nodehopper
+56|6650
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that admins are stacking their team to win on servers lately ?

Seems nearly every server I join I find one side just completely dominating the other. Many times not only are all the good higher ranked players on one side, but also the sides are unbalanced in the number of players per side.

Last night I joined a server at the start of a round and within a few minutes the other team had all the flags and was starting to camp at the uncap. I hit tab and their side had nearly twice as many players. No freakin wonder!! I start typing to even up the sides ...no response.....I start saying how they are doing nothing more than stat padding by stacking one side and I get the response  --  and I quote !!  --  "well you can tell by the way we are ignoring you that we don't care!"

Why is "Auto-Balance" not mandatory ?

I see many servers that consistently stack one side for the win and to camp the opposing team and this is being done by the Admins deliberately. Is anyone else seeing this and how can this be stopped so that those of us who don't own a server can get some good fair and FUN game play?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6580|British Columbia, Canada
Even if Auto-Balance on, the teams can be unbalanced.. if you join a squad, the server will not switch you over..
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6671
vair? vat eez vair?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
sonneillon
+4|6650|where the fuck am i?
Yeah, I use to feel the same way until I found out that there was jack shit to do about it. So....if you can't beat them, join them.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6663|Camoran's Paradise
I don't see so much as numbers being stacked as players' skills.  Often I see one side of almost all officers and

the other has a sergeant as the highest rank.  Guess which team I'm most often stuck on?
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6598|England

nodehopper wrote:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that admins are stacking their team to win on servers lately ?

Seems nearly every server I join I find one side just completely dominating the other. Many times not only are all the good higher ranked players on one side, but also the sides are unbalanced in the number of players per side.

Last night I joined a server at the start of a round and within a few minutes the other team had all the flags and was starting to camp at the uncap. I hit tab and their side had nearly twice as many players. No freakin wonder!! I start typing to even up the sides ...no response.....I start saying how they are doing nothing more than stat padding by stacking one side and I get the response  --  and I quote !!  --  "well you can tell by the way we are ignoring you that we don't care!"

Why is "Auto-Balance" not mandatory ?

I see many servers that consistently stack one side for the win and to camp the opposing team and this is being done by the Admins deliberately. Is anyone else seeing this and how can this be stopped so that those of us who don't own a server can get some good fair and FUN game play?
I agree m8 team stacking and clan stacking suck and shouldnt be allowed Auto-Balance should be on all servers and randomise teams also because it really takes the piss games are over far to quick and it does seem to be like stat padding .
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6663|Camoran's Paradise

LT.Victim wrote:

Even if Auto-Balance on, the teams can be unbalanced.. if you join a squad, the server will not switch you over..
Actually..it will.  At least, it happened to me last night.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6580|British Columbia, Canada

Ganko_06 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

You must have been switched by a admin then..

Server does not switch Commanders, or squad members.. last time i checked..
nodehopper
+56|6650
It isn't the server that switches...It is the server admin...picking and choosing who to switch and who to have on his/her team in order to guarantee the win and a camping party at the enemy base. I have been switched when I was on a squad and when squad leader...so it isn't the server.

I have recently learned that if i shoot down the helicopters 5 or 6 times in a round.....I will get switched over to the side that has MORE / better players !!!

You are thinking about the server auto-balance that switches lone wolf players first.

Last edited by nodehopper (2006-09-14 13:36:17)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6671
Find a decent server, and stick to it. It's your only solution to having a fun and fair game.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6727

Ganko_06 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

it switches lone wolfs first by highest pts.  If there or none then it moves to squad members then squad leaders.  But the Admins can switch you even if Auto-balance or you are in a squad/lead to let one of there friends on the winning side.

You need to be-able to load the maps quickly so you can get in a squad on the right team at the beginning of the round and hope that the admin does not switch you back.  Better yet find a different server. 

I got kicked at the end of a round last night with less than 4 ticks left. Making room for an Admin.  I only get kicked when I am doing good.  Admins are a blessing or a curse.
cabracke
+5|6651|Germany
The only way not to be switched by auto-balance is to be either commander or squad leader. That doesn't save you from those admins, anyway.

Some days ago I was team-switched by an admin because my team with me as commander owned him. Guess who was commander on the winning side after that...
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6645|Warlord

nodehopper wrote:

I don't think it's admins that are doing it but yeah, I've noticed it a lot more just recently for some reason.

nodehopper wrote:

Many times not only are all the good higher ranked players on one side...
That's pretty much to be expected. They've been around long enough to know what to do and they generally care about winning/points more than a typical lower-ranked player.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

vair? vat eez vair?
Squirrel fur

LT.Victim wrote:

It can, it's just uncommon. I believe there's a past thread where a guy mentions he was switched once while commanding. I've definitely been autobalanced as a squad member more than once and I was switched to the losing side just a few days ago and I was a squad leader (I suspected at the time it was done by an admin but I don't know).
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6507|Gogledd Cymru

You can always try out our 64 man server it is always ( nearly always) full after 6 pm gmt and we have autobalance on and i always join a side if it has less just to get the sweet message "you killed nickbond592" ( my brother) also clan member

ip = 84.244.131.45:16567
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6679|Ontario, Canada
agreed. Team stacking is "THE" single biggest problem with the online experience IMO.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6683|NT, like Mick Dundee

Try joining some of the aussie servers on a Friday or Saturday night. Particularly Sharqi only ones. Wont get anybody under First/Master Gunny on one side and nobody above them on the other.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
specops10-4
+108|6761|In the hills

LT.Victim wrote:

Ganko_06 wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

No, its just Squad Leaders...  I get teamswapped constantly on Insomnia, even when I am in a squad.
DaZeD863
+11|6569
fuck it.. switch me.. more to kill that way
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6574|Kent, UK
The way the Auto-Balance works is that it prioritises who to swap
Lone Wolves, then
Squad Members, then
Squad Leaders, then
Commanders.
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6526
I hate it, too.  I've been playing on a nice IO Jalala server that randomizes teams every round, so it keeps things from getting out-of-hand.
dstock9
+13|6622

LT.Victim wrote:

The admins will. It's happened to me so they could stack. grr >.>
DancinHomer
Gaming While Intoxicated
+27|6645|UK

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Find a decent server, and stick to it. It's your only solution to having a fun and fair game.
Rec(+)n
Teh Hawtsawce
+4|6476
you are just now noticing this?

i've been to alot of servers where the round is half over, and there is no commander and no squads, and half of the other team is lieutenants or higher.         team play on bf2 is virtually non existent nowadays, unless you play with a group of friends

Last edited by Rec(+)n (2006-09-14 15:50:03)

nodehopper
+56|6650
no...I know it has been going on for a long time. It just seems to be so much more prevalent lately. It can take an hour to find a server that is balanced and fun.

I agree that it helps to play on a couple good servers all the time. I am currently in that zone between First Sgt and Sergeant Major and a good way to get through that is to concentrate on medals and badges while accumulating 30,000 points.  So I have been getting on lots of different servers to get time as a certain army or so I don't piss off people on my regular servers trying for Expert Explosives ...etc.

But, it just seems to be more out of control IMHO than I have ever seen it and after the lovely discourse  I had the other night   (quoted in my first post) I just needed to see if others feel it is getting worse also.

Last edited by nodehopper (2006-09-14 17:19:25)

DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6555|Search Whore killing fields
I always find that karkand will have the colnels on 1 side, and the Privates on the other. The colnels are the ones that should be generals but they have less then 20 minutes on planes

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-09-14 17:38:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard