SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6732|USA
I sell quite a bit of PC parts on EBay and have noticed lately that there are a lot of people putting Battlefield 2 accounts up for sale. To my understanding this against the EA TOS and in my opinion just morally wrong. I noticed one this morning for a 4 star General.

Mod Edit:  Please do not post eBay advertisements, even for illustration purposes ... advertising is not permitted on BF2s.

This just looks like a scam. Just wanted to know everyone's opinion on this growning problem?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6669
I'd never risk that much money on something so worthless in the first place, and if I was to buy e-goods online I'd make sure that I can personally beat the guy up should he scam me before buying.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6458|Stealth City, UK

SFCCDailey wrote:

I sell quite a bit of PC parts on EBay and have noticed lately that there are a lot of people putting Battlefield 2 accounts up for sale. To my understanding this against the EA TOS and in my opinion just morally wrong. I noticed one this morning for a 4 star General.

This just looks like a scam. Just wanted to know everyone's opinion on this growning problem?
It is against the EA policy, but people get around it by selling a 'really funny joke + a free bf2 account'.

I know its stupid but thats how they do it legally!
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6689|Australia
How funny that theyve even added the link to the EA "terms of Service"
jsnipy
+3,276|6538|...

SFCCDailey wrote:

Definately against the TOS (and cheesy)...But  "morally" wrong? Is ur compass spinning out of control?

btw .. Have u ever gone over the speed limit (which is an actual law, in some places) ?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6714

I don't care, it's their account.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6732|USA

jsnipy wrote:

SFCCDailey wrote:

This just looks like a scam. Just wanted to know everyone's opinion on this growing problem?
Definitely against the TAOS (and cheesy)...But  "morally" wrong? Is ur compass spinning out of control?

btw .. Have u ever gone over the speed limit (which is an actual law, in some places) ?
Would you actually "want" to play with an account that someone else put over 2000 hours in? Yes, morally it's bullshit! How can you have fun or feel any amount of accomplishment when you didn't earn one single medal or ribbon on the account. Personally I would rather earn it myself.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6587|England
Its not a growing problem and its not morally wrong. So what if some rich kid gets too be a 4 star general? Its like when you get a really good game and then get a cheat for it, its fun for a week and then the games ruined because you have nothing to play for. Most generals are shit anyway because a) there kills are 80% vehicles and b) they are therefor mediocre at best when on foot. Not always but more often then not. Most generals ive played againt are pro dolphin divers (yes you can still do it) with a g36e, which aint that impressive.
']['error
Banned
+630|6660|The Netherlands
care
jsnipy
+3,276|6538|...

SFCCDailey wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

SFCCDailey wrote:

This just looks like a scam. Just wanted to know everyone's opinion on this growing problem?
Definitely against the TAOS (and cheesy)...But  "morally" wrong? Is ur compass spinning out of control?

Would you actually "want" to play with an account that someone else put over 2000 hours in? Yes, morally it's bullshit! How can you have fun or feel any amount of accomplishment when you didn't earn one single medal or ribbon on the account. Personally I would rather earn it myself.
I dunno its a game ... i think if someone was dumb enough to buy an account then they should deal with the false sense of accomplishment ... nature punishes those who take shortcuts ...
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6787|Rotherham, England
can,t personally see whats wrong with selling you're account, especially if ome mug is gonna buy it!

btw it's this a/c thats on ebay, currently @ $51.00

http://bf2s.com/player/44252000/
brett f
+8|6619|Upstate SC
they do the same thing with WoW , Galaxies that I have seen.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6607|Your attic
Well if your quiting BF2 then I can't see any problem with seeling your account, if someones willing to pay £100+ for something your not going to use again then whats the point in holding onto it.....
Dex Luther
+32|6454|Canukastan

Towelly wrote:

Well if your quiting BF2 then I can't see any problem with seeling your account, if someones willing to pay £100+ for something your not going to use again then whats the point in holding onto it.....
The point is the account isn't "yours." Like the OP said. It's against EA TOS. Anyone that's played any MMORPG knows this (it's most rampant in these types of games). Selling any ingame items or accounts is against the TOS you sign when you sign up. Therefor it's against the law.

Not to mention it makes the ranking system even more useless than it already is due to stat padders.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6732|USA
Did you notice on his account "Strike at Karkand 1351:17:13  and Armor 609:01:38" that explains his score. But It doesn't look to me like he has stat padded or cheated.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6722|Antarctica
Just ask yourself, who would be stupid enough to buy one?
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6524
The only thing rank does is make other avatars running around in the virtual world look at you and say "wow that guy should go outside and see the sun".   I don't think I would pay for that.  I COULD see though, that someone with a lot of money to burn wants all the unlocks so he buys one with 50,000 points or something.

Last edited by [mcp]eltorrente (2006-09-15 11:18:38)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6613|Seattle

https://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/73f5006bb5.jpg
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
jsnipy
+3,276|6538|...

SFCCDailey wrote:

Did you notice on his account "Strike at Karkand 1351:17:13  and Armor 609:01:38" that explains his score. But It doesn't look to me like he has stat padded or cheated.
lol. Can you imagine some poor fool buying an account just to have it reset

WTF is everybody so hard on Karkand/Armor .. if you been playing form the beginning thats what most people played ...
SGT.Slayero
+98|6481|Life in a vacuum sucks
IRONCHEF
+385|6507|Northern California
I don't think giving or selling your BF2 account to someone is wrong..in this game.  There is NO real advantage do gameplay by doing this...except for unlocks which you can all but get by the time your an LT (or there abouts).  In other games where a game account actually will have varying levels of skill, items, cash, weaponry, etc..THAT is morally wrong.  Besides, the only revenue generated is in the client.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6732|USA

jsnipy wrote:

SFCCDailey wrote:

WTF is everybody so hard on Karkand/Armor .. if you been playing form the beginning thats what most people played ...
I love Karkand too! Karkand and Warlord are my favorite maps and I have the most time in them. Plus I love Armor so I play it allot. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I pointed it out to show that he's probably gotten his points that way and not by stat padding or cheating.
jsnipy
+3,276|6538|...

SFCCDailey wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

SFCCDailey wrote:

I love Karkand too! Karkand and Warlord are my favorite maps and I have the most time in them. Plus I love Armor so I play it allot. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I pointed it out to show that he's probably gotten his points that way and not by stat padding or cheating.
Sorry if i sounded like an ahole
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6732|USA

jsnipy wrote:

SFCCDailey wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Sorry if i sounded like an ahole
You didn't at all. The way I wrote that could have been taken as I was against people playing Karkand. I just wanted to clarify what I meant.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6748|Germany, near Koblenz
Why not?

The buyer has no real advantage in the game, so it's not unfair to all the other players. I would not like to miss any of the drum rolls, but I can imagine that somebody is interested in starting with all unlocks or just to jump over the gap between 20K and 50K.

The seller recieves a lousy hourly wage, so we'll never see acounts produced just for selling. Think of a "Pro" with an extraordinary SPM of 10. To sell an 50K account even this guy would have to spend 83.3 hrs and will be able to earn some 20 Euros - what a deal!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard