ATG
Banned
+5,233|6681|Global Command

chuyskywalker wrote:

james-m wrote:

arent you in Iraq yet sympathiser?
Ok, you obviously can't handle this thread. Take a break.
=ban

Where are the leaders of Americas army, government or citizens crying for the blood of the Muslims.
We are trying to help those people.
Freedom is a unstoppable force, and once introduced will not be contained.

This just in;
The united Nations threat of sanctions against Iran appear to be working...apparently the iranian government is laughing so hard that it can't concentrate on its nuclear program.
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6629|H-Town

ATG wrote:

My intention for this thread was to have folks who think Islam is a religion of peace to examine their own words and writtings.
     I think many anti war liberals fail to realize that the Islamonutcases would slit their throats, their childrens throats and drink their blood. Sound wacky?

ATG wrote:

Jusster wrote:

Well considering I walked the streets of Saudi Arabia for 21/2 years at my previous job without getting my throat slit, I'd have to disagree with you ATG.........as usual

Jusster
Go back with a box of Bibles and give them to strangers on those streets. I double dog triple dare you.
As usual........you generalize your argument using blanket statements that are not based on facts. 

I did not hide the fact that I was a U.S. citizen, though some found it hard to believe based on their stereotypes towards us.  Almost everyone I met, would invite you into there home for diner and showed respect hospitality towards me.  About the only time I felt a bit jittery is when dealing with the police,  they all carry AK-47's and to me thats abit over the top.  All in all I found it to be a pleasant and enlightening experience and learned alot about middle eastern culture.  I do believe Islam is a peaceful religion and that it and Christianity have A LOT of similarities.  So for you to stereotype based on your limited knowledge of Islam or Middle Eastern Culture is laughable to me. 

By the way ATG there are Christian communities within that country.  Most of them were made up of American contractors living abroad.  Go figure.

Jusster
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6712

Jusster wrote:

ATG wrote:

My intention for this thread was to have folks who think Islam is a religion of peace to examine their own words and writtings.
     I think many anti war liberals fail to realize that the Islamonutcases would slit their throats, their childrens throats and drink their blood. Sound wacky?

ATG wrote:

Jusster wrote:

Well considering I walked the streets of Saudi Arabia for 21/2 years at my previous job without getting my throat slit, I'd have to disagree with you ATG.........as usual

Jusster
Go back with a box of Bibles and give them to strangers on those streets. I double dog triple dare you.
As usual........you generalize your argument using blanket statements that are not based on facts. 

I did not hide the fact that I was a U.S. citizen, though some found it hard to believe based on their stereotypes towards us.  Almost everyone I met, would invite you into there home for diner and showed respect hospitality towards me.  About the only time I felt a bit jittery is when dealing with the police,  they all carry AK-47's and to me thats abit over the top.  All in all I found it to be a pleasant and enlightening experience and learned alot about middle eastern culture.  I do believe Islam is a peaceful religion and that it and Christianity have A LOT of similarities.  So for you to stereotype based on your limited knowledge of Islam or Middle Eastern Culture is laughable to me. 

By the way ATG there are Christian communities within that country.  Most of them were made up of American contractors living abroad.  Go figure.

Jusster
How long would those Christian communities survive if the gov't of saudi arabia was overthrown and turned into an Islamic republic like Iran?
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6629|H-Town

rawls2 wrote:

How long would those Christian communities survive if the gov't of saudi arabia was overthrown and turned into an Islamic republic like Iran?
Another misinformed conspiracy theorists I guess...............

To answer your hypothetical question; I'd have to say absolutely nothing would happen to them.  In fact I'd have to say the country would probably be more tolerant to other religious beliefs if they were not in power. 

The Saudi Royal Family donates a ridiculous about of money to spread Islam though out the world!  Not only that but what the Imams preach has to be approved by the Royal family.  They control everything in that county and the people tend to be a lot more open minded then the Royal family when it comes to religion.

I really wish people would take the time to know and understand instead of assuming that they know.

edit:  In fact I found most Muslims there tend to be as religious as most Christians in the U.S.  Meaning, most have a basic understanding of what they believe, but are only believers due to it being taught "this is what you are" from birth.

edit2: Don't kid yourself Saudi Arabia is an Islamic Nation..........Thats a fact

Jusster

Last edited by Jusster (2006-09-19 16:52:58)

dubbs
+105|6784|Lexington, KY
I  love how "leaders" in Islam can say whatever they want and not get criticized by the public.  The public says they are oppressed people who are speaking their mind.  Well, other people want to speak their minds also.  This is yet another hypocritical situation, just like the comic of Muhammad a few months back.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6861|Wilmington, DE, US

dubbs wrote:

I  love how "leaders" in Islam can say whatever they want and not get criticized by the public.  The public says they are oppressed people who are speaking their mind.  Well, other people want to speak their minds also.  This is yet another hypocritical situation, just like the comic of Muhammad a few months back.
Aren't you criticizing them now on a public forum? Whoops.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6707

dubbs wrote:

Personally I think the Pope, that Danish magazine, the President of Iran, etc. are all equally entitled to spout whatever drivel they want. There is no hypocrisy there.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6707

Vilham wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

James-m wrote:

when you come to the mainland, if you say one word about islam, or make racial comments publicly, you will be arrested. these rag heads are taking away our so called freedom of speech. your just a muslim sympathiser! go to iraq or iran you piece of shit
Mainland? LOL. James-m - I'm from THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND. WE BEAT YOU. GET OVER IT. My 'mainland' is good old Ireland thank you very much. I'd consider continental Europe more my mainland than Britain. You do realise we have NOTHING to do with the UK now, don't you?
You obviously didnt win so bad... ever heard of NI? If i remember correctly NI voted to stay part of the UK, but people in the Republic disagreed with that and started killing people over a period of 10-15 years.
Vilham don't get uptight - that was an angry outburst on my part in response to racist and condescending remarks made by James-m directed at me (not just in that post but in previous posts also). I'm not going to go into history lessons on Northern Ireland in this thread. Needless to say I was referring to the Republic of Ireland anyway.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-09-19 16:54:42)

HM1{N}
+86|6796|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
I have some simple questions that beg to be answered:

Why do Muslim radicals want to murder us?

Bin Laden started this crap for whatever reason, maybe he was pissed because we stopped funding him after Afghanistan (most logical reason), now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.  Why?  Do they have a David complex and want to take us out because of it?

The U.S. was never at war with these people until they killed 3,000 of our CIVILIANS.  Why do they feel we are the bad guys now?

NOTE: I am not condoning any U.S. action here, just looking for an explanation.
ATG
Banned
Well...
the U.S. has been involved in various middle East nations in a variety of ways, so to say we weren't there before 9-11 is just wrong. Sorry.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6712

Jusster wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

To answer your hypothetical question; I'd have to say absolutely nothing would happen to them.  In fact I'd have to say the country would probably be more tolerant to other religious beliefs if they were not in power. 

The Saudi Royal Family donates a ridiculous about of money to spread Islam though out the world!  Not only that but what the Imams preach has to be approved by the Royal family.  They control everything in that county and the people tend to be a lot more open minded then the Royal family when it comes to religion.

I really wish people would take the time to know and understand instead of assuming that they know.

edit:  In fact I found most Muslims there tend to be as religious as most Christians in the U.S.  Meaning, most have a basic understanding of what they believe, but are only believers due to it being taught "this is what you are" from birth.

edit2: Don't kid yourself Saudi Arabia is an Islamic Nation..........Thats a fact

Jusster
Your not understanding the question.
=CA=lamcrmbem
+16|6602|San Diego, CA

HM1{N} wrote:

I have some simple questions that beg to be answered:

Why do Muslim radicals want to murder us?

Bin Laden started this crap for whatever reason, maybe he was pissed because we stopped funding him after Afghanistan (most logical reason), now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.  Why?  Do they have a David complex and want to take us out because of it?

The U.S. was never at war with these people until they killed 3,000 of our CIVILIANS.  Why do they feel we are the bad guys now?

NOTE: I am not condoning any U.S. action here, just looking for an explanation.
Radical Islam has been around a lot longer than Bin Laden.  Dispite what people say, the US did not cause Radical Islam.  Do a little research on the different radical sects like the wahabis (started around 1700).
slash_clown
+9|6619|Australia

Ikarti wrote:

ATG wrote:

Jusster wrote:

Jusster
They'd take them from you at the airport.
Why would they do that?
ATG
Banned

Bubbalo wrote:

A series of articles which urge protest (not violence), accuse the Western media of being biased against Muslims (contrary to your assertion that it's somehow in collusion with them), and implicitly criticises Al Qaeda.  Seriously, the only thing backing you up is that first video, and everyone knows that most religious leaders are first and foremost politicians.
You seemed to be confused Bubs.
There is no point I was trying to make whatsoever, unless it was that people like you who refuse to, and are afraid of confronting this evil do not understand what these people aspire to.
The vast majority of Muslims rioting over the popes words and demanding his arrest when he visits Turkey would not be judged extremist. They are everyday Muslims.

The whole religion is insane, intollerant and a threat to world peace.

But just to make things fair, lets ban all religions.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6861|Wilmington, DE, US

slash_clown wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

ATG wrote:

They'd take them from you at the airport.
Why would they do that?
It's customs regulations there. Can't bring a Bible into the country. I'm sure there's some exception for the American compounds, but generally, if you've got one in carry-on, you won't have it for long.
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6629|H-Town

rawls2 wrote:

Jusster wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Jusster
Your not understanding the question.
LOL.................since I don't understand your question, why don't you explain it to me then.  I'd love to see it

Jusster
ATG
Banned
He saying the realitively moderate government of Saudi Arabia doesn't allow the slaughter of Christians as a rule. It's bad for business.
He's asking, without that protection, what do you think would happen.
=CA=lamcrmbem
+16|6602|San Diego, CA
They're illegal.  When I deployed to Iraq we were told not bring any "excessive" (more than one) christian material.  One bible was ok for personal use.  We were also not allowed to have our family mail us any christian material.

The Christian community in my sector was a common target for the radicals in Baghdad.
ATG
Banned
Jeeze folks, please take the time to watch the video. I seriously think people need to take them at their word.
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6629|H-Town

ATG wrote:

He saying the realitively moderate government of Saudi Arabia doesn't allow the slaughter of Christians as a rule. It's bad for business.
He's asking, without that protection, what do you think would happen.
You think the Saudi government is moderate?  That in its self is laughable.  You imply that the people of Saudi Arabia are being kept from becoming extremist by the Royal family, that is not the case.  The laws in Saudi Arabia are based on Islamic beliefs and the good of the Royal family.  I've already answered the question as to what my experience with the average citizan felt and how committed they were to thier beliefs.

Maybe yall misunderstood my answer

Jusster
ATG
Banned
No, I just think you got protection you didn't realize.
If the Saudi government is not moderate by insaneIslamofacist standards, why does Bin Laden want to overthrow them?
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6629|H-Town
ATG..........I think is more along the lines that you have no idea what your talking about.

The Saudi Royal Family is definitely a dictatorship that believes in Islamic rule and controls their people by these means.  If you speak out against the Royal family their is a GOOD chance that you will never be seen again nor your brothers.  Sound familiar?  I find it funny that you defend them yet criticize Saddam.  The only thing they protect is their exsistance.........period.

By the way Bin Laden wanted to get rid of Saddam too............good thing we helped him out

Jusster

Last edited by Jusster (2006-09-19 18:13:16)

ATG
Banned
All I'm really saying is...we are at war. And the sooner people realize it and get comfortable with the idea of fighting it to win, the less time it will take.

I told my wife the day of 9-11 " Millions of Muslims are going to die before this is finished."
She said " We can't do that."
I told her to get used to the idea, or get used to wearing a burka.

I'm sorry to sound harsh.
We have people trained, capable and willing to fight this war, now lets let them do it!

Go ahead, call me uninformed or whatever.
We are at war .

Last edited by ATG (2006-09-19 18:19:33)

N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6592|A drop house

ATG wrote:

All I'm really saying is...we are at war. And the sooner people realize it and get comfortable with the idea of fighting it to win, the less time it will take.

I told my wife the day of 9-11 " Millions of Muslims are going to die before this is finished."

We have people trained, capable and willing to fit this war, now lets let them do it!
Great post.. Agreed fully
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6712

ATG wrote:

We have people trained, capable and willing to fight this war, now lets let them do it!

Go ahead, call me uninformed or whatever.
We are at war .
Yup, it is what it is.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-09-19 18:24:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard