jkg1389
The Sound Of Silence
+9|6471
OK, so i just broke 1000 points commanding expecting to get the badge but realized that I need to spend 25 mins commanding in 1 round. This seems like it should be the easier part of the requirements but rarely do any of the games I play on last more than 10-15 mins. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6550|Boise, Idaho
get on a 16 player server with a 64 player map.
twiistaaa
+87|6675|mexico
the best time is really late at night/early in the morning when not many players on. ive been in rounds that have gone on for an hour
jkg1389
The Sound Of Silence
+9|6471
HITMAN: My friend does that all the time so he can get good IARs but I feel like I would be cheating myself by doing that, and I was wondering if there was any specific map or something that games last longer in.

Last edited by jkg1389 (2006-09-18 21:29:52)

GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6484|San Diego, CA
IO 16 player, 64 size map.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6739|Germany, near Koblenz
Occasionally you'll find really long rounds on every map (even on jet maps) but if you're in a desperate need of one (or more) try this:

- play late night (server time!)

- search for large maps with just 16 - 20 players (either reduced slots or just empty)

- check out that both teams are nearly balanced

- choose maps with reduced vehicle strength (f.e. warlord features 4 "inf only" flags)

- "infantry only" makes no sense on unbalanced maps where the attacker normally needs the vehicles to break through, so choose mirror-maps like Ghost Town (in addition it's easy to become commander there, since quite a lot of people only command when they can get some arty kills)

Looking for long rounds has nothing to do with any kind of cheating! Yes, you might get some higher best rounds but normally a fast and full game allows better scores per minute (at least for the pros). EA/DICE created some very high "in one round" requirements (kills, points, time), so it looks like they have no problem with these rounds happening as long you and the server don't break the law (f.e. play p&k).

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2006-09-19 10:33:53)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6633|Warlord
Lower player loads on a 64-player map is definitely the way to go if you want to guarantee that the round lasts long enough. I'm pretty sure I got vet command on a normal round of Sharqi with at least 40 players though so it's not absolutely necessary to be in a 'high points' situation.

DerGraueWolf wrote:

Looking for long rounds has nothing to do with any kind of cheating! Yes, you might get some higher best rounds but normally a fast and full game allows better scores per minute (at least for the pros). EA/DICE created some very high "in one round" requirements (kills, points, time), so it looks like they have no problem with these rounds happening as long you and the server don't break the law (f.e. play p&k).
QFE
gga43ta234t2
+0|6437
definitely late at night. Kubra dam or zatar wetlands imo.
JohnTx12
Stand still I need to shoot you
+44|6523|Plano,Texas
long round maps they are the best. Don't worry you will get it.
jkg1389
The Sound Of Silence
+9|6471
Thanks a lot for everyone's input, just got it today. 64 map with 32 people and I got it with ease.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard