IC_Draconis
+9|6760
So...everybody was complaining about loosing connection to servers....including me. Finally I solved my problem and BF2 is running like in the "old" days.

I checked every port setting on my router, turned off firewall, tried everything and it still lost connection.

I did a little "research" and found that it's the stupid PUNKBUSTER!!!

Normally it auto-updates itself...but sometimes not.

So go to Punkbuster's site, read that page, download the "pbsetup" pogram and let it update your files for BF2.

It fixed everything for me.

The setup file is here:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Hope that will help for you too:)
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6779
IT helps a little i noticed. I did that the other day, but my connection only works good from say 2 or 3 am till about 10 or 11 am if its not the weekends. its just where i live theres nothing i can do about it.

BTW I live in orlando, fl=no internet backbone and alot of ppl =ping lagg.
IC_Draconis
+9|6760
Hmmm...what to say...I'm not an internet provider nor did I promised to solve bandwith issues:)

I don't know what to say about your problem. This topic is ment to be to those people who couldn't find the reason on loosing connection, while every settings seems to be fine.

On the other hand thanks for the feedback on the Punkbuster issue.
pasthebiscuits
+2|6866|Redcar, England
updating punkbuster didnt solve it for me still random loss of connection with or without firewall/router and i have a 2mb ntl cable connection, ive heard there may be an issue running a dual core amd which i am at the mo....
IC_Draconis
+9|6760
Yes. You have to disable one of your CPU while playing BF2.

You knew it right.
pasthebiscuits
+2|6866|Redcar, England
so could you tell me how i disable a processor, is it in the bios settings?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6878
by IC_Draconis if this works you can beat the crap out of my jaguar for one week

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard