Graphic
Real Horrorshow
+24|6495|Nevada
It would handle like a Hind.

If a hot, steaming bathtub full of piss could drive, it would handle like a BMP-3.

What shitty, shitty vehicles.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6530

wha? I FAIL to find the point in this....
Graphic
Real Horrorshow
+24|6495|Nevada
Did I miss something?

BF2:SF - Complaints

Complaint: Those two vehicles are shitty.  I repeat: "What shitty, shitty vehicles."
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado
The Hind is the shit in the right hands, a tank in the air.
The BMP-3 dies in 2 rpg shots but if your not to far up that machine gun is the same as the tanks, it owns.

Not so shitty...
Graphic
Real Horrorshow
+24|6495|Nevada
"The Hind is the shit in the right hands, a tank in the air."

You yourself imply (with "in the right hands") that it doesn't handle as well as the Longbow, so Longbow wins with equal pilots and maybe even with lesser pilots.

It does handle like ass though.  You hit W and you're suddenly in orbit but everything else about it is sluggish and bad.

The BMP sounds like and goes as fast as a riding lawnmower.  If you even touch uneven ground it'll rock back and forth so much you may as well get out use your gun to kill whoever you were aiming at.
Souljah
+42|6667
while if i solo pilot i would prefer the apache but in a heli fight i would rather be in the hind and fight an apache instead of being in a apache fighting a hind. the hind can elevate super fast which makes superior in heli fighting against the apache. but ill only fly the hind if i have to take down an apache or if i have a gunner. i dont try to solo like how i do with apache.

ill take the bmp over the lav for tank fights any day. it may be two shots to blow up the bmp over the 3 sometimes 4 shots to blow up a lav but the cannon on the bmp is worth it. if you come up behind a tank and shoot that right click missile with the lav and miss, youre as good as dead from the tank. the main cannon just tickles the life of the tanks even if you hit its weak spots. at least the bmp if you can get the 1st shot off and hit the tank in its weak spot, you can win. where as the lav you need to hit the tank in its weak spot with the right click missile just to have a "chance" at blowing up a tank.
comet241
+164|6765|Normal, IL
bmp is nothing special, but the hind rocks my world. it may handle like shit but once you get used to it, you begin to love that crappy smell that clings to your clothes like a bad fart
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
Apache is alot better,it's missles aren't spread out over a 10 metre gap and it looks cool.

Shame about the tv glitch with it.
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6522
If a fresh, hot, steaming coil of dog shit could fly...

It would be EA/DICE out of disguise!

Last edited by uk-anubis-uk (2006-08-24 16:12:58)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

Souljah wrote:

but in a heli fight i would rather be in the hind and fight an apache instead of being in a apache fighting a hind. the hind can elevate super fast which makes superior in heli fighting against the apache. but ill only fly the hind if i have to take down an apache or if i have a gunner.
Omg as if, The apaches missiles go where there aimed, so they actually hit when you fire. The handling and maneuverability allows you to dodge missiles and even fly circles around the hind. Maybe a face to face shoot out the hind May win. But the apache is so much more, use the handling to good effect, move around them, behind them, come up from under them. The apache is by the best chopper for flying in vanilla/SF (Ive heard the little bird is good, but don't have EF, AF). I can take out hinds soloing (not TV) with an apache when 2 experienced players are in the hind attacking me, just because its so damn slow and easy to hit with the apache rockets.
137twozerosniper
+57|6565|UK
yeah so get the USI mod
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
The Hind is insane.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  The thing circle strafes like a fucking tornado.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

ThomasMorgan wrote:

The Hind is insane.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  The thing circle strafes like a fucking tornado.
And the apache does it better.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center

DrunkFace wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Circle strafing?  It really doesn't.  Try it in the Apache and you'll lose altitude fast.  Try it in the Hind and you maintain height.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

The HIND is awesome, I used to think it sucks too, but it's really easy to strafe around a target in it.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Delphy
+45|6585|Bristol, UK
Nah I don't like the hind. Trying to kill armour with the rockets is a joke. And its fat and slow.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6806|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Graphic wrote:

If a hot, steaming bathtub full of piss could drive, it would handle like a BMP-3.

I am glad you think so.....just leave those vehicles for me.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
I need to play some more SF...
Graphic
Real Horrorshow
+24|6495|Nevada

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Graphic wrote:

I am glad you think so.....just leave those vehicles for me.
When an Apache inevitably shoots you down, I'll make sure to shoot your flaming Hind with my pistol so I get the kills
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Graphic wrote:

The Hind is a flying armored fortress which shouldn't be flown like the Apache or Super Cobra.
It's armor enables you to hover in the same spot longer, so your gunner can TV Missile any target.

The extra missiles the pilot has are a pure last resort of self-defense. And should not be used during a dive-flight like you would using the Apache.

The BMP3 is a different story. It's gravity point is in the center of the vehicle. thus making a real wobbly vehicle.

Learn to use it, or leave them alone. And stop whinning about stuff that is older than you.
batman1029
>_>
+8|6527|Essex, Ontario, Canada
I don't mind the Hind, me and my friend were doing good in it today...

(edit) I also don't think it handles like shit... he was doing pretty damn good

Last edited by batman1029 (2006-08-28 00:06:27)

SlickWRX
+6|6743
If you think the Hind flys like shit then you don't know how to fly it.  I have had played full rounds with it and finished the rounds with over 30 kills and 0 deaths.  Thats without a gunner.

I really don't understand why people have such a hardon for the Apache.  Its okay but its not that much better.  It all comes down to the pilot.  Give me either one and I can kick some ass.
teeW
+4|6503|central illinois

DrunkFace wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

So so so so so so so wrong. The Hind is beyond comparison when it comes to circle strafing. I used to be on the apache boat myself, but I put a lot of time into using the Hind and now I prefer it by a longshot. You learn to love the gap of the missiles, at least I have.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard