Poll

Do you think legalizing marijuana is a good idea?

Yes, but don't like the idea12%12% - 37
Yes, and I like the idea58%58% - 172
No, i hate the idea23%23% - 69
No, but i liker the idea5%5% - 15
Total: 293
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

It would be a good thing just because getting in trouble for smoking marijuana is a joke.  Marijuana is actually good for you and other than short term memory loss has 0 side effects. . .except maybe weight gain and laziness.  The researchers here at the University of Texas did some major studies and proved marijuana doesn't increase your risk of getting cancer and is actually pretty good for you.

If it ever does become legalized the government will tax the bejeesus out of it and we could prolly pay off the national debt with the proceeds.  Same thing with gambling too but w/e.
There's not much wrong with it. It just makes you lazy as fuck, just don't smoke it too much and you'll still get plenty of stuff done. Weed causes fewer health and social problems than alcohol, so why is it illegal? Social stigma is the only explaination.
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6667

Bertster7 wrote:

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

It would be a good thing just because getting in trouble for smoking marijuana is a joke.  Marijuana is actually good for you and other than short term memory loss has 0 side effects. . .except maybe weight gain and laziness.  The researchers here at the University of Texas did some major studies and proved marijuana doesn't increase your risk of getting cancer and is actually pretty good for you.

If it ever does become legalized the government will tax the bejeesus out of it and we could prolly pay off the national debt with the proceeds.  Same thing with gambling too but w/e.
There's not much wrong with it. It just makes you lazy as fuck, just don't smoke it too much and you'll still get plenty of stuff done. Weed causes fewer health and social problems than alcohol, so why is it illegal? Social stigma is the only explaination.
Exactly.  I love how people can be raging alcoholics and still get jobs, yet if you smoke up a bit you're probably screwed.

You never hear about people doing things like beating their wives, killing busloads of children, or anything like that because they were high.  You DO hear those things when someone was drunk as hell.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6711|NJ
I do have to say remember those old 70/80's anti drug ads? "Just an other dead baby, due to marijuana use".. Oh those where great.. But in a personal I'm not a drug user, but use to when I was younger, it needs to be legalized. I do not see any reason at all why it's not, it's an other win for the religious groups keeping it illegal..
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6682|United States
12 reasons to legalize:

1.  Legalizing drugs would make our streets and homes safer.
2.  It would put an end to prison overcrowding.
3.  Drug legalization would free up police resources to fight crimes against people and property.
4.  It would unclog the court system.
5.  It would reduce official corruption.
6.  Legalization would save tax money.
7.  It would cripple organized crime.
8.  Legal drugs would be safer. Legalization is a consumer protection issue.
9.  Legalization would help stem the spread of AIDS and other diseases.
10. Legalization would halt the erosion of other personal liberties.
11. It would stabilize foreign countries and make them safer to live in and travel to.
12. Legalization would repair U.S. relations with other countries and curtail anti-American sentiment around the world.

See the source for more info on each of the reasons.
Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6657|Puerto Rico

Stealth42o wrote:

Will never happen... period, end of discussion.
at least here in Puerto Rico, local senate are debating the issue right now...  and there's a good possibility that it will be legal next year
Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6657|Puerto Rico

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

12 reasons to legalize:

1.  Legalizing drugs would make our streets and homes safer.
2.  It would put an end to prison overcrowding.
3.  Drug legalization would free up police resources to fight crimes against people and property.
4.  It would unclog the court system.
5.  It would reduce official corruption.
6.  Legalization would save tax money.
7.  It would cripple organized crime.
8.  Legal drugs would be safer. Legalization is a consumer protection issue.
9.  Legalization would help stem the spread of AIDS and other diseases.
10. Legalization would halt the erosion of other personal liberties.
11. It would stabilize foreign countries and make them safer to live in and travel to.
12. Legalization would repair U.S. relations with other countries and curtail anti-American sentiment around the world.

See the source for more info on each of the reasons.
u r totally right!    +1 karma for ya
PRiMACORD
+190|6640|Home of the Escalade Herds
Used to do it a bit up in Canada. I don't see why it's illegal at all, it's less harmful then drinking imo.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6700|United States of America
Lesser of two evils. It's hard enough keeping drunks off the road and then we're gonna have stoners too. Even though I bet some people are already doing that.
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6456|Canada
Well, I don't do drugs, but I do believe that legalizing marjuana would be a good idea because its not very harmful and if people want to waste their lives on drugs we should let them, also the will be a lot less illegal drug pushing going on!
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6682|United States

DesertFox423 wrote:

Lesser of two evils. It's hard enough keeping drunks off the road and then we're gonna have stoners too. Even though I bet some people are already doing that.
And when was the last time you heard of someone being killed by a stoned driver?
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6711|NJ
Well he's just saying it could happen even though it hasn't, It could. But then again you leaving your house today You might kill someone so don't leave the house..
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6576
I totally agree with legalizing. However, we need to make the punishment for driving on anything much stiffer. I would even agree to capital punishment for killing someone while under the influence.
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6682|United States

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well he's just saying it could happen even though it hasn't, It could. But then again you leaving your house today You might kill someone so don't leave the house..
I don't think that argument flies.  In comparison with alcohol, marijuana does not have the same adverse impact on vision, motor skills, reflexes, or any of the other faculties required to drive a car.  That's not to say it's a good idea to drive under the influence of marijuana, it's just to say that this particular argument is flawed.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6695|Denver, CO
I say we legalize heroin ...

Benefits:
1.  All the morrons will OD on it the first day...

why bother with the small shit... start big.. make a difference
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6488|Kakanien
i used to smoke 10 waterpipes per day for 5 years. believe or not, i got big mental and physical(!) problems. so, i would say no!
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6576|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
legalization is wrong... then the government has control... DECRIMINALIZATION is the tickets otherwise well be stuck payin taxes to smoke some bunk government controlled weed

Shantibaba (Scott Blakey) FTW
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6655|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
im gonna give that one a big HELL YES
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA
I vote yes but hate the idea........Because I do not believe the Govt. should tell someone what they can and can't do when it poses no threat to anyone elses pursuit to life liberity and happiness.

HOWEVER.........I do recognize the fact that as a society we are severly lacking in moral judgement and have a problem accepting responsibility for our actions. SO of course it will be abused. It should carry stiff penalites for abuse same as DWI ans such.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

Marijewana is bad, m'kay.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

SuperSlowYo wrote:

legalization is wrong... then the government has control... DECRIMINALIZATION is the tickets otherwise well be stuck payin taxes to smoke some bunk government controlled weed

Shantibaba (Scott Blakey) FTW
What's wrong with that? Wouldn't you rather money from buying weed went to the government and got spent on things that benefit the country, rather than going to drug dealers?
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6687

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

Will never happen... period, end of discussion.
at least here in Puerto Rico, local senate are debating the issue right now...  and there's a good possibility that it will be legal next year
Hey don't get me wrong, I think pot (only) should be legal.  I smoked for ten years (Sober for the last 5).

With that said.

They will NEVER legalize it.  Tobacco and alchool lobbyist will never let it happen.  It cuts into there end (Or so they think).

Remember it's all big business, all about the money.  People stand to lose more then gain, therefore, it will never e legal.  Ever.

Yea I said it, NEVER.  Sorry, just keep growing it in your basement (Or where I live, pretty much everywhere).
skizzz
+22|6824|Moore, Oklahoma
I can see it now "Yeah can I get a pack of Marlboro Green's"
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6567
I used to smoke it, but now I dont. I wouldnt want to do it again but im more than happy for people to have a blast with it. If it would have the same restrictions as Alchol then Id be fine with it.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

skizzz wrote:

I can see it now "Yeah can I get a pack of Marlboro Green's"
Aren't those menthols?
jonsimon
+224|6511
Marijuana is illegal because the plant is too cheap and multipurposed as a crop for producing goods. Big industry lobbies would shut down any attempt to legalize simply to create barriers to competition. Marijuana should be legalized, there are no reasons not to, but it never will be.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard