Who the F*** r u? :/ :/24%24% - 24
bf2142? All the newbs r gonna stay in bf2:p3%3% - 3
bf2? bf2142 is gonna completely <<ANNIHILATE>> bf2!!!!4%4% - 4
EhHHhhH I wanna see what other's voted first:p10%10% - 10
Other. Please post ur "other" :D7%7% - 7
Total: 100
JimmyBotswana
+82|6603|Montreal
I'll try and decipher these hieroglyphics.

Frogfoot is a MEC bomber plane I believe, though not sure.

Dolphin dive is better explained by someone else as I don't do any of that gay shit and hence don't know how to explain it.

Stinger is an Anti-Air fixed emplacement.

AAA I presume you mean AA, anti-aircraft

BR is Best Round, your best score in a round

Squad hopping is no longer possible, but it in pre patch 1.3 days it was when you would die, join another squad near a flag and respawn on your new squad leader OR in clan matches it was when 5 guys spawned on their squad leader at an enemy flag, then left the squad and formed their own squad and others spawned on them, etc.

CTD is crash to desktop, the infamous problem that plagued patch 1.3. Don't know if others still have it now with 1.4 but for me it never happens anymore.

Cartillery is when you use vehicle drop as a weapon, for instance to drop on a piece of armor at one of your flags or on an artillery mast to destroy it. It is not such a big problem since 1.4

IO means Infantry Only

Hope it helps try speaking english next time.
JG1567JG
+110|6605|United States of America
Botswana I forgot about the Mec Bomber (Frog Foot) in Armored Fury.  You are correct.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6629|balls
how about getting more options in the vote, jesus.  i couldn't even read all of them there were so many, so i didn't vote.  oh, and i'm not giving up on bf2 just yet.   i just bought my new joystick for fucksake for the sole purpose of learning the j-10 whoring techniques!!!!!!
bruisehound
+14|6797
In response to HCScorpio, I think they should make BF1943.

I mean, everybody LOVES world war II, and they could just soup up BF1942 with the teamwork functions and sell it back to our greedy little spoonfed mouths, MAAAAAANNNN.

It would be a solid marketing move on their part, after the very risky 2142.

I guess if 2142 takes off, though, it'll be expansion packs, like 2142: Cyber Force, or 2142: Ridiculous Apocalyptic Political Dualism...oh wait, that's what the original is gonna be like.

On a TOTALLY different note, we (I mean as a species) are SO COMPLETELY FUCKED. I'm Canadian, and I was thinking about Canadian politics tonight - I bet lots of you guys think it's just idyllic wilderness up here, but really there's dirty fucker politicians and big business here too - and I realized how completely fucked we are. We Canadians just lost a big chunk of our freedom of the press. SHIT.

Anyway, back to topic... (I am a little drunk
lendll
+16|6450
Thx for the responses guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, I *assumed* people will be able to read everything I typed, cuz(because!!!) that's how we speak in Quake 2 haha. I thought all gamers shared the same type of divergent language that I was speaking in:)

Anyways, thank you JimmyBotswana and JG1567JG for defining those initials for me, that's a big help! "Squad hopping" is hilarious.

As you say spearhead, I HOPE bf2142 turns out to be a minor alternative to bf2, rather than a complete replacement for it, as it looks like to me:/ The more I play bf2, the more I discover its wonderous DEPTHS of gameplay that is simply incredible!!!  Thank you for the server too:p

As for the bugs, yea, earlier this year I used to crash to the desktop, but it never deterred me from playing.  Bf2 really owns like that, in my opinion:)

For those who think this poll was a bit limited, sorry. This is my first game-related poll, and I'm not exactly a community expert or anything like that, lol.

Once again, thank you for your responses, help, and votes guys!!!!!! Keep on voting!!!!!!!!:p

l8r;)

*edit* hey, I have a question:) Is br score taken before or after the x2 win bonus? TY:p

Last edited by lendll (2006-09-17 22:08:14)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6456|Brisbane, Australia

lendll wrote:

*edit* hey, I have a question:) Is br score taken before or after the x2 win bonus? TY:p
its taken after the 2x bonus
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
BMW330i
Banned
+20|6480|Montreal, Canada
That is the wrong question.

The right question is how bad Quake Wars is going to kill BF2.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6803|Bulgaria
I will continue with BF2 - this is a great game and still has a long life to live, hehe
As for the BF2142 AKA "Star Wars" - no, thanks, the very idea sux and I won't buy this game, I am not interested at all!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6806|Singapore

lendll wrote:

What if you was some kid coming from a 3rd world country, and saw bf2 for the first time. Imagine the smile on your face as you first flew a f-35b low over Dalian plant. Awesome, right?
Nope. Not awesome.

I'd be pretty fucking pissed off with the J10s raping the carrier and blowing me out of the air like I was nothing at all.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6806|Singapore

Dolphin dive: Run and jump, going into prone position in midair, hitting the ground for a second, and repeat. Staying almost permanently in the prone position while moving forward quickly.
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6552|Forest Lake, Australia
Other

BF2142 will flop
lendll
+16|6450

BMW330i wrote:

That is the wrong question.

The right question is how bad Quake Wars is going to kill BF2.
I shoulda definitely put that question in the post. Too late though:p

My pov is, Quake Wars is in essense going to be the old enemy territory with vehicles and hovercrafts. So, the same linearity in gameplay. HOWEVER, bf2's gameplay is by nature DYNAMIC, which makes bf2>>>ET:QW even before(!) quake wars comes out:D Plus, I also find bf2's graphics better than Quake 4's, which is based off the same engine quake wars is going to be made off. So that's another point for bf2:p
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6776|The Netherlands
Say "NO" to StarWars
PlaneWhore
+59|6782
BF2 is a far better game than BF2142... trust me. I've played the BF2142 and the only thing that game has going for it is the unlocking/kit selection system (which is nothing all that special but better than BF2) and titan mode. The infantry combat is sluggish and dumb downed. The weapons are all spray and pray. The vehicles are ridiculously easy to kill making them next to useless. That doesn't mean BF2142 isn't going to sell copies though and I'm sure BF2 will take a "population" hit on the order of about 20-30% for the first couple weeks. But I'm not going to buy it (because of the ads and the inferior gameplay) and I think the majority of BF2 fans will find the 2142 gameplay ever bit as dissapointing as I did.
JovesApples
+4|6470|USA
im interested in 2142, but im still on the fence about it.

i think ill wait and see the first reviews come in if i can resist the impulse buy,

i agree its too soon for 2142, ive only been playing BF2 for 4-5 months, and ive already bought a copy of vanilla, deluxe, and AF and am contemplating grabbing EF soon just to be a completist.

i would like to play 2142 to get in on it from day 1, and for the unlocks

i highly doubt 2142 is gonna affect BF2 very much at all, they will probably release at least 2 more boosters for BF2 i suspect, its not even close to a value priced game yet

i think comparing 2142 to BFV is valid, more players than SF but less than BF2

moving BF into the future is probably not a smart move, the series is known for recreating real battles, the future is already done and done by games like UT, Quake, HL, Doom, etc etc
JovesApples
+4|6470|USA
err, i forgot to mention NWN2 comes out on the same day as 2142,

there is another serious time killer i might not be able to resist

lendll
+16|6450

JG1567JG wrote:

lendll
Just wondering where you got the 25,000 poll number at.  I am quite sure there is more than that playing.
Sup;)

I got the number from here: http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

It's actually less people than before:/ I heard last year that there was like 50,000 people playin bf2 around the time it came out, but a lot of people dropped off because of the steep system requirements and such. Sux, eh? Counter strike has about 50,000 players right now, which is undeniable, but bf2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cs man!!!!!! I wonder what's so special about cs. *Bf2* IS that special game:)

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

lendll wrote:

its taken after the 2x bonus
Thanks TimmmmaaaaH=)))

One thing I saw in a dice interview about bf2142 is how they implemented more of a need to use team/squad work than in bf2. To me, the best thing about battlefield 2 is working with a full squad with at least *some* of them having mics, and a *good* squad leader who gives orders. Better yet, a squad leader who seems to know the battlefield! I just wish much more people realised the fun/effectiveness of working in a squad TOGETHER, instead of half the team lonewolfing, lol. I reckon the greater need for team/squad work in bf2142 might turn off the newbs, which in turn might keep bf2142's population from growing, hehe;)

Once again, thank you for your votes guys!!! Keep them and your opinions coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit*

PlaneWhore wrote:

BF2 is a far better game than BF2142... trust me.  The infantry combat is sluggish and dumb downed. The weapons are all spray and pray. The vehicles are ridiculously easy to kill making them next to useless.
Yea, in the interview I saw, I think Dice said they did this intentionally so the team would realize that they need to back up and work with the vehicles (like in real life, Dice says), for it to survive on the battlefield. But who can predict whether people will be down for such ardent teamwork? Or even realize such teamwork is needed? From the interview, the promise of greater teamwork DOES sound like a big pro for bf2142, I guess:) But damn, dumbed down infantry fighting!?!?!? Man, sometimes I fantasize I'm taking part in a BIGGG hollywood war movie when I'm playin on Strike at Karkand, LOL.  I don't wanna lose that:/

Last edited by lendll (2006-09-18 19:37:53)

Phrozenbot
+632|6632|do not disturb

There isn't a whole lot of futuristic stuff about 2142. I mean, how about space colony battles hehehehe. Maybe in an expansion. There is still a lot to be played in BF2. I still have to break in SF a little more, and AF to some point. The PLA maps need to be played a lot more, but until then, I'm content with BF2. Even with all these patches and such I recken', the game is still mighty fine.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6588|England
Bf2 is better than 2142. People will buy 2142, play it for a week and realise they just wasted 30 quid. Its not futuristic, the combat is slow, guns seem to have no accuracy at all and the vehicles are pants.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6559|Winterpeg, Canada
I'm gonna pick up another copy of bf1942, and the bf2+sf package for my little bro, then we'll game together.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6762|The Island of Carls Jr.
I try to be a pessimist with 2142, it seems just like the best mod for BF2. If it was then thatll be pretty awesome, but its a whole new game, it doesnt seems that special. My second reason for pessimism is that when it totally kicks ass, Ill be like "ZOMG WTF THSI GAME PNWS TEH SHEIT!!!!1!!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard