Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6767|UK
Man I read this post and FUCK I went to change my sound settings to hardware high I have SB Audigy 2 ZS HOLY SHIT now this is playing when i'm in the jet I hear the jet i'm trying to tail this is v.helpful as my settings are on low so I don't have the 2 white vapour trails behind the enemy to follow. AWESOME.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
The speaker currently hooked up to this are pieces of shit so I won't change sound settings until this is moved downstairs so I can hook it up to the better keyboard, mouse, speakers, and monitor.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6755|d

Nemesis-SBS- wrote:

stupid question i know, but by turning the sound levels to hardware high, doesnt that affect ur FPS?..i was told to switch it to low , but that was before the patch.  any comments or is my assumption wrong?

thx in advance
i dont see how sound sound effect your fps, wait fps is frames per second right?
Pacman_80
+0|6715
basically if you're usiing on board sound it will usually use your cpu to process the sounds whereas a dedicated sound card will process the sounds onboard reliveing the cpu of the task. from what i've experienced since moving from ac97 to x-fi i've gained like 25fps making the game a lot slicker.

Last edited by Pacman_80 (2005-12-07 11:25:38)

US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6805|englewood FL.

theDude5B wrote:

was playing BF2 yesterday as i do on a daily basis, but this time i was messing aroung with my settings. Noticed that the sound setting were set to low, so i decided to set them to high.

WOW!

joined into a game and was amazed at the difference!

i was just thinking that the sound would be of a better quality, and maybe a bit more surround. but the whole thing has changed!!

your team mates are saying different things to your, the commander/UAV voice is saying different things, i can now hear the bullets wizzing past my head, i can hear team mates shouting "Granade!" in the distance.

Just when i was thinking that maybe i could get bored of the game, something like this happens and now i am wanting to play it even more!!
wow...thnx man, i love bf agian. lol CS:S was suken me in until this!
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6785|Canberra, Australia

Maj.Do wrote:

high settings with nice card and nice subwoofer makes art. sound awesome
I use headphones with a Microphone for VoIP otherwise I use Dolby Digital 5.1

Now thats an Arty Strike

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard