sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

deathlyzer wrote:

CameronPoe is an atheist! lol

your Godlessness makes you stupid.
You can't argue with a cast-iron point like that...
Jesus Christ, OMG, Wtf is wrong with you Cameron?  You go now and read some gospels to clean your dirty soul.  I suggest you start with Matthew, great story, missing some F-16s and terrorists, but it's fine.
Not
Great success!
+216|6569|Chandler, AZ

Cold Fussion wrote:

deathlyzer wrote:

Regardless of who is in office, everybody would still hate the US.  So lets put away the Bush card, it's a useless arguement. 

Say 9/11 took place 5 years earlier, during the clinton years.  Everybody would hate clinton, and he would be the reason my milk goes bad and everything else thats wrong. 

Let me rephrase my entire question:

What has the United States done to Islam that would call for this kind of hatred?

Can a real muslim come onto these forums and answer that question for me?
America is the cause of all problems in the middle east.
Oh?

You mean WWI had nothing to do with it? The borders of countries like Iraq and Jordan being cut up by political cartographers in England and France, leaving three religious sects - none of whom cared for each other - with practically nothing, living together in the same countries...didn't have anything to do with it? The trouble in the Middle East has been here for quite a bit longer than you apparently realize.

Churchill said, "I created Jordan with the stroke of a pen on a Wednesday afternoon." And this attitude has no bearing on what's going on today?

Sure America is part of the problem, I think that's obvious. But please try to be intelligent when you speak here. If you know nothing about the history of a region, don't make things up.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6552

Not wrote:

rawls wrote:

Religion is the answer. Everyone walks around pondering there very existence. Why stress over the answer when it can be found in religion. Look at the Bible for what it is. It is a handbook on how to live. People need to follow the life lessons in the Bible to realize the purpose of existence.

"Your ignorance for believeing in religion makes you look stupid. THERE IS NO FUCKING GOD. WE EVOLVED. NO INVISIBLE PASSIVE MAN GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOU."-quoted for retardedness and ignorance.
Yeah....Because believing in "God" isn't ignorant? And retardedness is a word?

Answer this please. We know God is real because the Bible said so. The Bible has to be true because it's God's word. So wouldn't it be true, by your logic, that if I declared myself God right now, and wrote that I was God in some text I produce from my ass, you'd have to believe me?

The Bible is the holy book of one religion, that I'll remind you for a very long time was considered a cult and is still the smallest mainstream religion in terms of believers. That's right. Think about it for five seconds. Christians worship Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is mentioned in older religions as well, but he was a man. A miracle worker, but a man. So to religions like Islam, Christianity clearly worships a false idol, as Jesus was simply a man.

Now let's move on to....no forget it, I'm not typing up a 15 page thesis on how throughout history religion has been used to gain political influence and wealth. You can do your own research on that, believe me there are plenty of facts to back it up.

General religion claims:

God is all knowing

God is all powerful

God is all good

Sadly, the parameters of this imaginary thing conflict each other in a very basic way. One cannot be all powerful and all good. Nor can it be all knowing and all good. Because in order to be "Good" in the sense that God can do no evil, you limit its power. The same applies to knowledge of evil.

You see, if you look back on history up to this point, you'll notice a trend of religion slipping away as science develops. Take medical practice for example. Headaches were once believed to be caused by demons, and holes were drilled into the patients' skulls to release them. Nowadays we have Tylenol, and skull demons have somehow been vanquished.

The gradual shift away from religion isn't because people are becoming more morally corrupt, it's because we're learning more about ourselves. Religion was the answer to many questions that we had no scientific answers for. Now we no longer require it for many things, but a few issues still rely on religion. For example, what happens after we die. This is a question that we may never know, but anything is possible with the advancement of science. You may be skeptical now, but 2000 years ago, do you think anyone thought it realistically possible for human beings to walk on the surface of the moon?

Now before the religious zealots tear this apart and tell me I'm going to Hell (If there is one, I'd hope that's where I'll be. Much more interesting people there I'm sure.) please understand that I'm not against religion. I think it's a wonderful motivator, and there are many things in each religion that I think people should pay attention to in terms of how to treat one another. But when your modern life is dictated by a 2000 year old fairy tale, it's time to wake up.
You need to wake up. This fairy tale has survived two thousand years. In that time it has tried to be proven false. But it survives as strong as ever. Why? Because it is true.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6686|San Francisco
Actuall rawls, I'd say the only reason it survived is because the elements allowing it to be disproven (e.g., intelligence, freethought) were violently oppressed by those living off the spoils of what the 'fairy tale' produced.  Anyone who dissented or questioned was either slain, tortured, or exiled.

There are those that will question and those that will think for themselves, and then there are stupid people/sheep.  As for the "strong as ever" quip, I'd say that it actually is on the decline as modern worldwide intelligence and education is going up.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6552

Marconius wrote:

Actuall rawls, I'd say the only reason it survived is because the elements allowing it to be disproven (e.g., intelligence, freethought) were violently oppressed by those living off the spoils of what the 'fairy tale' produced.  Anyone who dissented or questioned was either slain, tortured, or exiled.

There are those that will question and those that will think for themselves, and then there are stupid people/sheep.  As for the "strong as ever" quip, I'd say that it actually is on the decline as modern worldwide intelligence and education is going up.
You've been reading to much Da Vinci Code. What I find interesting is that as worldwide intelligence and education goes up so does the number of conflicts and crisis. Almost as if people think they know but they really don't.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6686|San Francisco
Says that person who claims that a contradictory belief system built entirely upon the mythology of the nations and cultures before it (plus owes it's spread to the Emperor Constantine in Rome (without him, xtianity would never be as strong as it sadly is today (and No, that indeed is the truth, and is not just some culmination from Dan Brown's writing))).

Yes, yes, we'll leave this off at an impasse.  The idea though is that xtianity has no credibility other than faith in that what is said is true, whereas most modern forms of thought require proof, substance, and recreatable ability.  The length of an idea's existence doesn't necessarily grant it being true, as you so quickly try to entertain.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

Marconius wrote:

You've been reading to much Da Vinci Code. What I find interesting is that as worldwide intelligence and education goes up so does the number of conflicts and crisis. Almost as if people think they know but they really don't.
Thats not true. Conflict is far rarer in regions with more education. Levels of conflict are only up because the population has more than tripled in the past 50 years. There are more people to create conflict, most of those people live in regions with little education available.

More uneducated people, more conflict. Just because there are more educated people too doesn't mean a thing, they tend to only be involved in conflicts to try to help those in countries where there is less education.
jpost8391
+7|6574|chantilly, va

mcminty wrote:

Jbrar wrote:

deathlyzer wrote:

How should the US deal with the problems we face today?

Everybody here seems to have the answer in their backpocket.
Well since the U.S. thinks they are babysitting the world by travelling the middle east, i'd say come back to ur own country and clean up the mess from hurricane katrina, guard the mexican american border, and fix the problem of obesity (dunno how they could, but this is a fucked up thread in the first place).
And America could also sign the Kyoto Protocol, and stop fucking the earth up... but it ain't gonna happen.

Mcminty.
the Kyoto Protocol is a bullshit plan that only plans to punish the US and no other country.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6821

rawls2 wrote:

You need to wake up. This fairy tale has survived two thousand years. In that time it has tried to be proven false. But it survives as strong as ever. Why? Because it is true.
a) Christianity is dieing a horrible death in the UK. Population 60 million, Churchgoing population ~2.5 million
b) For something to be true it has to be proven to be true. Just because you can't prove that Fairies don't exist isn't a reason to believe that they do.
c) Read the old Testament.
d) Actually read all the words and contemplate all the thing going on in the old testament.
e) Re-read the bits with the slavery, rape, murder and genocide all endorsed by god.
f) Decide whether or not this is a good basis for your life.
starkingdoms
+6|6763

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

a) Christianity is dieing a horrible death in the UK. Population 60 million, Churchgoing population ~2.5 million
b) For something to be true it has to be proven to be true. Just because you can't prove that Fairies don't exist isn't a reason to believe that they do.
d) Actually read all the words and contemplate all the thing going on in the old testament.
e) Re-read the bits with the slavery, rape, murder and genocide all endorsed by god.
politicians listen to a solidified group of loud and obnoxious people...

that makes a religion powerful.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6735|Topside

Penetrator_01 wrote:

Take ur heads out of your asses and take a look around! The weathers nice!
WORD!
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6552

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Like has been said before Christianity has had its ugly past. As for Christianity dieng out in the UK; I wonder if there is a direct correlation between that and the Uk not bieng as powerful as it has been when Christianity was big.
Sandriatinhi
+15|6639|Apeldoorn, Holland
In Holland same thing. People leaving church, but still a naive group of (hardcore) christians stay up there.
Same goes for the muslims. Have talked to muslims who does drink alcohol and eat pork. Most do that, but don't tell it cuz of the family or friends. I think the more knowledge, the less believers.
How can u declare that our universe is millions of lightyears big and our "God" can keep an eye on all those planets and solarsystems? Study our universe and you'll discover that everything can be explained.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6821

rawls2 wrote:

Like has been said before Christianity has had its ugly past. As for Christianity dieng out in the UK; I wonder if there is a direct correlation between that and the Uk not bieng as powerful as it has been when Christianity was big.
Nah, it was us giving up on slavery, exploitation and oppression that killed the British empire
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6552

CameronPoe wrote:

Colfax wrote:

Random bible quote since people were talking about it about

Ezekiel 25:17   

I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.' "
LOL. And people talk about how violent Islam is. I love the way all religions are so self-contradictory.
Quote the whole passage. It says those who receive the vengeance are those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother. Newb.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-10-11 16:10:03)

rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6552

Bertster7 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Marconius wrote:

Thats not true. Conflict is far rarer in regions with more education. Levels of conflict are only up because the population has more than tripled in the past 50 years. There are more people to create conflict, most of those people live in regions with little education available.

More uneducated people, more conflict. Just because there are more educated people too doesn't mean a thing, they tend to only be involved in conflicts to try to help those in countries where there is less education.
Just like the US, trying to help those less developed nations.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Just like the US, trying to help those less developed nations.
Sometimes. Like Kosovo. Preventing ethnic cleansing. Hopefully Bush will do something in Darfur.

There are exceptions however, where conflict stems from exploitation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard