jacksyee
+0|6723
If you kill someone in a tank does it count as a kill for the badge?  I have been trying to get the medic badge using my rifle but ti would be easier if vehicle kills counted.

Also, I sat in a stinger ground mount for 15 minutes or so blazing away on the wake map and got no badge, is it only a linebacker or tusky that counts for the time?

Also if youa re trying for tow mount and you hop out and in or are killed deos it break your time string - i.e. does the IAR time need to be continuous without deaths?

Thanks for you replies.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center
yes, no, no.  in that order.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6781|Hamburg, Germany
1. yes (artillerie kills count also)

2.stinger is ok just do it (again)

3. total time counts so in and out is ok (and MG'S can also be used9
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6764|06-01
these questions have been answered many times over.

but.....
since i am at work and bored to tears wishing i was playing instead.........

yes, kills made while being in any sort of vehicle counts towards your IAR combat kit badges

as for the aa badge, you just gotta sit in the linebacker/ tuskunga/ stinger until you hear the drumroll awarding you the badge as you cant really accurately count the time you have been in it.

for the tow mounted, its the total time in the round, no matter how many deaths

hope this helps. you can just as easily check ubar for the info.....
jacksyee
+0|6723
to be honest I did check Ubar and it doesn't specify.

The reason I asked is because I sat for 12 minutes in the stinger mount and got no badge, thus my question, ubar says 5 minutes.

For the combat badges it says 'kills' so I thought I'd ask if vehicles counted, I rarely drive them and have trouble getting ten gun kills a round since I'm not the best player I thought I would ask.

Thanks for the answers.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6752|AZ

Aruba-Prime wrote:

Don't trust this guy, he has no idea what he's talkin' about.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6799

Kniero wrote:

Aruba-Prime wrote:

Yes he does.  Artillery kills count for the class combat badges (medic, etc.) and if you're in a vehicle (armor, transport, air-defense, etc.) they count towards those badges/ribbons.  I got my air-defense ribbon sitting in a Stinger on Wake, as commander and using artillery.
_|x|ake|x|_
+0|6758|greenville, sc
i got 3 basic and one vet. badge iar being commander....so i know the kills count
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6737|Uhh... erm...
Vehicle kills count. I'm not sure about arty though. Got my AT badge pwning with the bomber at Clean Sweep. Me and my passenger (screw the grammar) got the top scores for our team that round. But then again, for any combat badges, just go to a full Mashtuur map.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6799|Jupiter
Interesting.... its just that kills dont register on your score... do they on your main stats then?, or they just count towards badges, etc. IAR.
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6781|Dallas, Tx
And also remember that your stats don't always update immediately.  It may be the next day before you receive your ribbons or badges.  And sometimes you just don't get them.  I spent 10 or 15 minutes in a TOW and had at least 8 kills and didn't get anything.  Sometimes you just have to do it again.
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6781|Dallas, Tx
Actually, to add to my last post, when I was in the TOW site, I GOT the drumroll for Ground Defense or whatever one it is, but it never updated.  I finished the round and played another but it just never sent the info to EA I guess.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6757|Derby, England

aardfrith wrote:

Kniero wrote:

Aruba-Prime wrote:

Yes he does.  Artillery kills count for the class combat badges (medic, etc.) and if you're in a vehicle (armor, transport, air-defense, etc.) they count towards those badges/ribbons.  I got my air-defense ribbon sitting in a Stinger on Wake, as commander and using artillery.
Roger that. I got my veteran sniper playing as a commander on wake island. I didnt fire a single shot - I stayed inside the carrier the whole game. All my kills were with artillery, so yes this counts towards the class combat badges.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6757|Derby, England

JimmyNoobtron wrote:

Actually, to add to my last post, when I was in the TOW site, I GOT the drumroll for Ground Defense or whatever one it is, but it never updated.  I finished the round and played another but it just never sent the info to EA I guess.
Gah, hate when that happens. TOW one isnt too hard to get again (3 mins, 5 kills or something like that?)
cablecopulate
+449|6744|Massachusetts.
I got my ground defense, but it never updated either. At least on bf2s.com. But on bfhq it is registered there. So check bfhq, you might have it.
jacksyee
+0|6723
thanks for the replies

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard