JohnnyBlanco
+44|6587|England
Are most people racist? Do we have an inherent fear of people who are not like us and is this something evolution has hardwired into our brains, much like many peoples initial fear of snakes and spiders? Would the US of used nukes if the Japanese were white? Would the invasion of iraq taken place if Saddam was a white geezer? Would Bin Laden detest the west if we looked like arabs? Would New Orleans be rebuilt now if it had a mostly white population? And if i'm chatting shit why did it take the US until the sixties till black people were given the same rights as whites? There is a reason for all this, just wanted to see if anybody had a good theory.
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
+44|6611|Europe and goddamn proud of it

JohnnyBlanco wrote:

Are most people racist? Do we have an inherent fear of people who are not like us and is this something evolution has hardwired into our brains, much like many peoples initial fear of snakes and spiders? Would the US of used nukes if the Japanese were white? Would the invasion of iraq taken place if Saddam was a white geezer? Would Bin Laden detest the west if we looked like arabs? Would New Orleans be rebuilt now if it had a mostly white population? And if i'm chatting shit why did it take the US until the sixties till black people were given the same rights as whites?
We will never know
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6613|Seattle

It's hard wired into our brains to join together as a collective for survival. To some people, this may draw them towards religion, others, racism. Sometimes, both. Family is the founding father of this mentality.

https://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/fbe6231421.jpg

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-09-20 09:58:35)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6558|Texas - Bigger than France
Racism is learned.

Look into a mirror and compare yourself to your parents.

Compare your parents to your grandparents.

Racism seems to dull with every generation.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6701|West Yorkshire, U.K
Black man

A black man walks into a cafe one early morning and noticed that he was the only black man there. As he sat down, he noticed a white man behind him.

The white man said,"coloured people are not allowed here."

The black man turned around and stood up. He then said:

"when I was born I was black,"

"when I grew up I was black,"

"when I'm sick I'm black,"

"when I go in the sun I'm black,"

"when I die I'll be black."

"But you sir..."

"when you're born you're pink,"

"when you grow up you're white,"

"when you're sick you’re green,"

"when you go in the sun you turn red,"

"when you're cold you turn blue,"

"And when you die you turn purple."

"And you have the nerve to call me coloured"

The black man then sat back down and the white man walked away...

It just goes to show racism is stupid!

Last edited by Kurazoo (2006-09-20 10:05:36)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6613|Seattle

Pug wrote:

Racism is learned.

Yes, very true. Reminds me of fear. The only two things you are born afraid of are: The fear of loud noises and the fear of heights. Everything else is learned.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda-

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-09-20 10:06:08)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Master*
Banned
+416|6511|United States
Race had little if nothing to do with those major events u posted. For example, the united states would of bombed japan if they were white,black or had 2 pairs of socks on because the japanese still opposed the United States' demands, race didnt influence that at all.

racism/race should become obsolete but that will never happen because of comments like that.

Last edited by Masterstyle (2006-09-20 10:12:37)

Rosse_modest
+76|6792|Antwerp, Flanders

King_County_Downy wrote:

Pug wrote:

Racism is learned.

Yes, very true. Reminds me of fear. The only two things you are born afraid of are: The fear of loud noises and the fear of heights. Everything else is learned.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda-
I started out with hate.
Pug
I fear militant gays in pink tanks, and the most fearsome creatures imaginable - a shark, or a tiger, or an elephant - or my nightmare - a shark riding a tiger riding an elephant...stomping, clawing and biting to cause havoc on the masses.
Rosse_modest

Pug wrote:

I fear militant gays in pink tanks, and the most fearsome creatures imaginable - a shark, or a tiger, or an elephant - or my nightmare - a shark riding a tiger riding an elephant...stomping, clawing and biting to cause havoc on the masses.
Homophobia is something inherent to us, I believe.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6565|Southeastern USA

Rosse_modest wrote:

Pug wrote:

interesting thought, maybe so, after all, the root of most behaviors all go back to natural selection and propogation of the species, so maybe homophobia is inherently linked to species survival instincts
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6796|Great Brown North

Kurazoo wrote:

Black man

A black man walks into a cafe one early morning and noticed that he was the only black man there. As he sat down, he noticed a white man behind him.

The white man said,"coloured people are not allowed here."

The black man turned around and stood up. He then said:

"when I was born I was black,"

"when I grew up I was black,"

"when I'm sick I'm black,"

"when I go in the sun I'm black,"

"when I die I'll be black."

"But you sir..."

"when you're born you're pink,"

"when you grow up you're white,"

"when you're sick you’re green,"

"when you go in the sun you turn red,"

"when you're cold you turn blue,"

"And when you die you turn purple."

"And you have the nerve to call me coloured"

The black man then sat back down and the white man walked away...

It just goes to show racism is stupid!
actualy my skin has no pigment, therefor clear. his skin has pigment, coloured

stupid joke
IRONCHEF
+385|6507|Northern California
I agree that racism is learned.  My 5 year old daughter is white and is the minority at her brand new kindergarten.  Yet she has no idea she is a minority or what that means.  Likewise, she doesn't know that there's blacks, asians, "non-whites" and yet other racial make-ups in her class room. 

The second she or ANYONE starts referring to people by their "color" or ethnic background, shows they're aware of race..therefore making them mildly (though not necessarily bad) racist. 

I also believe homophobia falls in this same category.  The sexual preference is not the same as a race (not going to get into the topic so don't start) yet knowing that your mommy and daddy made you and therefore assuming that a man and woman are required to "make" children, it will then be of surprise to see a play mate that has two daddies or two mommies.  For me, I will teach my children that they can be friends with kids who have gay parents but I will also teach her and direct her towards heterosexual decision making as she ages.  I hope she will chose it.
Pug
PS. my pink tank comment is related to Downy's sig
Rosse_modest

kr@cker wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

Pug wrote:

interesting thought, maybe so, after all, the root of most behaviors all go back to natural selection and propogation of the species, so maybe homophobia is inherently linked to species survival instincts
That is my 2 cents about it. It makes sense for it to be part of our basic behavioral makeup. In a group/society battling for survival every day where food and energy are a scarce commodity, having such a defensive mechanism would help ensure the continued survival of the group. Essentially homosexuals waste this precious food/energy because they do not reproduce to ensure the future of the group (to make matters worse they actually expend valuable energy during mating).

I do not think the same applies to racism. I see no reason as to why it would be, interracial breeding is in fact beneficial to some extent.

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2006-09-20 11:19:34)

Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6671|United States of America
King_County_Downy are you from Canada????  Why do you have a picture of the Canadian Royal Armor Division as your sig?????  The tank is obviously camo'd up with San Francisco Urban camo in preparation of an attack on the U.S. 
https://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/7121b24f6e.jpg
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6725|Wilmington, DE, US
Watch out Spittle, they might convert you to gay.
markkos
Kokko, kokoo koko kokko kokoon!
+9|6691|Zurich, Switzerland
The Swiss are chauvinists. They gave the women the voting rights first in 1979...
Chou
+737|6807

markkos wrote:

The Swiss are chauvinists. They gave the women the voting rights first in 1979...
At least they gave it
IRONCHEF
+385|6507|Northern California
Hey, this headline just popped out and I'd like to share an insite...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214663,00.html
This part of the article is what bugs me, "Massachusetts voters face a historic choice on Nov. 7 that could result in the state's first black or its first female elected governor"

Ok, I understand fully the attempt at not being racially motivated buy referencing this a "historic" that the next governor for MA could be "black!"  Now naturally, I immediately ask myself "what's the big friggen deal if the next Gov is black?  Does that make him better than a white one?  Is it because he should be expected to fail?  Is it because blacks are an oppressed society because they have a 'history' of slavery and bad treatment?  What is the big friggen deal?"  Then naturally, someone publishing it would say "No, it's just a 'milestone' because it's a first." 

Is Massachussets better now because they have a black or female governor?  No.  Is it better for being the first State to have a black or female governor..no, because other states have done this.  So it boils down to racism...referring to people by the color of their skin (and gender in this article).  Sure it's not meant to be a direct insult, but it is an indirect insult...it's suggesting that it's a big deal because until then, blacks have not made it high enough in MA politics to be a governor...this suggests that they are inferior or perceived as such.

Barrack Obama is an excellent Senator who I hope aspires to more than his current seat.  He has also impressed me by a similar statement he made that talks about what I'm getting at...the categorizing of people based on race.  He says that it's wrong, it represents fringes of our racist past, and it's unnecesary.

So yes, next time there's another racial or sexual milestone (going into space, breaking a record, or being elected to office), I will angrily ask why it is so important!  And when people stop referring to race, sexual preference, or whatever castes there are out there as insignificant forms of data only meant to seperate...then I will rejoice that racism is gone.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard