Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6721|Germany

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

pfcilng wrote:

Can anyone from Germany share how history books cover WWII?
Half of the pages in my history book i got in school is about nacism, 2.WK and its aftermath. We re taught very detailed what happened and why it happened. It is always stressed that Germany due to its past has a big responsibility to not let something like that happen again anywhere in the world but also that Germans today shouldn t be blamed for anything because they weren t born by then.  Another interesting fact is that it s still not easy to talk about war crimes that may have been commited by other countries too (bombardment of civilians, women being raped by soldiers etc.) because ppl are kind of afraid of getting accused for being nationalistic.
Thats what it is like. I'm 17 years old and we learned a lot about this time in the last years. We  have also been to the KZ Buchenwald while visiting Weimar and the impressions we got there where really terrible. I think the day there was the worst day of my live. After that visit we were shown a film about the KZ's (not one of the movies you see on TV, it was made to make you really feel bad) and some of us broke down by just seeing the pictures of that time. At night we heard one of us crying next door. But I think we were lucky, because we were not the Americans who had to see the camp "in action".

I don't want this to happen again. Never. And I think thats what everyone of the people I know thinks.
pfcilng
+0|6760|Northern Illinois University

SpyHunterUK wrote:

Here int he UK Im just about to do my GCSE, we currently have six books, three covering Germany 1918-1945 and three covering Russia and the Cold War.

Sometimes it gets way OTT, im only about 3 months into GCSE as well o.O
Pardon my ignorance, what does GCSE stand for?
FeloniousMonk
+0|6728
yknow what, damned if I can't find the records about lincoln's family. I'll keep searching though

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard