dshak
+4|6822
Yeah,

I don't know how to spell it, but I think I'm close and was too lazy to look it up. I came across a server last night and in its rules it said, explicitly "mild language will be tolerated but DO NOT TAKE THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN."

I didn;t get kicked, I rarely curse, this isn't a complaint (notice its in the chatter section), and its their server so their rules... but anyone else think its kind of funny that this is one of their primary concerns... in a game where you run around KILLING people!?

those guys have their commandments prioritized I tell you what...

Last edited by dshak (2005-12-07 14:23:11)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6754|Houston, TX
Boy I'd have a hayday in there.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6856|San Francisco

It's blasphemy (in case you need to use it later ) and I do find it rather ironic. My personal favorite was when I joined this clan server and they had a "No Profanity! Our kids play here!" rule, yet the name of their clan was something to the effect of -AKA- 'Ass Kickers Anonymous.' I joined and was like... "So, I am not allowed to say your clan name because it contains profanity?!"

...tF-voodoochild was kicked from the server.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6780|Atlanta, GA USA
LOL voodoo
Jodah3
+1|6748
I stumbled across a clan server the other day, I think it was "Christian Gamers Clan" or something along those lines.  Not to be offensive to anyone, but religion makes me cringe, so it was time to unload my resources and move along.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6795

tF-voodoochild wrote:

It's blasphemy (in case you need to use it later ) and I do find it rather ironic. My personal favorite was when I joined this clan server and they had a "No Profanity! Our kids play here!" rule, yet the name of their clan was something to the effect of -AKA- 'Ass Kickers Anonymous.' I joined and was like... "So, I am not allowed to say your clan name because it contains profanity?!"

...tF-voodoochild was kicked from the server.
sounds like my runin with an admin where i couldn't say medical terms... MEDICAL TERMS! argh
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6795

Jodah3 wrote:

I stumbled across a clan server the other day, I think it was "Christian Gamers Clan" or something along those lines.  Not to be offensive to anyone, but religion makes me cringe, so it was time to unload my resources and move along.
I think i saw that server too!!! I went in pretending i was a satan worshiper and saying they'd all be my slaves in 'the new world'.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Say "Fuck Jesus," it's not saying the lords name in vain, yet it is blaspheming.
Alternatily, train yourself to type 'Jebus." It's not saying the lord's name in vain, but people still get the idea.
I love testing the limits of admins to stupid rules.

And well done beeng, it's always funny to do that stuff. I was stopped by a guy in the street asking "Do you want to go to Heaven?"
I hemmed and hawed for a bit before deciding to say that, "I wasn't really religeous and didn't believe in that stuff."
He shot back at me with, "Well it's there, believe it or not, and do you want to go to Heaven or Hell?'
I hemmed and hawed a bit more before saying, "It depends on the socio-economic values of each place. Hell is probably better as heating and electricity bills are virtually non-existant."
He started getting pissed off and started saying "I'm trying to save you from eternal damnation! An eternity of pain and trying to introduce you to an eternity of bliss! Please take this seriously!"
I calmed down a bit and said "Okay, okay. In all seriousness and in reply to your initial question, No, I do not want to go to Heaven as I'd have to deal with people like you on a daily basis."

He gave up after that.

If I ever saw one of those servers, sure I'd join. I'd have a blast destroying these religous types, especially those who believe "Thou shalt not kill computer generated soldiers."
The Angel of Death has arrived!

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-12-07 16:04:27)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6772|Austin TX
i got kicked the other day for saying "funny".  yah, funny.  kicked by admin decision for unnacceptable language"FU"

out of control.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

No fucking way! I HATE THOSE DAMN THINGS ASAASDFAKJDSHASNLYLAMCYG!!!!!!!!!SMD:ACJ H:LWIJ: ASA#RT  #
[Blinking eyes thing]
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6795

Tyferra wrote:

And well done beeng, it's always funny to do that stuff. I was stopped by a guy in the street asking "Do you want to go to Heaven?"
I hemmed and hawed for a bit before deciding to say that, "I wasn't really religeous and didn't believe in that stuff."
He shot back at me with, "Well it's there, believe it or not, and do you want to go to Heaven or Hell?'
I hemmed and hawed a bit more before saying, "It depends on the socio-economic values of each place. Hell is probably better as heating and electricity bills are virtually non-existant."
He started getting pissed off and started saying "I'm trying to save you from eternal damnation! An eternity of pain and trying to introduce you to an eternity of bliss! Please take this seriously!"
I calmed down a bit and said "Okay, okay. In all seriousness and in reply to your initial question, No, I do not want to go to Heaven as I'd have to deal with people like you on a daily basis."
We don't have many of those really really REALLY religious people up here... and those that are pretty much keep to themselves.  I don't get many opportunities to be creative with them :p
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6795

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I didn't read this thread but you spelled blasphemy wrong.
already mentioned; and if you bothered to read even -the first post- you would have known that the creator of this thread knew they didn't know how to spell it.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6795

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

beeng wrote:

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I didn't read this thread but you spelled blasphemy wrong.
already mentioned; and if you bothered to read even -the first post- you would have known that the creator of this thread knew they didn't know how to spell it.
CARING FACTOR METER 0%<_|_______________>100%
... right.. so anyways
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

beeng wrote:

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

beeng wrote:

CARING FACTOR METER 0%<_|_______________>100%
... right.. so anyways
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Hitler yet...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

What does it mean by "Mild Language will be tolerated"?
What is mild language?

I remember seeing a TV show that had one of those discalimers on it. The speakover said,
"This show contains language, and may offend some people."
I bloody hope the damn show contains language!
I'm not really one for mime.
[Blinking eyes thing]
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6795

Tyferra wrote:

What does it mean by "Mild Language will be tolerated"?
What is mild language?

I remember seeing a TV show that had one of those discalimers on it. The speakover said,
sounds like george carlin O_o
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

Tyferra wrote:

Mime is language too.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
who the heck is the hot chick in the picture? 

and most server admins are pathetic.... eventually the server admins will piss everyone off and nobody will play in their server... then they will have to play with themselves... which im sure they all do... lol
                               CB
Love is the answer
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Mime is language too.
Yeah. So is sitting around blinking at one another, but you get my point.

beeng, Who is George Carlin?

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-12-07 20:53:14)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

who the heck is the hot chick in the picture?

...most server admins... ...play with themselves...
(a prize to anyone who can guess the actual reason I find Catbox's post funny)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

I hope you mean it. I want a prize.
There is double meaning in the words "Play with yourself" it means,

A) Play the game with no-one else, shooting thin air and driving veichles in cirles, and
B) Masturbating.

Do I get a prize?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

Tyferra wrote:

Do I get a prize?
Nope. Wrong.
oberst_enzian
+234|6751|melb.au
no no - he means, the guys wants to know who the chick is so he can get more pics and whack off, while accusing others of whacking off! I want a prize too!! Give us both a prize!!!!

how about some pics of hot chicks?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard