.45 Colt20%20% - 49
Other, Explain.11%11% - 28
Total: 241
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6635|Seattle, WA

oug wrote:

stop deleting threads cause you feel like it
??? Who are you talking to? And what are you referring to?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
sorry wrong person
ƒ³
IRONCHEF
+385|6482|Northern California

=[BK]=tech_12 wrote:

colt .45

i so want a 1911...
Amen preacher, amen.  That's my favorite hand gun.

But i don't get the survey options...

.45 colt 

and

.45 acp

are the same things.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-09-19 14:57:59)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6689

http://www.swissminigun.com/gallery_steel.html
'Nuff said.

Also, it's a joke. .45 ftw.
Jaguar
+2|6565

IRONCHEF wrote:

=[BK]=tech_12 wrote:

colt .45

i so want a 1911...
Amen preacher, amen.  That's my favorite hand gun.

But i don't get the survey options...

.45 colt 

and

.45 acp

are the same things.
No, they are not.  A .45 ACP is the round that John Browning chamber the 1911 in.  The Colt 45(also known as 45 Colt, or 45 Long Colt) is the round that various 'old west' weapons were chambered in, such as the Peacemaker pistol.  The Colt 45 is a rimmed cartridge, used only in revolvers.  The 45ACP is a rimless cartridge used in semi-automatic, magazine-fed weapons such as the 1911A1, the Glock 21 & 30, Sig P220, H&K Mk23 & USP Tactical, and others.
11thdsv
+3|6705|fort worth, tx.
and no .45 colt and .45apc are not the same thing i hate when someone who dosent know wtf they are talking about talks like they do..... .45 colt or long colt is a long version of the .45 cal cart. like wyatt earp used asshat the .45 apc is a automatic pistol cart. hence the apc there is a small indention near the rim of the case for extraction on an automatic handgun the .45 lc or colt doesnt have this it just has a normal rim if you put a .45 colt in a 1911 the gun would explode because the bullets to long anyway they aint the same goddamn bullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damnit jaguar you beat me too it lol

Last edited by 11thdsv (2006-09-19 15:11:56)

IRONCHEF

11thdsv wrote:

and no .45 colt and .45apc are not the same thing i hate when someone who dosent know wtf they are talking about talks like they do..... .45 colt or long colt is a long version of the .45 cal cart. like wyatt earp used asshat the .45 apc is a automatic pistol cart. hence the apc there is a small indention near the rim of the case for extraction on an automatic handgun the .45 lc or colt doesnt have this it just has a normal rim if you put a .45 colt in a 1911 the gun would explode because the bullets to long anyway they aint the same goddamn bullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damnit jaguar you beat me too it lol
How bout chill the fuck out hotdog?  And how am I "talking the way I do" that pisses you off so much?
USMCkilla
+16|6753|South Carolina

IRONCHEF wrote:

11thdsv wrote:

lol, fucking noob.

Did I say I knew the difference?  Didn't I ask if they were the same thing?  I thought the colt 45 round was something that could be used in a colt automatic (like the 1911).  And the .45 acp (automatic colt pistol) is obviously used in the 1911.  Excuse me for asking a question you fucking goob.
Dude you are the fucking noob if you didnt know the difference in the two. How can you make comments about how the 1911A1 is your favorite handgun and not know the difference. The question you asked is something very basic that just about every gun owner knows. That is like owning a car and not knowing if it takes gasoline or diesel.
IRONCHEF
Uh, cuz the question is what is your favorite weapon..and I'm not as well versed in ammo as some of you nerds are.  And I, like BK, thought the 1911 used .45 caliber rounds...yet we didn't know one was for revolvers and one was for autos.

Oh, did i say i was a gun owner?  no.  I'm just a history channel watcher with a wife who forbids guns in the home..for now.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-09-19 15:26:43)

11thdsv
+3|6705|fort worth, tx.

USMCkilla wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

11thdsv wrote:

lol, fucking noob.

Did I say I knew the difference?  Didn't I ask if they were the same thing?  I thought the colt 45 round was something that could be used in a colt automatic (like the 1911).  And the .45 acp (automatic colt pistol) is obviously used in the 1911.  Excuse me for asking a question you fucking goob.
Dude you are the fucking noob if you didnt know the difference in the two. How can you make comments about how the 1911A1 is your favorite handgun and not know the difference. The question you asked is something very basic that just about every gun owner knows. That is like owning a car and not knowing if it takes gasoline or diesel.
exactlly usmckilla hit the nail on the head!!
IRONCHEF
Yeah but can you tell me what a purkinje shift is without using the internet?  I thought not.  Geeky little bitches.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-09-19 15:31:47)

T0X1C1TY
+6|6424|Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

T0X1C1TY wrote:

.45 ACP, aka the Peacemaker of the west has enough stopping power to kill and is decently accurate in the right hands...
AKA the Peacemaker of the West??? Sorry dude the Peacemaker was originally chambered in .45LongColt or as it is more commonly known as the .45 Colt.  Quite different from the new cartridge that came abouts around 1911, the .45ACP.
Excuse me for the nubbedness I apologize for spread mt stupidity around but I was told that the Peacemaker was always a  .45 ACP
IRONCHEF

T0X1C1TY wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

T0X1C1TY wrote:

.45 ACP, aka the Peacemaker of the west has enough stopping power to kill and is decently accurate in the right hands...
AKA the Peacemaker of the West??? Sorry dude the Peacemaker was originally chambered in .45LongColt or as it is more commonly known as the .45 Colt.  Quite different from the new cartridge that came abouts around 1911, the .45ACP.
Excuse me for the nubbedness I apologize for spread mt stupidity around but I was told that the Peacemaker was always a  .45 ACP
Damn you!!!  Why are you so stupid??? EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF AMMO GOES IN ALL GUNS!  FCKN NOOB!!!!

/just kidding.

But seriously, don't tiptoe around here..you won't trip on any e-penises.
Jaguar
+2|6565

IRONCHEF wrote:

T0X1C1TY wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Damn you!!!  Why are you so stupid??? EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF AMMO GOES IN ALL GUNS!  FCKN NOOB!!!!

/just kidding.

But seriously, don't tiptoe around here..you won't trip on any e-penises.
Chill.....out.....
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

without a doubt in my mind the M1911 Colt .45 is THE greatest handgun ever created and will be for ages to come.  WITH OUT A DOUBT
How about with a doubt? Lolz I have no clue what that mean't.
DeCon_1
+16|6512|Atlanta, Georga U.S.A.
Hell, I like the Smith and Wesson 500 personally.
NasmNLH
+6|6640

DeCon_1 wrote:

Hell, I like the Smith and Wesson 500 personally.
Good luck carrying that thing concealed.  The smallest S&W chambered in the .500 is 9" Overall Length.  It is one fat gun too.  Unless you're a huge guy I doubt you could concealed carry that sucker.  All this is assuming the OP meant concealed carry and not open carry.  Even with open carry though at 54.8 oz. I'd imagine that gun would get heavy real quick. 

That being said I'm sure that would be an impressive round. 

Take Care,

NasmNLH
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6562|England
Wow you guys must have really small dicks....
T0X1C1TY
+6|6424|Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

NasmNLH wrote:

Unless you're a huge guy I doubt you could concealed carry that sucker.
I resent that...
MECtallica
+73|6496|jalalabad
Wow you guys must have really small dicks....
Youre just jealous because their dicks are bigger than yours.
basetballjones
+30|6740
I'll just carry two AK's, thx.

lol.  The handgun is dependant on the situation.  Home defense and plinking with a 9mm and .22's, then into law enforcement with the .45's and .38's, all the way up to military with 10mm up to .50

I just carry a 9mm  when I close up storage facilities for the night, just in case I get ambushed- which does happen, they think we carry money or keys or whatever the fuck crack heads think..  I don't want to kill anyone or hit passers by, and Ideally, at worst I might have to point it at someone, but if it went further than that, a beretta will easily disable an arm or leg.

But if I knew for sure that I would be in danger of combating armed attackers on a daily basis (ie-law enforcement or military) I wouldn't be caught without a .45 .. I have no real preference, all .45's kick like a bitch and are good for one shot at a time unless you are big enough to make them look like a 9mm in your hand.  But that first shot sure will take a goddamn kneecap off.
Capt. Foley
+155|6579|Allentown, PA, USA
Uhh, the military does not use .50 cal slugs. It uses, 9mm, 10mm and .45 as far as I know. .50 cal slugs have no practicle use.
NasmNLH
+6|6640

T0X1C1TY wrote:

NasmNLH wrote:

Unless you're a huge guy I doubt you could concealed carry that sucker.
I resent that...
Apologies, I did not mean to insult anyone.  The only point I was trying to make was that "less bulky" types have a harder time concealing weapons than "more built" people.  Extending that thought I felt that one would have to be a more "well built" person to be able to sucessfully conceal a .500 S&W revolver on oneself.

-NasmNLH
basetballjones
+30|6740

Capt. Foley wrote:

Uhh, the military does not use .50 cal slugs. It uses, 9mm, 10mm and .45 as far as I know. .50 cal slugs have no practicle use.
ok, I wasn't sure, i thought not, but put it there in case.  I mostly learn about the firearms I own/obtain, not firearms in general, I have other more prevailent hobbies.

But I do agree that .50 cal slugs are in fact, seemingly pointless.  .45's fill the position nicely, I don't see handguns needing to be any larger... you hunt rhino with rifles.
NasmNLH
+6|6640

Capt. Foley wrote:

It's true.  AFAIK the United States Military uses 9mm sidearms for the most part (the Beretta M9 in particular).  Supposedly some US Special Operations groups use .45 ACP pistols.  I've never heard anything about US Military Units using 10mm handguns though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard