Poll

Would gameplay improve if claymores were removed?

Yes.22%22% - 61
No.62%62% - 168
Nerf them instead.15%15% - 41
Total: 270
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6694
just give up, dr. evil. There's nothing we can do to make the masses of BF2 prefer skill over comfort.

Helaas
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
[HhB]Jonny-JX
+5|6542|Dresden, Germany
What a spupid discussion?!?!?

If all non-snipers said, remove clays, all snipers said, remove at-mines and C4....

After removing those 3 things nades was called the crapiest sh*t and they should be removed. After that the tanks should be removed too.....complete stupid...

Those all parts of the game and you cant remove one, otherwise you unbalance the game more and more....

If someone want to plat without clays, run BF1942 + DC-Mod....

Or play CS:S and whore with AWP / M4 / AK.....
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6619|Florida
Personally I dont see what the big fucking deal is about claymores.  Maybe we should get rid of AT mines too, since in urban maps, its harder to see them when your driving.  I dont see why everyone complains so much about claymores.  "I died by a claymore that I couldnt see, remove it from the game!".  What about the guy that kills you with an AK that you didnt see?  Should he be removed from the game?  Tell me, why the fuck does everyone hate them?  "I got killed by a defibrillator, make it so they cant kill people!".  Stop your bitching..................
Dex Luther
+32|6479|Canukastan

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

Personally I dont see what the big fucking deal is about claymores.  Maybe we should get rid of AT mines too, since in urban maps, its harder to see them when your driving.  I dont see why everyone complains so much about claymores.  "I died by a claymore that I couldnt see, remove it from the game!".  What about the guy that kills you with an AK that you didnt see?  Should he be removed from the game?  Tell me, why the fuck does everyone hate them?  "I got killed by a defibrillator, make it so they cant kill people!".  Stop your bitching..................
The thing is; If you do see an AT Mine you can remove it if you're a engineer or call one over or something.

If you see a Claymore, you're screwed. You have to go back and go somewhere else until the person that put it down dies or a teammate is killed by it. Why is this a problem? Well 2-3 snipers have 2 each.  That's 6 clays that can be thrown pretty much anywhere. Completely blocking off whole areas of a map. That isn't strategy.

If you want to add strategy to clays then you HAVE to make them removable. That way the person put it down has to think about where he's putting it. Make sure it's not in an obvious place or seen or it'll get removed.

It can't be removable by explosives though because everyone would spam grenades even more and use "I was making sure there were no clays around" excuse.
Septimius2
+9|6510

Dex Luther wrote:

...Completely blocking off whole areas of a map. That isn't strategy....
um....  huh?
Dr_3V|L
+51|6766|Twente, The Netherlands

SargeV1.4 wrote:

just give up, dr. evil. There's nothing we can do to make the masses of BF2 prefer skill over comfort.

Helaas
I guess so.
ChinoUSMC1979
+3|6509|Florida
I love claymores... but claymores love me too.
Zefar
+116|6690|Sweden
Not really but it would be less anoying. At least they don't kill your team mates that punnish for it.
(ZI)42_15E
+1|6465
If you set team punish on and team tamage with claymores on this will act as a deterent against claymore whoring. ppl will be too woried about using loads of claymore becuse of the negative score they will get.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6534
I don't think they should remove them, just make it so they can be destroyed by grenades.
ZIGShot82
-MAJOR WITHOUT A DEAL-
+25|6474|E-ToWn BIAaaAtCh

chuuby wrote:

you people are so fucking dumb. take this out take that out. like that one guy said lets just take out all the weapons. you fucking pussies cant handle one thing about the game you think it should eb changed. i hate planes on maps. but do i think they should remove them no i just deal with it. claymors are part of the game if you dont like it stfu and go play somethng else. just like people who cry about people using the nade launcher. its part of the fucking game so why not use it. its people like you that have ruined this game not ea. if you fucking pussies didnt cry about everything then they wouldnt have to put out all these new patches to make you cry babies happy. nerfing shit.  why not just stfu and play.
GJ--*thumbs üp*
syntaxmax642
+32|6666|Seattle

CITYHUNT3R wrote:

Dude, tell me how to disarm them as an engineer! That sounds leet!
Seriously? Get behind it and wrench it up. Remember.. behind... do not walk in front of it.
Kyouteki
+27|6611

Septimius2 wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

...Completely blocking off whole areas of a map. That isn't strategy....
um....  huh?
You read my mind Septimus2...huh?  Does that guy even realize how retarded that sounded?  So i guess letting people run wild through any part of the map they want as opposed to funneling them into specific containment areas 'isn't' strategy...i pray he never coaches anything in his life, those poor kids wouldn't know what the fuck was going on.
syntaxmax642
+32|6666|Seattle

Dex Luther wrote:

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

The thing is; If you do see an AT Mine you can remove it if you're a engineer or call one over or something.

If you see a Claymore, you're screwed. You have to go back and go somewhere else until the person that put it down dies or a teammate is killed by it. Why is this a problem? Well 2-3 snipers have 2 each.  That's 6 clays that can be thrown pretty much anywhere. Completely blocking off whole areas of a map. That isn't strategy.

If you want to add strategy to clays then you HAVE to make them removable. That way the person put it down has to think about where he's putting it. Make sure it's not in an obvious place or seen or it'll get removed.

It can't be removable by explosives though because everyone would spam grenades even more and use "I was making sure there were no clays around" excuse.
They are removeable... Get an engineer to wrench it up for you. It didnt stop working. Also real strategy would be teamwork... So you have an assault guy that tosses a Flash in the door and takes the clay hit... Then gets revived and the rest of the squad moves in. Actual team play seems to elude this game no matter how easy EA makes it.
syntaxmax642
+32|6666|Seattle

Dex Luther wrote:

I have no problem with Clays. My problem is with the people that abuse them or are just too dumb to use them properly.

Even in servers with FF I've seen them as a problem. People putting them everywhere. Blocking their OWN TEAM'S access to flags. There are alot of people who don't care about TK's. I've even seen people going out of their way to get teamkills and just piss off their team. As many of you know, calling a kick vote doesn't help. Most people never vote (also explains the whole Bush situation).

The Clays should be removable by an engineer. Also there should be a delay to setting them, so you actually have to be sneaky. No more running around dropping them infront of people.

I'm not bitching about them. It's just an opinion to make them require more skill to use. That skill would be knowing how/where to place them so they're not seen instead of just dropping them pretty much anywhere and any which way.
They are removable and there is a delay. Why is it that everyone here thinks they arent removable? There is like a 2 to 3 sec delay on clays when tossed.  I have witnessed it myself when i was trying to toss one at someone to get them out of a corner. Also you actually have to move to trigger it. If cornered with one if you dont move it wont go off. I had a whole squad trapped with one one time at the Hotel Patio on Kark. They were typeing to each other dont move there is a clay in front of us. One of them moved... Good times....
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6780
Btw, there is nothing like flanking a squad, laying a claymore and watching 4-6 people go up in smoke

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard