Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6471|Belgium

Ikarti wrote:

DocZ wrote:

oooooh too bad.... now go find some one who cares....

Seriously, war takes casualties, and mankind needs wars....  Yes, I am a warmonger, woe the world if I ever rise to power...
Yeah you and the Belgian army. Great track record there.
Dont dis teh belgian army
Teh flanders are good the french walloons suck
Rosse_modest
+76|6772|Antwerp, Flanders

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

DocZ wrote:

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

Hmmm, but you cared enough to post a reply.

Mind explaining exactly why mankind "needs" wars?  I'm curious.
war is progress, scientifically, biologically, survival of the fittest... Wa causes an economy boom, thins out the population (earth is getting severely overpopulated).
Example: Without WW2 we would probably not yet have jet and rocket propulsion technology...  Every truly GREAT technology is born out of a weapon, without the German V bombs, US wouldn't be able to reverse engineer them and create NASA... Without the german invention of a "jet-engine", we wouldn't be able to create jet airplanes, without the A-bomb, we wouldn't have nuclear power to create the electricity we oh so need...
Without the cold war, we wouldn't have GPS satellites...

It comes down to:

peace = stagnation
war = progress

Basically:
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition n° 35: War is good for business

A world without war would be boring, believe me...
If the world is so overpopulated, why don't you help out by starting with removing yourself from the gene pool.
Overpopulation can't be solved by taking on this problem on an individual scale.
As to war relieving overpopulation stress, yes it does result in a reduction of human beings but then again part of the problem of overpopulation is the stress this causes on the environment. War in itself also draws some energy from the environment however.

He is partly right in saying war is progress however, although completely wrong in saying that peace is stagnation. War does provide a boom in many ways, it is under stress that we maximize our performance, when we really need to. There are upsides and downsides to anything, including war. Anyone saying otherwise is blind to the truth. Advances can also be made during peacetime, but not as fast.

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2006-09-22 12:53:14)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6679|Canada
do you agree with military testing weapons and biological agents on unknowing/unwilling servicemen?  Or putting troops at risk to see the effects?
Rosse_modest

Retalliation[1337] wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

DocZ wrote:

oooooh too bad.... now go find some one who cares....

Seriously, war takes casualties, and mankind needs wars....  Yes, I am a warmonger, woe the world if I ever rise to power...
Yeah you and the Belgian army. Great track record there.
Dont dis teh belgian army
Teh flanders are good the french walloons suck
We don't even have an army it's a lightly armed humanitarian aid force that isn't doing too much aiding so YES it sucks.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6670|Canada Eh?

SuperSlowYo wrote:

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

Mind explaining exactly why mankind "needs" wars?  I'm curious.
war makes good tv?
If it wasn't for war, my Full Metal Jacket DVD would be non-existant
Rosse_modest

Spumantiii wrote:

do you agree with military testing weapons and biological agents on unknowing/unwilling servicemen?  Or putting troops at risk to see the effects?
No.
Such tests do not necessarily have anything to do with war, but rather with insanity.
DocZ
+13|6684|Belgium
troops know the risks when they join the army....  Don't join armed forces if you don't accept the risk of getting whacked...  As for me, I would prosper if the battlefield of a modern war was on my front doorstep...  Much must be risked in war...  My situation is, I have already accepted the fact that I will someday cease to be, where, how, why and when, I cannot choose...  But I can decide how to face that moment...  And I have faced it before, more than once, I have stood on death's doorstep, I know what a bullet feels like when it sears your flesh...
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6732|Salt Lake City

Rosse_modest wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

DocZ wrote:

war is progress, scientifically, biologically, survival of the fittest... Wa causes an economy boom, thins out the population (earth is getting severely overpopulated).
Example: Without WW2 we would probably not yet have jet and rocket propulsion technology...  Every truly GREAT technology is born out of a weapon, without the German V bombs, US wouldn't be able to reverse engineer them and create NASA... Without the german invention of a "jet-engine", we wouldn't be able to create jet airplanes, without the A-bomb, we wouldn't have nuclear power to create the electricity we oh so need...
Without the cold war, we wouldn't have GPS satellites...

It comes down to:

peace = stagnation
war = progress

Basically:
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition n° 35: War is good for business

A world without war would be boring, believe me...
If the world is so overpopulated, why don't you help out by starting with removing yourself from the gene pool.
Overpopulation can't be solved by taking on this problem on an individual scale.
As to war relieving overpopulation stress, yes it does result in a reduction of human beings but then again part of the problem of overpopulation is the stress this causes on the environment. War in itself also draws some energy from the environment however.

He is partly right in saying war is progress however, although completely wrong in saying that peace is stagnation. War does provides a boom in many ways, it is under stress that we maximize our performance, when we really need to. There are upsides and downsides to anything, including war. Anyone saying otherwise is blind to the truth. Advances can also be made during peacetime, but not as fast.
Dude, I fully realize that overpopulation can be solved that way.  I think your flame/sarcasm detector is on the fritz. 
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6679|Canada
DocZ: idiot, we're talking about experimentation here, not fighting in war

are you thick?
THIS thread is about THAT VIDEO
How about you go sear yourself with another since you seem to like talking about it

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-09-22 12:55:03)

Rosse_modest

DocZ wrote:

troops know the risks when they join the army....  Don't join armed forces if you don't accept the risk of getting whacked...  As for me, I would prosper if the battlefield of a modern war was on my front doorstep...  Much must be risked in war...  My situation is, I have already accepted the fact that I will someday cease to be, where, how, why and when, I cannot choose...  But I can decide how to face that moment...  And I have faced it before, more than once, I have stood on death's doorstep, I know what a bullet feels like when it sears your flesh...
You also know what it feels like to have a mortar blow away your underside?

Dude, what are you on?
Whatever it is, you need to reduce the dosage.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard