MrE`158
+103|6633
I would say that the way this works has less to do with the physics of the light than it has to do with your perception.  I'm not very good at physics, but I've done some perceptive psychology, and you'd be amazed at what the eye can be convinced into seeing.

I've no doubt that the effect of a yellow filter on your BF2 skills is likely to be less pronounced than it is on real-world skills, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be there, the principle is the same:  the enhanched contrast makes targets easier to spot.  That much of it has fairly little to do with the physics of light wavelenghts/frequencies, and much more to do with sensory interpretation.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6631|Gold coast, Aus.

MrE`158 wrote:

I would say that the way this works has less to do with the physics of the light than it has to do with your perception.  I'm not very good at physics, but I've done some perceptive psychology, and you'd be amazed at what the eye can be convinced into seeing.

I've no doubt that the effect of a yellow filter on your BF2 skills is likely to be less pronounced than it is on real-world skills, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be there, the principle is the same:  the enhanched contrast makes targets easier to spot.  That much of it has fairly little to do with the physics of light wavelenghts/frequencies, and much more to do with sensory interpretation.
+1 for sounding smart.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6528|Montucky

MrE`158 wrote:

Who new physics'n'shit would come in handy after high school?
FHS01
+2|6444|Nottingham
They were first used in the skiing world, helps you to see the slope in front of you, really dose work, I'll try it tonight on BF2.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6656
My god i just cant believe you wear shooting range glasses (that improve your accuracy or watever) playing a video game A VIDEO GAME! Must say that is sad.
Bitter_n_Twisted
Banned
+0|6456
lick bag flaming maniac u truely r a fuckin' knob gobblin aren't u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6706|Germany

pure_beef_69 wrote:

My god i just cant believe you wear shooting range glasses (that improve your accuracy or watever) playing a video game A VIDEO GAME! Must say that is sad.
I'm not wearing shooting glasses,I'm wearing tinted contact lenses.

Some people in this thread are open-minded and give this a try.
And what's the fucking difference wearing those contacts on a shooting range,while biking or playing a videogame?
Technical facts about orange glasses/lenses are easy to find on the web,it definitely works.

If you think it's sad to use them for a videogame -do you also think that wearing sunglasses in general is sad?

Here's some tech info of the Nike lenses for all the doubters(heck,even headbutted Materazzi uses them..) : http://www.nike.com/nikevision/main.htm … t_maxsight

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard