EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6692
Hmm, i've got a G15 here. Reason I bought it was because my donkey years old keyboard was rather naff and I had the money to burn, so went for the best I could find.

I've rarely if ever used the macro keys, infact.. the only game I think I used macros on was GTA San Andreas for the stupid exercise stuff.

The LCD however is great, with stuff like BF2 LCD it's a godsend.

Would be little point in playing BF2 if I can't use my keyboard.
JovesApples
+4|6493|USA
yea but those macros i am seeing are pretty lame and unbalance things, if you have skills you dont need them and if you dont use them its crap to be subjected to them in an online game
warlord2000ad
+11|6606

DrunkFace wrote:

warlord2000ad wrote:

In addtion peopel will say SF came with a $15 G15 rebate, meaning EA supports it. I would say that is not true, and probably at the time SF was released the ROE was endorsed by BF2RS not EA.
Huh what are you talking about... rebate?
You sure this was just not a store thing? Because if it was supported by EA it definatly wasn't global.
Many people got a G15 after getting SF, as it came with a rebate. Its been mentioned several times before. As it was $15 i assume it was USA only.

Heres a message from logitech

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … p;start=30

LogitechSupport wrote:

Dear [name removed],

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Support.

I appreciate the time that you have taken to contact us with your feedback regarding the G15 keyboard and Battlefield 2 game. The information that you have provided is considered useful and constructive. It will be passed on to the appropriate area for analysis.

If you would like to send your feedback or suggestions to Logitech in regards to the product, please click on the link given below. You need to then scroll down to continue over to the next page where you can enter in your comments.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?CONTE … nguageid=1

Regarding your refund, yes, you can refund on your device if the situation arise. You would have to contact us via phone since we (email support) do not handle refund issues.

Should you have any further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for choosing Logitech.

Sincerely,

Nicole
Logitech Customer Support
www.Logitech.com/support

In United States 702-269-3457
In Canada 416-207-2782
Business Hours:
6:00AM – 6:00PM PST Monday-Friday
Customer ([name removed]) 09/10/2006 10:32 AM
Hi,

There seems to be some discussion between EA (Electronic Arts Inc.) and Punk Buster, an Anti-cheat program used by Battlefield 2, to disable the Logitech Profiler while playing Battlefield 2 based on an assumption that the use of Macros are cheats. The discussion I am referencing is here:

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=29271

Since I purchased my G15 using a rebate that shipped with Battlefield 2 with the understanding that I would be able to use all of the features built into the G15 with Battlefield 2, I am curios as to what Logitech’s position is on this. If EA moves forward with limiting the use of the G15 will there be a refund available since I can no longer use my Logitech product in the advertised manner which I based my purchasing decision on?

Thank you,

[name removed]
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6634|Iceland
i just tried my macro for 1.4 for the first time, and i didnt get banned it wasnt bunny hopping it was just solopiloting, but i prefeer me old way, keyboard.
Dex Luther
+32|6478|Canukastan

Defiance wrote:

And the retarded whining noobs win again!

Fuck you cruel world!
The retarded noobs are the ones that have to automate their movement because they don't have the brain cells to keep up with pressing the keys themselves.

If you didn't have to cheat to win, then you wouldn't be upset.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-09-18 15:44:53)

[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6548

Colony wrote:

BabySpinach wrote:

Kanye North wrote:

if volx is reading this, haha faggot.

Yes, thats actually him.
Wow that made me want to vomit.   That guy sucks.
Phrozenbot
+632|6656|do not disturb

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

When PB starts dictating what hardware you can use they are gonna loose their customers.
No, they might tight them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard