Kaiser0
+2|6490
https://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2905/gfxvz5.png

Edit: i dont know what my power supply wattage is but my previous card, an ati 9600pro ran fine.

Last edited by Kaiser0 (2006-09-21 15:49:37)

{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6594
im cool (y)
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6642
wow. that card takes only 70 watts, doesnt even need an external power hook. your power supply must be barley running your system.
Kaiser0
+2|6490
I have no idea really how many watts is my power supply... and when i started my com, it showed this message.
Kaiser0
+2|6490
Hmm can i ask how do i raise its performance again if i upgrade my PSU.
JohnClark
+5|6579|Groningen-The Top of Holland
Buy a new powersuply
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6694|New York
It will automatically raise itself. No worries. The protection is built into the drivers of the grafix card. When you reboot with the new PSU your all set.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6543|Reading, Basingrad
Buy an Enermax Noisetaker 600w - all the power you will need
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6560|NYC / Hamburg

Dieselboy wrote:

Buy an Enermax Noisetaker 600w - all the power you will need
or a enermax noisetaker 485W. way enough power for the stuff in my sig, which isnt exactly known for its low use of energy
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Kaiser0
+2|6490
I actually had my pc serviced and had a 7600GS installed and when it came back i thought i could run medium on bf2 but the fps sucks 30-40.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6479|Melbourne

Silvertone 550Watt power supply a verry good buy
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6516|Little blue planet, milky way
mmm... The ATI card uses only about 1/3-2/3 the power of the 7600 (not accounting for fans). So you could be unlucky enough to have "hit the limit".
However, if your CPU is very old, then that might be the cause. Electronics also "degrade" as they get older. PSU's start to supply less power as they age. Yiou may not HAVE to buy huge and expensive PSU. In point of fact, that'd most likely be a waste of money (and power). Just get one that's sufficient for your needs.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6694|New York
Look at Sparkle PSU for budget. They are very clean Power and cheap. They are an Overclockers choice when clean true cheap power is a must.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard