Poll

What is the greatest Heavy Metal Band of all times?

Black Sabbath9%9% - 19
Ac/dc12%12% - 27
Megadeth1%1% - 4
Metallica25%25% - 53
Pantera5%5% - 12
Iron Maiden11%11% - 24
System of a Down6%6% - 14
Motley Crue1%1% - 4
Kiss3%3% - 7
Other21%21% - 45
Total: 209
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6733

The fact that the 1st position is Metallica (who is really Thrash Metal) and the 2nd is 'Other' shows something's wrong with this poll
Rec(+)n
Teh Hawtsawce
+4|6428

broncobullfrog wrote:

Pfft, Led Zeppelin pwns all of them.
enough said
Rec(+)n
Teh Hawtsawce
+4|6428
lol, theres alot of zeppelin fans here      kinda surprised ;p
TheFlipTop
+28|6494

broncobullfrog wrote:

Hoo fuckin Ya!!

They started it ffs!
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6701|Peoria, Illinois
AllmightyOz
+50|6456|United States - Ohio
Metallica. Thank god they are in the lead. TAKE SYSTEM OF A DOWN OFF THE LIST! THEY ARE NU_METAL!
Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6570
Metallica, A damn lot of crap but a handful of songs that just couldn't have been done better.

Black Sabbath was heavy when they started playing, they're like backstreet boys compared to REAL heavy bands nowadays.

Quite the same with AC/DC. More like hard rock.

Megadeth, Pantera and Mötley Crüe, never listened to.

Iron Maiden is damn good too. Just hate the lyrics and Bruce.

SOAD, new generation crap metal.

Kiss, I was made for loving you and crazy crazy nights are good. Rest are songs anyone could write. Rock, not heavy metal.

Just felt I had to tell you
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6701|Peoria, Illinois

AllmightyOz wrote:

Metallica. Thank god they are in the lead. TAKE SYSTEM OF A DOWN OFF THE LIST! THEY ARE NU_METAL!
This was "of all time" not "of the 70's and 80's". Nu_Metal is better than any of the crap on that list. Slayer should have been on that list too.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6815|Germany / Saxony
Sabbath FTW!!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Skexis
+6|6429
Led Zeppelin isn't metal, you fruit baskets.
Swifty_Gold
+3|6410
umm black sabbath of course, they did create it
commissargizz
+123|6434| Heaven
eerr I'm more of punk fan  but i would go with Rammstein....is that heavy metal?????? if not what is?
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

M1-Lightning wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

This was "of all time" not "of the 70's and 80's". Nu_Metal is better than any of the crap on that list. Slayer should have been on that list too.
New metal? Are you talking about this Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit stuff? You cant compare such bands with metal band like Slayer, Metallica or Pantera. A highgain guitar alone doesnt create metal. Nu_Metal is absolut f*cking dead!!!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Coolbeano wrote:

The fact that the 1st position is Metallica (who is really Thrash Metal) and the 2nd is 'Other' shows something's wrong with this poll
That there are a lot of metal bands and that's why you have the other option.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

TheFlipTop wrote:

broncobullfrog wrote:

Hoo fuckin Ya!!

They started it ffs!
Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin did, but the Godfather of metal is Ozzy Osbourne so for the oldies I choose Sabbath.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

AllmightyOz wrote:

What are they then?  Please explain coz I think they are metal.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Fabbi_Kanin wrote:

Metallica, A damn lot of crap but a handful of songs that just couldn't have been done better.

Black Sabbath was heavy when they started playing, they're like backstreet boys compared to REAL heavy bands nowadays.

Quite the same with AC/DC. More like hard rock.

Megadeth, Pantera and Mötley Crüe, never listened to.

Iron Maiden is damn good too. Just hate the lyrics and Bruce.

SOAD, new generation crap metal.

Kiss, I was made for loving you and crazy crazy nights are good. Rest are songs anyone could write. Rock, not heavy metal.

Just felt I had to tell you
You never listened Megadeth and Pantera and are posting in a metal thread?
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6729|Denmark
'Tallica ftw baby
SwampDog
+12|6440|Luton, England
Sepultura!! But as they`re not on the list, i`ll go for Maiden. Been around for years and still fucking awsome.
Jim_Bred
+15|6472
Simple Plan
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Of All The Critics The Only One I Admit Here Is That I Forgot Putting Slayer In The Fucking List.  For Those Slayer Fans I Beg Your Pardon.  The Rest Of The Critics Are Wrong.  If Your Band Isn't In The List Vote Other.  But How The Hell Can Some People Say Balck Sabbath Is Not Metal Or Soad Is Not Metal, Just Coz One Is Old And The Other New?  So, The Only Metal Happened Between 1980 And 2000?  My Two Cents.
ThrashingFury
+1|6407|Vermont
Just one guy talking here and I'm not one of the critics but saying "Greatest Heavy Metal Band of all times" does sort of imply bands that are "classic" I would think.  Peoples' definitions of metal differ so much though so its not like you can ever please everyone anyway.  There are probably more people out there that would group nu-metal or mallcore as I like to call it into their definition of metal than wouldn't but there are plenty of diehards out there that would never even consider it for instance, that and the notion that it should maybe be a classic band probably led to the scrutiny of using System of a Down on the list.  Maybe I'm wrong but hell, I'm just typing this because I can't get to sleep.

Last edited by ThrashingFury (2006-09-22 23:36:44)

Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Skexis wrote:

Led Zeppelin isn't metal, you fruit baskets.
Zepplin is a founding fucking father of the heavy shit.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
Zeppelin. FTW.
Cammc
+3|6721
Metallica for sure. Just look at the survey!! DOMINATING

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard