JimmyBotswana
+82|6584|Montreal
No guys we can't go fight Al-Qaeda in Somalia because we have to stay the course in Iraq because Iraq was behind 9/11. No, wait.........................
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

North Africa is a wasteland.  It needs to be walled off from the rest of the world.
North Africa includes Algeria, Egypt, Sudan, Morocco, Libya, Western Sahara and Tunisia.  Somalia is in the eastern coast of Africa.

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Yes and I wonder who has been featured in the news lately is responsible for the precedent but not neccessarily the current, although you could swing it that way.
Clinton went there just to help them and he failed, at least he admitted.

Bubbalo wrote:

You know what I find funny about the people saying to just ignore it?

1)  The US is willing to go to war against a government in what is (supposedly) an effort to stop terrorism, yet they won't help a government who actually asks for help

2)  All of Africa's problems are due to the West.
1) QFT.

2) That is in part correct.  While some problems were born with Africa colonialism by countries like UK, France, Netherlands, Portugal, it is not the main cause of all these problems they are facing today.  I think the main problems there, speaking of Africa in global terms, are the extreme poverty (people starving, lack of education and dying coz of AIDS) and the different ethnic groups living together in small territories, and all wanting to take the control in their countries.

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Africa could be restored if the U.N. did what it was fucking created for.
Keep dreaming.

JimmyBotswana wrote:

No guys we can't go fight Al-Qaeda in Somalia because we have to stay the course in Iraq because Iraq was behind 9/11. No, wait.........................
If GWB is coherent with his speech he will invade Somalia.  If he doesn't then you have another proof that he went to Iraq only for oil.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6762|d
Because it difficult, lets give up.
Chou
+737|6789

Cougar wrote:

Maybe we should dump all of our prisoners off in Africa.  It worked pretty good for Australia.
Making new friends again?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

North Africa is a wasteland.  It needs to be walled off from the rest of the world.
North Africa includes Algeria, Egypt, Sudan, Morocco, Libya, Western Sahara and Tunisia.  Somalia is in the eastern coast of Africa.
I think you know what I mean by "North Africa."
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6653|United States of America
I am for kill Islamic fanatics everywhere. 

Black Hawk down was a Clinton created situation.  He refused to give are troops the armor they requested multiple time because it would give the appearance of an escalation.  Similar to they way Bush refused to put a more realistic number of troops in Iraq or allow them to conduct the war in a manner that would increase their safety or allow them to defeat the insurgency. 

Politicians should only be able to declare war, then the military should be allowed to conduct the war as they see fit.  There would be a lot less wars declared and they would last less time.  The US military is not a police force and not designed to fight against "the leader" of a regime.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

Major_Spittle wrote:

I am for kill Islamic fanatics everywhere. 

Black Hawk down was a Clinton created situation.  He refused to give are troops the armor they requested multiple time because it would give the appearance of an escalation.  Similar to they way Bush refused to put a more realistic number of troops in Iraq or allow them to conduct the war in a manner that would increase their safety or allow them to defeat the insurgency. 

Politicians should only be able to declare war, then the military should be allowed to conduct the war as they see fit.  There would be a lot less wars declared and they would last less time.  The US military is not a police force and not designed to fight against "the leader" of a regime.
It's true, Us troops were not well supplied in that conflict, and then they had to pull them back.  At least we got IMO the best war movie ever.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6684|Hell's prison

usmarine2005 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

there's the completely ignorant response i expected from you.
Have you ever been there?  I have.  A few times.  Cutting off babies heads, putting them in bags, then showing the bags full of kids heads to the mothers in the village is how they behave.  You can't repair that.  That is a lost civilization.

And fuck you for calling me ignorant.  All you know about it is from what you read in the news......that is ignorant.
Get em, USMARINE gets yet another +1 for me, you cant argue with someone that has served.  My supervisor was in the Mog. So yeah, dont believe everything the ladies on CNN or Fox drill into your head, even though all I can speak for is Iraq.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

usmarine2005 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Have you ever been there?  I have.  A few times.  Cutting off babies heads, putting them in bags, then showing the bags full of kids heads to the mothers in the village is how they behave.  You can't repair that.  That is a lost civilization.

And fuck you for calling me ignorant.  All you know about it is from what you read in the news......that is ignorant.
Perhaps you have been there however:

A) I've been to Africa as well, not Somalia, but I did not see any of this
B) Somalia is in East Africa...

Where in Africa did you go to?
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6730|Peoria, Illinois
Let the UN take care of it. They are the international community no? They can kill them all with deadline threats. It would be illegal for the US to do anything without their permission anyway right?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

Liberia, Somalia, Kenya, and Niger.

If you have ever seen the movies "Tears of the Sun" or whatever it was called, that will give you a pretty good idea of a lot of Africa.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-09-26 11:49:44)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Liberia, Somalia, Kenya, and Niger.

If you have ever seen the movies "Tears of the Sun" or whatever it was called, that will give you a pretty good idea of a lot of Africa.
The one with Bruce Willis?  I saw it, good movie.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

^^ I beleive that is the one.
Capt. Foley
+155|6586|Allentown, PA, USA
Yea it is marine. And your right, it is pretty much how it is. Ive had my uncle go over to help out and he got shot at and hit by a richoceh)cant spell) while he was handing out food. The country is fucked up. It isnt worth the money to build a wall, anyways how would they leave? They would sell there car, then there camel, and then there feet for a total of 5$.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6786|Barrie Ontario
Finish one war b4 u start another.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

But ain't the whole meaning of this war against terror to end with the al Qaeda organization?
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6786|Barrie Ontario
ok true that,finish one war on 1 continent b4 u start another war on another continent.

the whole time i almost said "..on another server"
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

sergeriver wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

But ain't the whole meaning of this war against terror to end with the al Qaeda organization?
that's never going to happen.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

B.Schuss wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

that's never going to happen.
I think there's a way.  Stop supporting Israel and leave them alone.  When Israel stops its reign of doom over the ME al Qaeda will stop.  I don't say wipe Israel, but force it to negotiate with its neighbors.  Al Qaeda is a terrorist organization, but Israel also is one.  Then let's leave the ME fix their problems alone.  The UN must has a purpose, if not then let's close the damn thing.
spray_and_pray
+52|6489|Perth. Western Australia

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

You know what I find funny about the people saying to just ignore it?

1)  The US is willing to go to war against a government in what is (supposedly) an effort to stop terrorism, yet they won't help a government who actually asks for help

NUMBER TWO REASON NOW, how the *@#&*(@ is it the wests fault, you've got to be kidding me man, I never expected THIS much out of you.

Yeah the US is willing to go to war, guess what the UN WON'T HELP A GOVERNMENT THAT ACTUALLY NEEDS HELP EITHER, wheres the criticisim for THEM HUH!!!! WHERE IS IT, so quick to just blame the U.S. and no one else.
Hah you can be smarter then that the US slave trade, British waging war there and trying to turn it into one of Britain's colonies. 2 ways to fuck up a country if anyone wants to add go for it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Bubbalo wrote:

No blame to the British and the French?  Interesting.
one_of_ten
+7|6654|Brussels, Belgium

usmarine2005 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

West includes Europe too.....
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

one_of_ten wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

West includes Europe too.....
That's news to me.
lt.pritchard
+4|6637|Napoleon, Ohio

usmarine2005 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

All true, we treated horrific injuries to civilians including brandings on chest/back aboard the USS Comfort.  Also heard first hand accounts from 8404 Corpsman in the field and flight surgeons about mutilation of children.

Tough to see that first hand and not have the mentality that the people that could do that should be cut off from the rest of the world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard