes more sense.  Guess what, Marines have plenty of tanks, and air power, and explosives, and there is no need for Search and destroy.  It's called patrolling.

We don't need to spend more, we need to let the CIA and FBI and all our intel providers do whatever they need to.  This includes Torture of POW's! They decided to behead our soldiers, and civilians. Why don't we just be a little nicer, by not killing the poor bastards! We just need our good old WWII psychology back.  They don't talk, we punch them, they decide to not talk again, use a baseball bat on his ribs, decides to not talk again? Give him what he wants and make him a martyr for God's sake.  We need to do everything in our power to deal with these people.
Miller, have you ever been in the Military?  Do you have, or could you have children that will be in the Military?  Why do you think most if not all ex-military are against torturing prisoners?  I'll put it in simple language for you, "Do onto others, as you would have them do onto you"
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6678|Espoo, Finland

Stoman wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Stoman wrote:

It was written above, bit of a give away
Doesn't seem to be on these forums.
You find people bashing the first post with out quoting.

You're message doesn't indicate in anyway who you directed it to.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6748|United States of America

GATOR591957 wrote:

Miller wrote:

Spark wrote:

Miller, have you ever been in the Military?  Do you have, or could you have children that will be in the Military?  Why do you think most if not all ex-military are against torturing prisoners?  I'll put it in simple language for you, "Do onto others, as you would have them do onto you"
Ok then, lets start cutting their heads off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard