mattajohnstone
+15|6794
is there any ranked servers up with great wall no vehicles 24/7 with the new 1.4?
if not i could prob get my clan to change it over to that...
anyone like the idea and would be up for a game if this goes ahead?
THE RUSKIE
+19|6449|UK but from Russia(StP)
yeah man, great wall is an awesome map, so if it will be IO me and mu clan "N)@(M" will be up for it...
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6812|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Excellent idea.
mattajohnstone
+15|6794
cool thxs guys
just checked and not one ranked IO great wall map of any size map!
hopefully this sever if i get the go ahead which probs will might bring back peoples love for EF
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

Awesome! Although, IO sucks tbh. Its gona be a bastard running from the CP's into the wall compound itself....
Every map needs the vehicles to balance it out - thats how they were designed. But hell, GW is a great map. Be nice to see a server running it so I can spend some more time on it.
mattajohnstone
+15|6794

Snake wrote:

Awesome! Although, IO sucks tbh. Its gona be a bastard running from the CP's into the wall compound itself....
Every map needs the vehicles to balance it out - thats how they were designed. But hell, GW is a great map. Be nice to see a server running it so I can spend some more time on it.
i not sure which map size to go for the 16 or the 32?
https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/BF2/GW_16p_MP.jpg
or
https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/BF2/GW_32p.jpg

post which you would prefer as i dont mind
like snake said long way to run on 32 but the 32 would last longer...

Last edited by mattajohnstone (2006-09-14 10:00:46)

seraphite86
+1|6479|Florida
Sixteen player for more frequent fire fights. Like already stated, players would have to run cross country on the 32 player variant just to get to one point and that wouldn't be too fun.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6698
16 player deff.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6737|Peoria, Illinois
16 player is fun on most IO maps. Even Gulf of Oman was fun on 16 player. The less running to get to the action, the better the game. And 64 slots is way too much for IO. It's a huge grenade fest. 24-32 slots keep it at a happy medium for good teamwork. Also set it up to run 10 maps in a row before loading again. 16 player goes quick. That way we aren't loading as much as we are playing.

Throw out an IP for this Great Wall server. I'd love to play it tonight.

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-09-14 10:16:37)

mattajohnstone
+15|6794
right the server is now on ef great wall IO
i no its dumb but im only allowed to put it on 32 size map for 32 people as it is in the terms of having a ranked server even tho so many people do it. we cant afford to lose the ranked server howeva small the change.

so get joining
85.236.181.61:17067
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6737|Peoria, Illinois

mattajohnstone wrote:

i no its dumb but im only allowed to put it on 32 size map for 32 people as it is in the terms of having a ranked server even tho so many people do it. we cant afford to lose the ranked server howeva small the change.

so get joining
Why would your provider care what map size you use?
mattajohnstone
+15|6794

M1-Lightning wrote:

mattajohnstone wrote:

so get joining
Why would your provider care what map size you use?
its not the map size but the players on the map size i.e 32 players on a 16 map size or 64 player on a 32 or 16 payer map
mattajohnstone
+15|6794
not sure if any of you joined but i got my 100 ina round for EF with 114 had great teamwork to and the map wasnt to bad to run about on in fact i thought it was just right!

Last edited by mattajohnstone (2006-09-14 13:40:01)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

WOW! Its up and running now?! That was quick. Ill have to check it out tomorrow night since ive been on SF tonight.

I got my 100BRS, 135, on a full 64player GW server ages ago Well done though, but the 16player version is definitly better for quick games and intensive firefights.

I wonder what IO would be like on Smoke Screen.....lmao
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6850|United Kingdom
i would guess like zatar 64...
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6752|The United Center

Raxor wrote:

i would guess like zatar 64...
Best idea EVER!

Someone get an infantry only Zatar 24/7 server up!

Edit: Fuck, I forgot.  I'll definitely play in that IO EF server.

Last edited by ThomasMorgan (2006-09-15 02:39:33)

Angel.C-sq
+24|6694|Computer Chair
Nice, was hoping for a server like this. I will be there.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6552|Doncaster, UK
I'll make a note of the IP and see if I can get in tonight. IO Great Wall sounds like a fun idea.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6798
Count me in tonight.

OSS IO would be a sniper's dream.  Long distances between flags and lots of variation in heights.
mattajohnstone
+15|6794
cya ina there guys!!
Phrozenbot
+632|6621|do not disturb

Snake wrote:

WOW! Its up and running now?! That was quick. Ill have to check it out tomorrow night since ive been on SF tonight.

I got my 100BRS, 135, on a full 64player GW server ages ago Well done though, but the 16player version is definitly better for quick games and intensive firefights.

I wonder what IO would be like on Smoke Screen.....lmao
I saw a server with it 16 players.

Anyways, I remember getting on some server a while a go playing Great Wall and the PLA had some trouble getting into the walls after the EU held it.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6798
I just played four rounds of Great Wall IO size 32.  It wasn't the best ever - as soon as one team or the other caps both spawns inside the wall, it's pretty much game over.  With only two ways in, both can be effectively camped defended.

Wouldn't mind trying 8v8 though, or an over-manned map, that might be better.
Wojo97civic
+5|6456
that would be a good idea, then for sure ill be able to get my 100 points in a round for my euro medal
Phrozenbot
+632|6621|do not disturb

aardfrith wrote:

I just played four rounds of Great Wall IO size 32.  It wasn't the best ever - as soon as one team or the other caps both spawns inside the wall, it's pretty much game over.  With only two ways in, both can be effectively camped defended.

Wouldn't mind trying 8v8 though, or an over-manned map, that might be better.
I'm guessing snipers would have claymored both entrances for the enemy team and sniped them along the way. That's a long walk, and I like the 16 player version suggestion. It's not like the PGZ-95 rapes infantry or anything though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard