Poll

What team is going to win the new racially-divided Survivor?

Asian - just because6%6% - 7
Black - just because4%4% - 5
Latino - just because3%3% - 4
White - just because25%25% - 26
Asian - because of something about the race/culture13%13% - 14
Black - because of something about the race/culture13%13% - 14
Latino - because of something about the race/culture2%2% - 3
White - because of something about the race/culture29%29% - 30
Total: 103
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6715
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6806
White people have the best average of smarts and athleticism.  It's been proven.  So, they win.  Simple as that.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6683|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

White people have the best average of smarts and athleticism.  It's been proven.  So, they win.  Simple as that.
Source?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6715
A study done by a team of scientists.  They used white scientists, becuase they're smarter.
tiptopT
+72|6736|Scotland's Capital

Bubbalo wrote:

tiptopT wrote:

So you calling me an animal now?
Well, you aren't exactly a person are you.  Same as blacks, and Jews.  You ought be counted under fauna, like the old days.
haha +1 to you sir! Just watch out when you fall asleep matey....
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6798|United States - Illinois
Yeah and the white people suck so far....

Then one guy was bitching about exerting effort to make a raised platform bed to sleep under....

Which would make sense with all the rain they will get there.   Guess he is too stupid to realize that. 

Asians will win if they play it right.  They have the ace up their sleev.

P.S.i'm white by the way.
lt.pritchard
+4|6792|Napoleon, Ohio
Wow Im very suprised how many racist people play bf2 with all the servers that kick for saying racist things I thought everyone was pretty smart and opened minded. Guess I was wrong.
lt.pritchard
+4|6792|Napoleon, Ohio

RedTwizzler wrote:

If history has told us anything, whites are the chosen people.
Chosen People? Whites just picked up the pieces of the Roman empire left behind after their army beat the crap out of them and made it their own culture. The very concept of race that makes you think that you have some magical birthright comes from a slave mentally passed down from Roman occupation of Europe. It happened here in the US by American Blacks i.e. straightening of hair, appreciating lighter skin and shunning dark skin. Ex-Slave wants what the master has.Everyone gets their time to take power over the masses, God has to give us enough rope to hang ourselves and by these posts I see the knot isn't tied yet.
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6806

Bubbalo wrote:

A study done by a team of scientists.  They used white scientists, becuase they're smarter.
No, I said the best average. . .I didn't say they were smarter.  Nice job twisting words tho commie.
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6806

lt.pritchard wrote:

Wow Im very suprised how many racist people play bf2 with all the servers that kick for saying racist things I thought everyone was pretty smart and opened minded. Guess I was wrong.
No, not a lot of racist people, but a lot of gullible people kind of like you who take this nonsense seriously.  The whole reason CBS and the Survivor producers split the teams up by racial lines is to piss people off and get them bitching at each other.  Everyday Americans are bombarded with reasons why they are different from each other or SHOULD be different from each other from ads, politicians, etc.  We celebrtate our differences a helluva lot more than we celebrate what we have in common.  CBS is playing off of that and it's going to work with flying colors.
lt.pritchard
+4|6792|Napoleon, Ohio

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

lt.pritchard wrote:

Wow Im very surprised how many racist people play bf2 with all the servers that kick for saying racist things I thought everyone was pretty smart and opened minded. Guess I was wrong.
No, not a lot of racist people, but a lot of gullible people kind of like you who take this nonsense seriously.  The whole reason CBS and the Survivor producers split the teams up by racial lines is to piss people off and get them bitching at each other.  Everyday Americans are bombarded with reasons why they are different from each other or SHOULD be different from each other from ads, politicians, etc.  We celebrtate our differences a helluva lot more than we celebrate what we have in common.  CBS is playing off of that and it's going to work with flying colors.
Not sure how pointing out race insensitive posts makes me gullible...Kinda skewed logic there..but the point i was trying to make is racism infiltrates every aspect of our lives even the games we play which sucks for the black kid that just wanted to read posts on how to snipe better only to run across the "whites are chosen people" post. But i guess your right people should just turn a blind eye and take it as a joke. And btw this IS a thread for Debate and SERIOUS talk lol.

Last edited by lt.pritchard (2006-09-22 06:40:35)

The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6655|Los Angeles

Bubbalo wrote:

On Japan.
You said "Name one nation outside Europe which had a global imperialist/colonialist bent." Japan qualifies as such.

Whether the Meiji Restoration happened as a direct result of the Black Ships doesn't change the fact that Japan is a nation outside Europe which had a global imperialist/colonist bent.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6893|Toronto | Canada

Colfax wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

I'd keep my eyes on those crafty Asians.
Asians are gonna win period

********************SPOILER******************SPOILER*********************************SPOILER*********************SPOILER****************************SPOILER******************************SPOILER*****************************

**********DON"T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED IT YET***************

Since Yul found the immunity idol on exile island with only 2 clues

Billy is nuts...Glad he is gone
That clue was way, way too easy.  I had it figured out where it was after the first clue.
Last season didnt the guy find it within like three or four clues too?  They need to make those clues much harder
By the way, doesnt exile island look pretty boring and plain compared to the last one
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6798|United States - Illinois
Last season the guy (terry) found it first time he was there but he had a bunch of clues.  This guy had 2.  Exile lumber does seem alot more empty.
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6806

lt.pritchard wrote:

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

lt.pritchard wrote:

Wow Im very surprised how many racist people play bf2 with all the servers that kick for saying racist things I thought everyone was pretty smart and opened minded. Guess I was wrong.
Not sure how pointing out race insensitive posts makes me gullible...Kinda skewed logic there..but the point i was trying to make is racism infiltrates every aspect of our lives even the games we play which sucks for the black kid that just wanted to read posts on how to snipe better only to run across the "whites are chosen people" post. But i guess your right people should just turn a blind eye and take it as a joke. And btw this IS a thread for Debate and SERIOUS talk lol.
Because obviously there are going to be posts that seem racist in a thread about an obviously racist show.  Also, the show is a joke so many of the posts here are going to be made in a joking manner.

Boo hoo for the poor black kid that reads about whites being the chosen people.  I'm sure he'll be scarred for life by that one comment since it is SO obviously true and affects HIS individual life SO much. /sarcasm

Also don't be "loling" in this forum then since it is so serious and all.
lt.pritchard
+4|6792|Napoleon, Ohio

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

lt.pritchard wrote:

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

Because obviously there are going to be posts that seem racist in a thread about an obviously racist show.  Also, the show is a joke so many of the posts here are going to be made in a joking manner.

Boo hoo for the poor black kid that reads about whites being the chosen people.  I'm sure he'll be scarred for life by that one comment since it is SO obviously true and affects HIS individual life SO much. /sarcasm

I will let this go since you are getting quite hostile about someone speaking out about racist posts. I will just report and hope the bbs admin will be less of a dick then you are.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6929|WC
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6806

lt.pritchard wrote:

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

lt.pritchard wrote:

I will let this go since you are getting quite hostile about someone speaking out about racist posts. I will just report and hope the bbs admin will be less of a dick then you are.
Damn.  I'm shakin' in my shoes now tough guy.  I didn't make the racists remarks so I don't really see myself getting punished before they do.  I'm quite hostile about people that try and make stuff out to be worse than it is just to get a reaction or to act holier than thou.
BVC
+325|6850
Null vote, I think the Antarcticans will win!

Out of curiosity, whats the nationality of all the different teams?  Is it largely USA?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6926|PNW

Bubbalo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1. On the contrary, decadence is a recurring issue here and, since this was brought up, is not taken lightly by the concept of the mandate of heaven.
Examples?
Available from the library.

Bubbalo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

2. What would a celestial mandate/mandate of heaven have to do with protecting a failed leader? A "god-appointed" ruler wouldn't very impressive if significant expeditionary materiel is expended, lost or captured. There's alot of history involving "god-rulers" being overthrown, and not just Asian. On a related note, around 300 BC a certain concept was introduced into celestial mandate, stating that if such is not fulfilled and a ruler acts irresponsibly, then loyalty to him should be abandoned and forced removal is justified.
Uh, no, that wasn't introduced in 300BC.  That was the whole point of the Celestial Mandate:  A ruler was appointed by god (well, not exactly god, but sort of), but if anything went wrong then clearly god didn't want him anymore.  For example, the fact that the Mongolians took over means that clearly they were supposed to.
Yes, while the mandate itself is much older than 300BC, I am fairly certain that this individual "clause," if you will, was introduced by a philosopher around (not in) the specified time, but whose name honestly eludes me at this point. And to let you know, in case your only source is Wikipedia, its article on "Mandate of Heaven" is woefully thin.

Bubbalo wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Name one nation outside Europe which had a global imperialist/colonialist bent.
Japan.
Only after they were forced into it by the US.
What the heck? You passed up the opportunity to criticize the Japanese for wanting to be like the Europeans?

But also on that note, allow me to edge in a couple of items just for shits and giggles:
  • Egypt
  • Punic Empire

Also from Wikipedia:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image … ritory.png

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-23 11:36:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard