pasthebiscuits
+2|6867|Redcar, England
for the last couple of weeks Ive had this problem when moving around especially if you spin round quite quickly the screen will freeze for a split second just enough to really put u off ur aim I have tried updating my nvidia driver but makes no diff....any suggestions?

main spec.
3800 dual core
7800 gtx card
2gig memory
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6661|Cork, Ireland
Yeah, I've had this too but since 1.4 it seems to have gone away (Not that it happened that frequently anyway).
T4rd
+44|6718|West Point, NY
How much RAM you got?  If it's under 2 GBs you can expect this occasionally.  The lower amount of RAM the worse it will get.  It's prolly the game page fileing the rest of the level on the hard drive cuz it cant all fit into the RAM.

Last edited by T4rd (2006-09-14 11:22:17)

BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6814|London UK

T4rd wrote:

How much RAM you got?  If it's under 2 GBs you can expect this occasionally.  The lower amount of RAM the worse it will get.  It's prolly the game page fileing the rest of the level on the hard drive cuz it cant all fit into the RAM.
You just got the dambass of the week award
T4rd
+44|6718|West Point, NY

BUDFORCE wrote:

You just got the dambass of the week award
LMAO... I about got pissed at you cuz I thought you were sayin I didn't know what I was talkin about.  Then I looked back at the OP and wanted to kick myself in the nuts.  Sorry, I've never been that ignorant before and promise to try not to do that again... I mean posting before I read the rest of the OP.  LOL... my bad

P.S.  F*ck you

Last edited by T4rd (2006-09-14 12:33:16)

mmm_fi
+0|6476

pasthebiscuits wrote:

for the last couple of weeks Ive had this problem when moving around especially if you spin round quite quickly the screen will freeze for a split second just enough to really put u off ur aim I have tried updating my nvidia driver but makes no diff....any suggestions?

main spec.
3800 dual core
7800 gtx card
2gig memory
I'm having the same problem, and I also have 2GB of RAM (and 1900XT and X2 3800+ @230FSB). For example the Dalian Plant lags a lot at the center flag, when spinning around. So it can't be our or mine graphics card as they are different models. I had this also with the 1.3 patch and now with the 1.4 patch. Can't remember when it started, but at least at spring my bf2 worked fine.

But you have the same CPU. So that might cause the problem? I have disabled all the cool'n'quiet and other power savings with some regediting found from the net, but that didn't help. I don't have the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer installed as it caused random lock ups, have you tried it? What CPU driver version you're using?
pasthebiscuits
+2|6867|Redcar, England

mmm_fi wrote:

pasthebiscuits wrote:

main spec.
3800 dual core
7800 gtx card
2gig memory
I'm having the same problem, and I also have 2GB of RAM (and 1900XT and X2 3800+ @230FSB). For example the Dalian Plant lags a lot at the center flag, when spinning around. So it can't be our or mine graphics card as they are different models. I had this also with the 1.3 patch and now with the 1.4 patch. Can't remember when it started, but at least at spring my bf2 worked fine.

But you have the same CPU. So that might cause the problem? I have disabled all the cool'n'quiet and other power savings with some regediting found from the net, but that didn't help. I don't have the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer installed as it caused random lock ups, have you tried it? What CPU driver version you're using?
I have just installed the amd dual-core optimiser and the latest cpu drivers (1.3.2.0)...So I will report back with my finding after stringent testing, my problem seems to be worsed when my pc has been on for a while so is probably a cooling issue but I have a coolermaster case and 5 cooling fans.
pasthebiscuits
+2|6867|Redcar, England
what seems to have worked for me is.

load bf2
hit cont alt delete
in processes find bf2.exe
right click and select set affinity
now select one of the dual cores only (0 or 1)

I have run it glitch free now for the last 2hrs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard