Lawk
+2|6795
I was playing on Warlord with a great SAS squad(finally).  We had made ourselves in charge of capping flags.  No one else would.  While excecuting some really awesome teamwork, and making our way towards the TV Station Plaza, the Insurgent Hideout is neutralized.  We flip a bitch and head towards the hideout.  Having just captured it, we are just out of its proximity.  Approaching the alley west of the flag(the one where you can see the stairs leading up to the flag).  My squad member, CorkYrawlins, slings a flashbang grenade perfectly up onto the balcony.  Thankfully my squad of five sees this and holds back behind the wall.

After the bang, we begin to shuffle down the alley.  Not a second after we begin, one MEC goes running off the balcony and slams into the wall where he is shot down by thespec-ops guy in my squad.  Then, another comes right at us and is sliding against the wall while running.  I MG36 him up.  I look up and to the left because there is a guy on the balcony his lemming teammate jumped from and hes firing in random directions while hopping back and forth.  My shotgun homie ends him in mid-hop. 

I lead us up the stairs to the flag, but we are stopped short by PKM fire.  The MEC support gets two of my squadmates before I get him and eventually re-capture the flag.

I guess the moral is:  If you're blind, don't go for a run.

Next time I am in that position again i'll just throw a grenade in there and kill all of them before they make fools of themselves.
Home
Section.80
+447|6869|Seattle, Washington, USA

Hehe, I love watching people who just got flashbanged.
shspunkrockr
+0|6774
good stuff
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6762|In your head
lmao, same here funny as hell!
chickenmuncher
+2|6772| U.S.A.
I like it when the are driving an atv that is smoking the you get blinded.....then once our vision comes back the atv in blown up from hitting a wall and it says "player is no more."
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6784

Rofl, I know that's what I do but I've never seen anyone else do it...

I feel like a fool now

So, if we shouldn't run and jump with random fire like gunwhoring idiots, what should we do?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6859

Coolbeano wrote:

Rofl, I know that's what I do but I've never seen anyone else do it...

I feel like a fool now

So, if we shouldn't run and jump with random fire like gunwhoring idiots, what should we do?
Usually this only happens to me when I am support, so I just open fire the direction I was pointed already and hopefully mow down the grenade thrower.  If not, I just resolve to practice using the flashbangs a little better and a little more often.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6755|Singapore
Wow where is the realism? i get flashed inside a tank/apc
Zeibach
110% NOOBTUBE
+11|6745|Germany
Last time there was an bullshit on a server. I try to start with a jet and even the same asshole blends me with a f**king flashbang. What an idiot!
Coolbeano
+378|6784

Ayumiz wrote:

I don't know about you, but if I was driving a tank in real life, I'd want to look out the driver port.

I don't want any accidents with a few tons of cold iron.
KillerAFET
+3|6802|Abilene, Texas
Try it one better - use gas along with the flashbang.  You can sneak up and slap them to death before they can react!!!
FLaXCarnage
+1|6808|Florida

KillerAFET wrote:

Try it one better - use gas along with the flashbang.  You can sneak up and slap them to death before they can react!!!
Lol blind dizzy getting slapped repeatedly that would suck.
Coolbeano
+378|6784

I guess the best thing to do if you're assault and getblinded is to chuck a flash of your own. Chances are the enemy in hiding is dashing out. Even if they're not facing the nade they'll still be deafened.
thinner44
+1|6831
Sunglasses people !!!! j/k . I just wait to see what happens. I don't die everytime one goes off and I've not been in many games where they use them...now the gas smokers cough or what
Lawk
+2|6795
I think the best thing to do is to go prone.  Chances are no one has seen you yet, becuase they are trying not to see the flash themselves.  If your buddies are running around or firing and giving away their position, you have a much better chance of survival.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6764|Reality

Ayumiz wrote:

What he said
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6737
Last time I got flashbanged was on the carrier map... went prone and blindly opened up with my trusty F2000 at all the shapes coming through the door.... 3 team kills and a team death later I was apologizing profusely.

P.S. no, I did not punish... but they did
Kingswat
+0|6776
I had 2 guys call me a hacker the other day, i was prone in one of the guard house type structures capturing a flag and i was facing the door that was closest to me.

in comes a flashbang and i am blind

i counted to 3 then started firing some 3 round bursts out the door without moving and heard 2 different screams from guys.  when the blindness wore off the 2 bodies were sitting there.

so as soon as these guys had died they started calling me a hacker and and wouldn't stop even when the admin told them to shut up.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6796|Noizyland

I've been flashbanged twice, (on Sharqui Peninsular,) and managed to keep it together long enough to ensure that I recovered and shot the offender. I just remembered where I was and made movements to move behind a wall. It's not like you can't see anything when you're blinded, but firing in random directions is not clever.
Just funny to the flashbang-er.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6737
yes... i have found flashbangs to be oh-so effective against herlicopters....get it close enough and bam!

also, if you can time it right, flashbangs can be almost like flares on night maps, because if you are able to be a certain distance/direction, all it does is make the level look just like day for about 5 seconds... it takes longer to plan than it lasts, though...
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6814

Ayumiz wrote:

Wow where is the realism?  I died and respawned 15 seconds later, with full kit and ammo.
Lawk
+2|6795

aardfrith wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

Wow where is the realism?  I died and respawned 15 seconds later, with full kit and ammo.
Indeed.  This is arcade play, not simulation.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6741|The Netherlands
When i get flashbanged, i just prone and chuck granades in the general direction of the enemy, if there s no teammates in front of me. I got a couple of kills doing that and its better then doing nothing and getting killed if u ask me

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-16 08:56:51)

the_ubernoob_
+8|6765
My response to flashbangs are to turn around and face the other way so I don't get blinded in the first place

Last edited by the_ubernoob_ (2005-12-16 09:30:05)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6790|Human Meat Shield
The best thing I've found out about flashbangs is walk-backwards-zig-zag (or for some people bunny-hop), to me it seems to wear off more quickly walking backwards and it takes about 3 seconds for the actual person/squad who threw it to meet up with you because they don't want to be blinded also. I have thrown a couple and blinded myself running towards the enemy, funny when both of you are side-by-side staring at a wall.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard