Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6503|Sydney, Australia
I would like to ask what can be constituted prone spamming and bunny hopping.

I go prone whenever I'm versing off against someone because firstly the gun becomes more accurate and secondly it leaves a smaller area for the enemy to hit, improving your chances of winning the one on one.

I jump around when I'm reloading to avoid the enemy's fire, or when someone's shooting at me and I can't see where they are. I think it's just stupid to say that for the point of being less annoying, I won't jump and just be a sitting duck to whoever's shooting at me.

Do these two count as prone spamming and bunny hopping?
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6449|A drop house
I go prone whenever I'm versing off against:: No that is not prone spaming.Altho im not 100% sure on that one

I jump around when I'm reloading to avoid the enemy's fire, or when someone's shooting at me and I can't see :: yes that is bunny hopping try taking cover.

Last edited by N.A.T.O (2006-09-17 00:38:39)

Vub
The Power of Two
What do you do if you're out in the open and you see an enemy tank rolling your way? Do you:

bunny hop to cover,
sprint in a zig zag line to cover,
sprint in a beeline for cover,
walk calmly to cover,
stand perfectly still and hope the tank driver thinks you are a building or crate of some sort?

And what if there is no cover to be found? Is bunny hopping justified in that case?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

If you were a real soldier and a tank was rolling down the street with the intention of killing you, would you jump like a maniac for cover? Fuck no! You'd sprint like a mad fuck - and faster than he guys in BF2 do as well.
That's the only problem with bunnyhopping, not that it's harder to hit the 'offender', but because it takes away from the reality and intensity of the game.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6546|Internetfitlerland

Well said Ty.
X3M*Selkie
+13|6586|Belgium
Could not have said it better then Ty.

Anyway. Your hopping when reloading is considered 'bunnyhopping' and is not only noobish, it won't help you either. I prefer playing sniper and I love bunnyhoppers, they are predictable and easy targets. Even when I play other classes, bunnyhoppers have rarely won.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6558|EUtopia | Austria
If you see a bunnyhopper, keep calm. He will one time also have to look for you and that is your chance. Still, you can hit him in the air, since there's a certain area which parts of his body will never leave! (Either you score a headshot straight away or you'll hit his feet where he doesn't have any body armour, so he will be down pretty quick).

The only thing I hate is when bunnyhoppers draw your attention while others attack you from somewhere else. That's really annoying.

Last edited by Stormscythe (2006-09-17 03:19:58)

Vub
The Power of Two

Ty wrote:

If you were a real soldier and a tank was rolling down the street with the intention of killing you, would you jump like a maniac for cover? Fuck no! You'd sprint like a mad fuck - and faster than he guys in BF2 do as well.
That's the only problem with bunnyhopping, not that it's harder to hit the 'offender', but because it takes away from the reality and intensity of the game.
Yeah, I agree, but being able to survive to fight another day, even though you look like a complete idiot whilst doing so, seems better than getting killed. Maybe to very experienced players, bunny hoppers are no problem, but really, in most cases they give you more chance of living than just sprinting for cover.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard