Tas3674
+8|6453|Tasmania, Australia
in 2142 we could have say 3 teams instead of 2 in 1 round? now i know there would probably be tonnes of problems that this would create, that u will end up pointing out to me and then most likely flame me, i haven't really thought about it that hard just came to me and i wondered what u guys would think? you would probably need a new game mode other wise u would have a team who's, say titan got blown up and have no were to spawn. But i reckon it would be awesome to have 3 titans together. any way plz tell me your opinions.

Sorry if my grammar is dodgy, I'm tired and cant be bothered checking it.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6662
nah..that would be wierd
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6543

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
all im guna say
Tas3674

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

nah..that would be wierd
Saw that coming :-)

Last edited by Tas3674 (2006-09-23 07:24:14)

Tas3674

farmerfez wrote:

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
all im guna say
Hmmm good point, you would probably still only have to have a max of 64 players and maybe run it on lower grathics.

Last edited by Tas3674 (2006-09-23 07:24:57)

hamsterpride
+0|6439
there will be too much lag, and probably would need about 500MB more to support that feature
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6712|U.S
500mb more what
Tas3674
I'm guessing Ram
kn0ckahh
+98|6751|netherlands, sweet lake city
lol   and if one team has no flags left  .... then that will suck arse   have to w8 for the other teams to kill each other
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6455|Stealth City, UK
Im pretty sure that if there's 64 players or less then there's going to be no problem with lag! Its going to be the same as a normal round in BF2 just with three teams! As long as theres no more than 64 overall then lags not a problem, duh!
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6788|EUR
3 teams = more weapons, more skins, more vehichles, more sounds
Tas3674

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Im pretty sure that if there's 64 players or less then there's going to be no problem with lag! Its going to be the same as a normal round in BF2 just with three teams! As long as theres no more than 64 overall then lags not a problem, duh!
yeah that the theory. through if u had 3 titans that might make it lag a bit more.

kn0ckahh wrote:

lol   and if one team has no flags left  .... then that will suck arse   have to w8 for the other teams to kill each other
Yeah i thought about that its post in the original post. you would need a new game mode or something, some way to make it that 1 team wouldn't have to wait until the next round to begin.
Maybe if 1 team get wiped out a 5 min timer starts and whoever has the most tickets or the least amount of damage to there titan wins?
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6455|Stealth City, UK

MuseSeeker wrote:

3 teams = more weapons, more skins, more vehichles, more sounds
Thats hardly going to create enough lag to be noticeable, but I suppose EA and DICE would find a way!
Tas3674
Any 1 else?
APortillo
+21|6526|California, USA
that would be cool, you could form alliances, betray each other, and if one team is super powerful the two weaker ones could pool their resources together against it.

Last edited by APortillo (2006-09-23 19:59:13)

Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6670|Australia
What would the 3rd team be? Im guessing the African Union. The map design would have to be freaking awesome to pull something like that off convincingly. And i dont think it would lag if say each team only had 20 players each
MECtallica
+73|6517|jalalabad
3 teams is too much, one team wouldnt have enough players. and also it'd turn into a cap flag/silo fest
Tas3674

APortillo wrote:

that would be cool, you could form alliances, betray each other, and if one team is super powerful the two weaker ones could pool their resources together against it.
yeah that would be cool if you formed alliances, like you have vote if you want to form an alliance, or the commander got to chose and offer a alliance. Also maybe if 1 team got wiped out they got split into half and put on each team, trying to keep squad together, and when the next round begins that team goes back with its original members.

Though all this info you probably would need expansion pack, not just a Patch.

The story of the new team could be rebels of both teams who teamed up to fight for land... Or maybe they represent the common people not just the high up people.

I'm trying to think of a cool name for and expansion pack that contains this.

Great ideas guys keep it coming.

Also if you Karma me ill try to Karma you back (if i have any left)
Tas3674
Any more opinions, ideas?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

It would be pointless. What would there be to stop you killing your other team allies? If you get teamkill or whatever, dosn't that just mean that there are two team again?

Definatly would not work. Ever.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6493|Purdue

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

What would the 3rd team be? Im guessing the African Union. The map design would have to be freaking awesome to pull something like that off convincingly. And i dont think it would lag if say each team only had 20 players each
What ever happened to the USA
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6711

Ty wrote:

It would be pointless. What would there be to stop you killing your other team allies? If you get teamkill or whatever, dosn't that just mean that there are two team again?

Definatly would not work. Ever.
No, it's all three for themselves
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

The only things remotely American in BF2142 is the tutorial voice, (you know the annoying guy's voice in BF2, "walk up to the ladder to climb", he's replaced by a very American sounding lady in 2142.) Also there's a random Titan Tutorial video which has an American accented narrator.

PspRpg, it still would't work. It'd be chaos, and it woldn't make sence. When in history have three armies all fighting for different causes met on the same battlefield? Never. It's because it dosn't work. An army would be insane to commit itself to a battle like this. They would, if anything, wait until two sides duked it out and then attack the victor while his resourses were down. There is no sence attacking two other armeis on the same battlefield.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6711

Ty wrote:

The only things remotely American in BF2142 is the tutorial voice, (you know the annoying guy's voice in BF2, "walk up to the ladder to climb", he's replaced by a very American sounding lady in 2142.) Also there's a random Titan Tutorial video which has an American accented narrator.
Isn't there an option to disable all that?
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6670|Australia

Goven wrote:

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

What ever happened to the USA
The African Union fits in more comfortably with the story line of the game considering half the maps are scenarios based in the North Africa region - i think some are in the Middle East as well. And besides, the PAC EU and if featured AU all belong on the continent - to believe the USA could stretch supply lines across the earth in the whole ice age scenario is a little farfetched.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard