rizbiz
+3|6458
32/64 Player INFANTRY ONLY Strike at Karkand GUIDE

You might’ve seen ShadowFox make a guide on iron gator since he plays the map a lot. Well, my favorite map happens to be Strike at Karkand, so we are the exact opposites of each other, although we are in the same clan. I thought I would make a guide on Strike at Karkand for all of those that suck at infantry and all they do is tank whore. I think that doesn’t show any skill whatsoever so here’s my take on Strike at Karkand. (Please dont make post about how stupid this is, some people have no idea how to get Strike at Karkand on you advantage)

-=KITS=-

<<//MEC\\>>

Sniper – Sniper may not be the kit you want to start playing in Strike at Karkand because in the beginning of the map, there isn’t much place to go except the mountains on the east side of the map; that is very disadvantageous because you are on the lower side of the mountain and not too many places to hide, yet many elite can get a whole lot of kills. If USMC captures the hotel point, sniper is the way to go, it is a kill-a-palooza, get one of your friends to go medic (and be squad leader) and both climb the square house. Medic shouldn’t kill too much so he doesn’t die and can revive/heal you. Good idea to be commander or have one of your friends command to drop a supply box.
Special Ops  - Well, not a very good choice for infantry only unless you have the G36C unlock, which happens to be very accurate, nothing really to blow up. But if you like the kit and very good with it, go ahead and do whatever you like, put C4’s on the entrances and wait…
Assault – Pretty much same strategy as Spec Ops, assault was mainly created for close combat, and Strike at Karkand mostly focuses on far away sniper combat. Only points to be good with assault, would definitely be Attack of Market and Defense of Suburb. Also, the grenade launchers; I absolutely hate people who noobtube in Strike at Karkand, but its VERY effective against masses of infantry and if you are exposed in close combat with low health.
Engineer and Anti-tank – Absolutely unnecessary in infantry combat at Strike at Karkand since both are related to tanks and tanks are not in existence in Strike at Karkand. One thing I’ve noticed about Anti-tank is that a lot of people are really good at guiding Eryx’es at people, that’s pretty effective.
Medic – This is definitely the way to go, especially if you have the G36E, or the L85 or whatever its called. Both are very accurate although the non-unlocks are pretty useful too. Part of medic strategy is in the sniper section, you get lots of points quickly. Even a quicker way to gain points is when your team sucks a lot and you lose the whole first island. That’s where the medics come in, revive, heal and all that other good stuff. Good way to earn your basic and veteran first aid badges and even rank up if you only started battlefield 2.
Support – Pretty nice strategy to be support and “Max Payne” (jump and go prone in air) everybody. Also, very good idea to earn your basic and veteran resupply badges. The non-unlock weapon is very good and accurate on the MEC side, so you don’t really have to struggle to get some kills if you only have that choice.

<<//USMC\\>> Just for differences between MEC and USMC kits

Sniper – Unlike the MEC side, good starter since you can easily pick off enemies if you go east or west, doesn’t really matter. One of the very rewarding strategies that I use is go east mountains and go around the hotel to reach square and do the same strategy as in MEC. Most of the people wont even notice you until you have a fair amount of kills. Remember to drop lots of claymores down there. The best part comes in when your team has hotel, and most MEC’s start spawning at hotel.
Spec Ops – Different for USMC because you are trying to attack, not defend, so the C4 is useless in the beginning, yet if you are good with the weapon, go for it.

<[]>COMMANDER<[]>

No reason to stay in one place if you decide to command, just keep walking and attacking and all that. Best kit to command with is sniper since you most likely stay the the back front of your team and not get killed so much.

-=STRATEGIES=-

<<//MEC\\>>

You know you have a had team when you lose the east island pretty quickly, the east island, most of the time, is the turning point of the game; you lose it, you lose the game unless you can get it back. You might want to keep suburb too, since after suburb, its all downhill for train accident and the east island, you get ambushed right away.

<<//USMC\\>>

Not too much to say here, do the opposite as in MEC, get the east island or suburb as soon as possible, hotel shouldn’t be your first point of attack since everyone is going to spawn there. When you have other points, half or 1/3 of the MEC team is going to try to get it back and you will be in an advantage to get hotel.

(!) MY TAKE ON STRIKE AT KARKAND (!)

I like to be USMC on Strike at Karkand just because its attack, I find defense to be very boring and less kills since everyone defends one place. Infantry only is the fair way to play the game and get your (my opinion) hard expert badges instead of picking sniper and getting into a tank. That’s not sniping, it is tank whoring. I figured that out after my first badges. The only kit you should be concerned with in tanking is engineer, but ill let somebody else to talk about tanking and whoring and all that crap.
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6594|laguna beach, ca
uh thanks.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6727
Why would you make a very opinionated guide for the number one played map in BF2? We all know how to play this map...well. This guide just exposed that all you care about is stats. Please go take your "guide" and shove it up ur a$$.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6783|Mark it zero.

rizbiz wrote:

Strike at Karkand mostly focuses on far away sniper combat.
uhh im pretty sure there is tons of up close combat at karkand. last time i played assault on karkand it was pretty damn useful. assault weapons are good at close, medium and long range.
Longbow
+163|6681|Odessa, Ukraine
One more stupid guide from the player with 0.88 IKDR .
How can you write guides accourding to assault\engineer and so on , if you have only 16 kills with GL or KDR with shootie less then 1 ?
pot_o_gold
+4|6472
dude when i am snipes as mec at beginin i can take out maybe 6 guys np ther sitting ducks just running right at you this guide is good but u have a very limited point of view what works for you might not work for others i am also just posting cuz i wana see ma sig hahah
greenhaven
+47|6500
My abbreviated guide to Strike at Karkand:

USMC- Spam nades at hotel.
MEC- Spam claymores at hotel.

Both sides should also have at least 20 medics to revive people, so they can spam more clays/nades. Also, MEC should get one or two support guys so the snipers can spam more clays.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6565

greenhaven wrote:

Both sides should also have at least 20 medics to revive people, so they can spam more clays/nades. Also, MEC should get one or two support guys so the snipers can spam more clays.
Exellent guide. You get a +1.
Herbnosis
+4|6479

ShadowFoX wrote:

greenhaven wrote:

Exellent guide. You get a +1.
Agreed.  I would +1 if I had enough posts.
Ssandstorm
+73|6769|Perth, Western Australia
my guide to strike at karkard inf only- go support and spam nades everywhere
zedxer
+8|6619

rizbiz wrote:

Y The only kit you should be concerned with in tanking is engineer, but ill let somebody else to talk about tanking and whoring and all that crap.
Ok I will give a strat guide for cheesecake whoring.

Yer getcha ya shitty shithead transporter and ram it up the right side on mec. Get to yer US base and start throwing cheesecake mines all over the shit. Get back in the shitty van thing and drive in circles there running shitheads over. Leave since your out of cheesecakes and go run more shitheads over.

If you on US side get in the transport shitloader again and run it up the right side. Get back der and throw cheesecakes all over the place.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited by zedxer (2006-09-25 19:54:45)

rizbiz
+3|6458

zedxer wrote:

rizbiz wrote:

Y The only kit you should be concerned with in tanking is engineer, but ill let somebody else to talk about tanking and whoring and all that crap.

Yer getcha ya shitty shithead transporter and ram it up the right side on mec. Get to yer US base and start throwing cheesecake mines all over the shit. Get back in the shitty van thing and drive in circles there running shitheads over. Leave since your out of cheesecakes and go run more shitheads over.

If you on US side get in the transport shitloader again and run it up the right side. Get back der and throw cheesecakes all over the place.

Hope this helps you.
wtf is a cheescake and wtf is a transport shitloader
zedxer
+8|6619

rizbiz wrote:

zedxer wrote:

rizbiz wrote:

Hope this helps you.
wtf is a cheescake and wtf is a transport shitloader
Yer round cheesecake is in your pocket and the shitloader is that thing shitheads get into shooting their guns in the air and shit. Basically your shitloader will transport you and the cheesecakes to another shitty location.

Last edited by zedxer (2006-09-25 20:17:00)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6740|Antarctica
My Strike At Karkand Infantry Only guide:  Press '4' and mass spam nades.  The end.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

My Strike At Karkand Infantry Only guide:  Press '4' and mass spam nades.  The end.
Not bad Beat me to it by a little. Let me elaborate:

1) Choose Support Kit
2) Spawn at Hotel (or USMC Spawn Point closest to Hotel)
3) Press 4
4) Jump, Throw 'Nade
5) Jump, Throw 'Nade
6) Jump, Throw 'Nade
7) Jump, Throw 'Nade
8) Throw Ammo Pack
9) Jump, Prone onto Ammo Pack
10) Repeat steps 4-9.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6707|Australia

polarbearz wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

1) Choose Support Kit
3) Press 4
4) Jump, Throw 'Nade
5) Jump, Throw 'Nade
6) Jump, Throw 'Nade
7) Jump, Throw 'Nade
8) Throw Ammo Pack
10) Repeat steps 4-9.
Bwhahahaha
petropete
+13|6441|Texas
Pretty good guide. Thanks
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6596|Cheshire, UK

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

1) Choose Support Kit
3) Press 4
4) Jump, Throw 'Nade
5) Jump, Throw 'Nade
6) Jump, Throw 'Nade
7) Jump, Throw 'Nade
8) Throw Ammo Pack
10) Repeat steps 4-9.
Bwhahahaha
I couldn't agree more.... IO = Nade spamming
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6561|Singapore

polarbearz wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

1) Choose Support Kit
3) Press 4
4) Jump, Throw 'Nade
5) Jump, Throw 'Nade
6) Jump, Throw 'Nade
7) Jump, Throw 'Nade
8) Throw Ammo Pack
10) Repeat steps 4-9.
this should be featured
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6564|Belgium
/thread
Disabl3d
+11|6439|Chicago

Longbow wrote:

One more stupid guide from the player with 0.88 IKDR .
How can you write guides accourding to assault\engineer and so on , if you have only 16 kills with GL or KDR with shootie less then 1 ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard