mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6762|d

Poseidon wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Poseidon:  An example of what you're talking about?
lol, are you kidding? I've seen so much racism towards jews just for being jews and christians for not being muslims for so long. It's not that they (Palestineans in this case) don't like Israelis, they don't like the entire jewish race. Oh, but when somebody says a simple statement about their culture and its violent ways, ZONOZ OUTRAGE.

Edit: Here's an example of it. They teach their kids to hate, but when someone makes a statement about their religion, again, ZONOZ...

mafia996630 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, when the pope says this the muslims are outraged, but when you see the arabs who make fun of Jews or Christians, oh, it's fine for them and none of the other muslims are mad.

To those hypocritical muslims (Not all, but the ones who allow the making fun of other religions):
You what ?

As far as i know it was Iran that had the whole contest about drawing a cartoon which offends the jews, not the Christians. And they are called Iranians not arabs. A lot of Muslims around the world said they should not do it. SO its only a small number of people.
I'm not talking about that. ALL of those extremists hate Christians, Catholics, Jews, Buddhists, etc. They'll destroy a Buddha statue and in fact have destroyed them for the sole fact that it isn't their religion.
Palestinians have the right to hate isreal, and if they feel right relating jewish people to isreal, then they can hate them as well.

I have never heard of christians being hated for not being muslims, provide some support for that statement.

ITS WAS THE FUKIN POPE (not offence to the pope in any way) that said it. Its not the same coming from the pope as it is coming from some guy down the pub.

EDIT: Yea they probz do, don't blame them.

I don't think they hate christians, cathloics, buddhists, etc. maybe jews because they relate them to isreal.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2006-09-16 13:29:17)

Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6488|Kamloops, BC Canada
The world doesn't need a pope... well I don't anyways...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

mafia996630 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Poseidon:  An example of what you're talking about?
lol, are you kidding? I've seen so much racism towards jews just for being jews and christians for not being muslims for so long. It's not that they (Palestineans in this case) don't like Israelis, they don't like the entire jewish race. Oh, but when somebody says a simple statement about their culture and its violent ways, ZONOZ OUTRAGE.

Edit: Here's an example of it. They teach their kids to hate, but when someone makes a statement about their religion, again, ZONOZ...

mafia996630 wrote:

You what ?

As far as i know it was Iran that had the whole contest about drawing a cartoon which offends the jews, not the Christians. And they are called Iranians not arabs. A lot of Muslims around the world said they should not do it. SO its only a small number of people.
I'm not talking about that. ALL of those extremists hate Christians, Catholics, Jews, Buddhists, etc. They'll destroy a Buddha statue and in fact have destroyed them for the sole fact that it isn't their religion.
Palestinians have the right to hate isreal, and if they feel right relating jewish people to isreal, then they can hate them as well.

I have never heard of christians being hated for not being muslims, provide some support for that statement.

ITS WAS THE FUKIN POPE (not offence to the pope in any way) that said it. Its not the same coming from the pope as it is coming from some guy down the pub.

EDIT: Yea they probz do, don't blame them.

I don't think they hate christians, cathloics, buddhists, etc. maybe jews because they relate them to isreal.
I understand it's the pope, but still.

lol, do you remember the other week when he (Al Qaeda's second in command) told all of america to convert to islam or face consequences? Yeah, he's telling a mostly christian/catholic race to convert or die. That's predjudice for you. I can't believe you've never seen them calling "any non muslim an infidel".

That's the thing (concerning israel). You can't blame an entire race for something that a country has done. You know what, if they simply hated israelis, I wouldn't care. But since they take it out on an ENTIRE race, no, it's predjudice and simply that. We can't make fun of and criticize the muslim religion, but it's okay for them to teach their kids to hate all jews? Yeah. Totally.

Israel does not equal every jew in the world.

Last edited by Poseidon (2006-09-16 14:22:52)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6762|d
No i haven't seen that. i guess many of these extremists do call for the deaths of non-Muslims.
Anyway there is noting offence about "infidal" all it means is:.

a person who does not believe in your particular religion, denomination or religious tradition. Similar to "Unbeliever" but more of a "snarl" word.

I do agree, you cant blame an entire race, that's why i hate isreal. But these people have been getting screwed for very long by an army which is mainly jewish, they see JEWS when they look at isreal. Still don't think you can blame them for hating jews. Yes they are prejudice according to our standards. Their is no "we", you can criticize the Muslim religion all you want, the whole bf2s forum can do it for all i give a shit, but when it comes to the pope, you would expect him to have a bit more patience.

TO them isreal=jews.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

mafia996630 wrote:

No i haven't seen that. i guess many of these extremists do call for the deaths of non-Muslims.

a person who does not believe in your particular religion, denomination or religious tradition. Similar to "Unbeliever" but more of a "snarl" word.

I do agree, you cant blame an entire race, that's why i hate isreal. But these people have been getting screwed for very long by an army which is mainly jewish, they see JEWS when they look at isreal. Still don't think you can blame them for hating jews. Yes they are prejudice according to our standards. Their is no "we", you can criticize the Muslim religion all you want, the whole bf2s forum can do it for all i give a shit, but when it comes to the pope, you would expect him to have a bit more patience.

TO them isreal=jews.
But that's ridiculous. I don't see Iraq as every muslim, even though most of the country IS muslim.

And you hate israel for blaming an entire race? lol I don't see them telling their kids to hate palestineans on TV :S..

Before I became an athiest I was jewish, and the main rabbi at the temple I went to always used to pray for peace in israel with palestineans, and said that the school children would do the same (when he lived there). You may think they're preaching hate, but that's not true, they do infact just want to live in peace with the palestineans. but now we're getting off topic, let's stay on the topic of this.
Lisik
+74|6500|Israel
50 000 Palestinians yesterday burn 5 churches in Gaza strip and Shhem, also theyr religion leader say that "soon whole Jerusalem will be down the halifat", "soon Jerusalem will be capital city of halifat" "jihad to these who insult islam" etc etc etc

https://www.isra.com/lit/i/0906/1158428546.jpg

https://www.isra.com/lit/i/0906/1158428562.jpg
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
He should reiterate what he said, not back down, for it is true.
PRiMACORD
+190|6624|Home of the Escalade Herds
How many weapons have been invented by Muslims.
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6529|Sydney, in 1978

PRiMACORD wrote:

none, because there too busy blowing each other up
Lisik
+74|6500|Israel
oh and some off top note:

palestenians terror (aka intifada al-aqsa) starts not becouse of israeli ocupation!!! it starts becouse religion!!!

the main idea of intifada al-aqsa was to not let the non-muslems visit in mosque Al-Aqsa!!!
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6645

PRiMACORD wrote:

Another irrelevant argument brought to you by PRiMACORD. Surprised? I'm not.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Lisik, I fixed the picture and added a comment...enjoy

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/lolangryjihad.jpg
Lisik
+74|6500|Israel

PRiMACORD wrote:

one! its suicide bomber!
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6529|Sydney, in 1978

Lisik wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

one! its suicide bomber!
actually the vietnamese done that during the vietnam war, however i think they were called "sappers" back then, witch goes to show they cant think if any original ideas
Lisik
+74|6500|Israel

Mongoose wrote:

Lisik wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

one! its suicide bomber!
actually the vietnamese done that during the vietnam war, however i think they were called "sappers" back then, witch goes to show they cant think if any original ideas
word assassin say u something?
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6557

mafia996630 wrote:

Yes iam sure everyone has heard this story, and those who haven't (http://www.itv.com/news/world_5cbae3408 … e48d0.html). This is what he said:

"He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached'."

Discuss.

I think it was a very bad idea saying this after the whole cartoon thing, and in general, remarks about such a sensitive subject should have been left for another day. And the whole intended thing is bullshit, how can you say for example "i hate all black people", and then say "i intended to say, i hate all black people who commit crimes" (i know it was not that direct but still).

On a side note, just want to say good luck to cpt.fass1. Peace man.
I disagree with the Pope but he has a point. Althought the vast majority of muslims are peace loving people there are still some problems. Women are treated as second class citizens, foreigners are kidnapped and killed routinely, and hate is preached to the youth under the cover of religion. Most of the middle east is in such a sorry state that all these people can do is hate others for their prediciment instead of trying to help themselves. In Iraq for example, they want Americans out butthey could have worked with America and helped construct a democracy and we could have left long ago but instead they chose to fight and because of that we are still there.
Altophish
+8|6499
So OK, I looked into just a bit because I got curious.  I'm rather agnostic so this is just an outside look.

After the Pope quoted the emperor, he basically said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Damn, that's harsh."
He uses the word "brusque" but it means the same thing.
That doesn't sound to me like he is pointing a finger at anyones religion. 
He is actually defending it. (Kind of)  He is referring to the comments made by Paleologos II.

This entire scenario is some idiot using PART of what someone said to cause grief and spread hatred.
Don't buy into it.
PRiMACORD
+190|6624|Home of the Escalade Herds

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Another irrelevant argument brought to you by PRiMACORD. Surprised? I'm not.
Coming from a guy so depressed in real life that he cares about an online forums karma system.

Excuse me while i don't give a shit.

ATG wrote:

He should reiterate what he said, not back down, for it is true.
It's unfortunate that the Muslims are so intolerant and they misinterpret the Pope's speech. I really think its that intolerance that makes them ignore all rational faculties and lash out at the slightest semblance of conflict. You could perpetuate it by misconstruing it yourself. It's quite obvious that the Pope was simply giving a history lesson including that quote. If you quote Hitler does that make you a Nazi all of a sudden ? I don't believe he agrees or holds the beliefs of the crusaders or holds any ill will towards Islam. It's simply a history quote taken out of context and blown out of proportion.

If this teaches anything I think it is the intolerance and hatred allways at the surface of many arabs.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

Lisik wrote:

oh and some off top note:

palestenians terror (aka intifada al-aqsa) starts not becouse of israeli ocupation!!! it starts becouse religion!!!

the main idea of intifada al-aqsa was to not let the non-muslems visit in mosque Al-Aqsa!!!
Get real Lisik. The main cause of the most recent intifada is the fact that the war criminal shitbag of a corpse in waiting, Ariel Sharon, visited the Dome of the Rock. Would you like it if Heinrich Himmler visited Yad Vashem? Get real Lisik, please.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-09-17 03:32:33)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6762|d

Poseidon wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

TO them isreal=jews.
But that's ridiculous. I don't see Iraq as every muslim, even though most of the country IS muslim.

And you hate israel for blaming an entire race? lol I don't see them telling their kids to hate palestineans on TV :S..

Before I became an athiest I was jewish, and the main rabbi at the temple I went to always used to pray for peace in israel with palestineans, and said that the school children would do the same (when he lived there). You may think they're preaching hate, but that's not true, they do infact just want to live in peace with the palestineans. but now we're getting off topic, let's stay on the topic of this.
So what religion do you first think off when u think Iraq ?

i hate isreal for many reasons. Because signing bombs is what they do (the kids).

Peace can't be reached while isreal is occupying lands and killing so many people. And yes we are getting of topic, but its kol.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2006-09-17 03:41:18)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6762|d
Lisik THIS IS THE "debate and serious talk section"  WE GIVE SOURCES HERE. SOunds like bullshit to me.

Fancy_Pollux do yourself a favor and piss off.

So OK, I looked into just a bit because I got curious.  I'm rather agnostic so this is just an outside look.

After the Pope quoted the emperor, he basically said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Damn, that's harsh."
He uses the word "brusque" but it means the same thing.
That doesn't sound to me like he is pointing a finger at anyones religion.
He is actually defending it. (Kind of)  He is referring to the comments made by Paleologos II.

This entire scenario is some idiot using PART of what someone said to cause grief and spread hatred.
Don't buy into it.
Sounds like your just trying to find a way to justify what he said. sad. It was the WHOLE media, channel 5. sky, cnn etc, not some idiot.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6762|d

Mongoose wrote:

Lisik wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

one! its suicide bomber!
Stop contradicting yourself. Here i was thinking maybe, JUST MAYBE they invented one weapon.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Mongoose wrote:

Lisik wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

one! its suicide bomber!
What do you mean? They used mines more then suicide bombs as far as I know.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Lisik
+74|6500|Israel
today 2 more churches where burned, what is already 4!

http://news.walla.co.il/?w=//976281 its on Hebrew but its your problem that your news sources doesn't post it!

btw the churches wasn't even catholic!

oh and Poe... before asking me about Nazi visit yad vashem, make google search and watch how much Nazis already visited it!

add: and to back to top.... Pope was completely right!

Last edited by Lisik (2006-09-17 04:13:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard