midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6521|here
I'm mostly a sniper, and I'll take the M24 over every other rifle.  It's just an amazing rifle, IMO.

Otherwise, I prefer the G36 series for whatever class it is, I don't play engy or AT, and that pretty much covers it.

Oh.  I prefer the F2000 or AK101 for assault.  No me gusta G3.  It's...meh.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6521|Belgium

masterofflama wrote:

M24>svd
SVD > M24 > any other sniper
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
G3 is a really good weapon,infact,if i could have any weapon with a 200 magazine,it'd be the snipers,followed by the G3.

Belt fed G3,shit yeah.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6637|Ohio

jord wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

No really? Pretty much every type of weapon can be beaten by one of the standard weapons. M4, M24, F2000 or AK101, RPK74, M11-87, AK101, PP19.
PP19 over the DAO12?
If your more than 20 feet away. And I had to put something in or my point would die.
jord

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

jord wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

No really? Pretty much every type of weapon can be beaten by one of the standard weapons. M4, M24, F2000 or AK101, RPK74, M11-87, AK101, PP19.
PP19 over the DAO12?
If your more than 20 feet away. And I had to put something in or my point would die.
I just noticed,why did you put the F2000 in there?
Sone
i piss excellence
+22|6516|Houston (Spring), TX
Eh, the L96A1 hits like a freight train... but I don't snipe all that much.  I just like M95'ing chopper whores.
Sone
i piss excellence
+22|6516|Houston (Spring), TX
Now, this topic is true in regards to the U.S. Engineer's pump shotty... it rocks my socks off.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6637|Ohio

jord wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

jord wrote:

PP19 over the DAO12?
SAS. Its beats the G3.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6638
The G3 truly does suck. You get a little more power but the thing only has 20 rounds in a clip and is less accurate than the other assault rifles....and no GL.
jord

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

jord wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

SAS. Its beats the G3.
It's personal preferance,but i'l agree with you.

It has the GL and more bullets,AND a scope.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6686|Vancouver BC Canada

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

The G3 truly does suck. You get a little more power but the thing only has 20 rounds in a clip and is less accurate than the other assault rifles....and no GL.
Last wek i would have agreed pollux, but the G3 truly packs a punch in close. I acually prefer the thrown nades anyhow.

I still love the F2000

Last edited by the_outsider38 (2006-09-25 12:33:09)

M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6723|Peoria, Illinois
The only unlock that's truly an upgrade is the G36c. All others are merely an alternative for a change in either accuracy/range, RPMs, or damage.

The PKM is an alternative for higher damage, but the Saw fires more RPMs and the RPK is more accurate.

The G36e is more accurate than the AK but the AK has full auto and deals more damage.

So really, the environment you are playing in definitely halps decide which weapon to use. On Mashtuur I'm definitely using the G36e because most targets are long range. On Jalalabad I'm going to use the AK because most targets are close range.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6515|Little blue planet, milky way
Well..... Everyone has their favy weapon.... This includes me... But I'm pretty sure the original poster wasn't try to get everyones opinion n their favy weapon, but rather start a serious discussion about the fact that getting the unlocks is no longer "something to play for".

And to some extent I have to agree. It's getting WAY too easy to get all of your unlocks... I worked my ASS off to get my first two unlocks. The third one was a MOTHER to get the points for and all of a sudden I had almost all of the unlocks with the next patch.... BEFORE that time, I was using my unlocks like there was no tomorrow. They were RARE, they were GOOD, and yes, they WERE better than the default weapons, DEPENDING ON THEIR PURPOSE !
Tier 2 unlocks were VERY rare to see in the beginning, but that changed too. In the beginning I felt like a GOD running around on the battlefield with my G36E... I was almost ALWAYS the only one to have it. It was GOOD. Only downside was that sometimes people would TK me just to try it out.

And I can understand the NEED to nerf the unlocks, now that everyone has them. I mean, it would be EXTREMELY unfair to the noobs if we ALL had weapons that were more powerfull, more acurate and more deadly than them. This would make it VERY tough for someone to start playing the game. If the "rarety" of the unloicks had been maintained, then it would have been easier to accept that they were indeed better.

But yeah.. the nerfing of so many of the guns, and the increase of accuracy on so many others have made almost all of the guns identical. The stock guns ARE good enough for their intended use, and oftentimes you WILL see people use them because they suit their specific needs better than the unlocks. Examples:

M24 - Lower deviation and bullet drop than M95 (yes, in fact, not EVERYONE has the L96)
SVD/Type88 - Faster reload than the M95, good for close range sniping
SAW/RPK - Fater rate of fire, and more ammo than the PKM.
M16A2 - Nade launcher + burst fire mode !
AK101 - Nade launcher + full auto !
M16/AK47 - Extrememly powerful single shot mode ! (very fun when doing an entire clip in 2 sec !)
MP5/PP19/other SMGs - it's THAT or a shottie. You may need the range of the SMG on some maps.

So I'd say, depending on the situation, you WILL find yourself using a stock gun, even IF you have the unlock. EXACTLY because in many situations they are just as ood or better then the unlocks.

And yes... I also think that it's WRONG that the unlocks dont have more power than they currently do !
ECH
+50|6635|Some where near you

Twist wrote:

Well..... Everyone has their favy weapon.... This includes me... But I'm pretty sure the original poster wasn't try to get everyones opinion n their favy weapon, but rather start a serious discussion about the fact that getting the unlocks is no longer "something to play for".

And to some extent I have to agree. It's getting WAY too easy to get all of your unlocks... I worked my ASS off to get my first two unlocks. The third one was a MOTHER to get the points for and all of a sudden I had almost all of the unlocks with the next patch.... BEFORE that time, I was using my unlocks like there was no tomorrow. They were RARE, they were GOOD, and yes, they WERE better than the default weapons, DEPENDING ON THEIR PURPOSE !
Tier 2 unlocks were VERY rare to see in the beginning, but that changed too. In the beginning I felt like a GOD running around on the battlefield with my G36E... I was almost ALWAYS the only one to have it. It was GOOD. Only downside was that sometimes people would TK me just to try it out.

And I can understand the NEED to nerf the unlocks, now that everyone has them. I mean, it would be EXTREMELY unfair to the noobs if we ALL had weapons that were more powerfull, more acurate and more deadly than them. This would make it VERY tough for someone to start playing the game. If the "rarety" of the unloicks had been maintained, then it would have been easier to accept that they were indeed better.

But yeah.. the nerfing of so many of the guns, and the increase of accuracy on so many others have made almost all of the guns identical. The stock guns ARE good enough for their intended use, and oftentimes you WILL see people use them because they suit their specific needs better than the unlocks. Examples:

M24 - Lower deviation and bullet drop than M95 (yes, in fact, not EVERYONE has the L96)
SVD/Type88 - Faster reload than the M95, good for close range sniping
SAW/RPK - Fater rate of fire, and more ammo than the PKM.
M16A2 - Nade launcher + burst fire mode !
AK101 - Nade launcher + full auto !
M16/AK47 - Extrememly powerful single shot mode ! (very fun when doing an entire clip in 2 sec !)
MP5/PP19/other SMGs - it's THAT or a shottie. You may need the range of the SMG on some maps.

So I'd say, depending on the situation, you WILL find yourself using a stock gun, even IF you have the unlock. EXACTLY because in many situations they are just as ood or better then the unlocks.

And yes... I also think that it's WRONG that the unlocks dont have more power than they currently do !
Agreed!
I would accept the fact that the unlocks were a bit more accurate in single shot mode.  That doesn't mean that 1 bullet would take you down.  The G3 for example is a prime candidate for an accuracy update. At least it would be equal to a Ak101

Last edited by ECH (2006-09-25 12:45:51)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

I could live with the Ak101 in every class.  That gun just p00ns something hardcore.
ECH
hmm that's interesting.  It would be nice to pick the rifle you want (again).  Sometimes new ideas don't equal better ideas (the use of kits).  We should go back to ole 1942 rules of engagement!
greenhaven
+47|6458
In some cases, yes. I hate the l85 and G3, but the G36E and F2000 are great. The only thing that I don't like about the F2000 is the scope, which sucks. It should be larger on screen, or a red-dot/iron sight.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514
type 85 ftw!
Fearmesnipers
+41|6437|Wales
To most of the top infantry gamers its known that Unlocks are nothing compared to default.

Ak101, Ak47, M16 - All have great accuracy and great power.

Support is arguable. With the RPK probably being the best with the PKM being better than the SAW.

Anti tank and engineer just depends if you like shotgun or Sub machine gun.

Sniper well, the M24 is probably the best , perhaps L9 is close

Spec ops, the G36C is pretty good but the M4 is probably a tad better.

Support is the same as medic basically with the F2000 being useless. While the G3 is really powerful its low clip and no noob tube make it not too handy.

I think unlocks are just more about fun than actually being better.

If they made the unlocks better it would put new players at a disadvantage ; )
senor_fulff
+25|6752|Yorkshire, UK.
At the end of the day ALL standard weapons have at least one flaw. In general the unlocks address that flaw but also have there own different flaw. eg... M16A2 is accurate but is weak and has no full auto, whereas G3 is powerful and has full auto but has limited ammo and is less accurate.

It all comes down to a question of balance. All weapons are flawed is some way and whoever can minimize those flaws and use the strengths of each weapon to his/her advantage does well.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6437|Wales
Dude wtf the M16 is hell powerful..

Nd the ak101 is pretty much an allround good weapon i think.

accurate
powerful
big clip
auto
senor_fulff
+25|6752|Yorkshire, UK.

Fearmesnipers wrote:

accurate
powerful
big clip
auto
check on wiki M16 is weakest AR.

AK-101 is good but loses accuracy at distance after a couple of shots.
I'm not arguing which weapons are best just that all have weaknesses AND strengths.
ECH
interstingly enough I think that they should increase accuracy on all unlocks to at least .05
Fearmesnipers
+41|6437|Wales

senor_fulff wrote:

Fearmesnipers wrote:

accurate
powerful
big clip
auto
check on wiki M16 is weakest AR.

AK-101 is good but loses accuracy at distance after a couple of shots.
I'm not arguing which weapons are best just that all have weaknesses AND strengths.
wap it onto single shot and ur sorted. ; )
Viller-Valle
Svensk Tiger
+15|6420|Sweden
G3 would have been better if the mag was at 30 bullets instead of 20. I always run out of bullets. And the accruacy is not the best either...rather go with the G36C. Better accuracy in that rifle than in L85A1...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard