JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

When can we start the trash talking in earnest?
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6598|Germany
Just wait till uncle Slayer or Alpha see all this useless spamming and you'll be in deep trouble
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

update:

Info just in from our provider:

they have no objections. We can therefore:

1. switch the server to unranked for the tourney
2. set a PW

both things should be possible via BF2CC. Someone please verify this. thank you.

Superfly, since I most likely won't be around on sunday, you might want to contact Slayer / Alpha to arrange admin support fro the event.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

Yes, in BF2cc, > Settings > general, an option that is activated : Enable Rankings, when you switch that off its Unranked, + a field to set a Password
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
captain-a
+141|6598|Germany
But we wouldn't have Battle Recorder enabled on the BF2s EU server!?!?

Tbh, I don't mind where we play, but we should make a final decission. So, "BF2s EU Server" or "captain Server" soupfly, I think you should decide this, as it was your idea!
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
can we set up battlerecorder on the EU server then? It would be nice to get a "video" of it.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

1 question :

Before the rounds start, we are going to wait till ALL players have loaded and lagg free ................RIGHT ????
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6751

JahManRed wrote:

When can we start the trash talking in earnest?
about time somebody brought this up!  trash talking starts right now.  although myself, S3NF and Broncobullfrog (the over aged young guys) should not talk or be targeted cause we may be switched to the old team since right now we have more young ones confirmed than old ones:)

captain-a wrote:

But we wouldn't have Battle Recorder enabled on the BF2s EU server!?!?

Tbh, I don't mind where we play, but we should make a final decission. So, "BF2s EU Server" or "captain Server" soupfly, I think you should decide this, as it was your idea!
I would prefer to have it on a battle recorder enabled server.  Also the server would need to be tested with new setting before the match which may be difficult with bf2s server? Anways, so long as we test captain's server tonight and we have no problems with it (does anybody think there would be problems?) then its probably a better option at the moment.  On the other hand i would hate to ruin the evening because we have technical issues due to the battlerecorder being on.  I'm not a technical guy so I probably shouldn't have the last say on this.  anyone?

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

1 question :
Before the rounds start, we are going to wait till ALL players have loaded and lagg free ................RIGHT ????
Yes Brother Alpha! I've thought about this and in the interest of fairness and well fought matches it is best to have as long as a delay before a round so that 1) everybody connects 2) commanders/squad leaders can make on the fly changes to their strategies.  for instance Goldman would say: "Slayer, you're stinking up the join in that jet of yours!  Give Jahman a go this round"

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-09-14 02:57:43)

captain-a
+141|6598|Germany

captain-a wrote:

I would prefer to have it on a battle recorder enabled server.  Also the server would need to be tested with new setting before the match which may be difficult with bf2s server? Anways, so long as we test captain's server tonight and we have no problems with it (does anybody think there would be problems?) then its probably a better option at the moment.  On the other hand i would hate to ruin the evening because we have technical issues due to the battlerecorder being on.  I'm not a technical guy so I probably shouldn't have the last say on this.  anyone?
I don't expect any technical issues. But (as I said) I would prefer to test it first, with 32 players and Battle Recorder enabled. Oh, and the test would be on Friday, not tonight
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6751

Ah yes! Friday night it is!  I mean the test of the server!

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-09-14 02:59:05)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

im on the server, so who ever wants to know they 1 shot stuff, or wanna get the game started like me, GET ON IT !
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6759|out of orbit
i vote for captain aka battle recorder file.

please read here.
B.Schuss

can someone please post the IP of captain's server again ? I seem to have lost it...
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
Well it look like some of the older guys might have to be moved over to the old team. I am not sure if i will be able to make the game untill later becuase i am "supposed" to be going round to the girlfriends parents house for a birthday dinner on sunday. usually we end up getting back home by about 2130 GMT if we go round there.
captain-a
+141|6598|Germany
Well I wanted to publish the Server informations tomorrow, but why waiting
I just started the server and everybody who wants to test it, feel free to join.
Note: I will check the server from time to watch the performance.

Server-Name: ".: The Maggots :: Unranked Server :."
Server-IP: 82.165.35.89
Server-Port: 16567

Current Map-Cycle (32 players):

* Road To Jalalabad
* Gulf Of Oman
* Mashtuur City
* Sharqi
* Strike At Karkand

Players Needed to Start: 6
BattleRecorder is enabled (the file will be written after each round). Please check if it works!!!

Any feedback is welcome. For tomorrow I will setup the same map cycle as it will be on Friday!

Oh Schuss, I've installed PoE2 as well

Last edited by captain-a (2006-09-14 03:52:34)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

I vote for what ever server has battle recorder enabled. Everyone could use fraps and record it from their point of view but the amount of data would be too great. Battle recorder allows you to see the match from everyones view. I think. I have not used it before.

Now for the trash talking....... you young guys think you are all that....I'll tell you what you ain't got.......bald spots. Yes bald spots. It allows the heat to rise from your head, keeping your brain cool allowing faster reaction time. You young guys will be too busy looking at the pictures of the power rangers and David Hasslehoff which cover every inch of your bedroom walls to play a good game. Us old guys have years of experience and patience which we can call upon to put you young whipper snappers over our knees and give you a proverbial spanking with my gun. ohhh la la.
Soup, you are dead to me. Traitor
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany

=[S3nf]= wrote:

i vote for captain aka battle recorder file.
Also, because there is everything already set up and we don't have to screw around with the bf2s server.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6751

captain-a wrote:

Current Map-Cycle (32 players):

* Road To Jalalabad
* Gulf Of Oman
* Mashtuur City
* Sharqi
* Strike At Karkand
We need to decide what map cycle (32 player) we want to play.  Originally I had recommended:

a) Karkand x2
b) Oman x2
c) Sharqi x2
Tiebreaker = one round of mashtuur.

I want everybody's feedback as to what they would want to see as the map cycle.  I will make the final decision trying to accomodate as many points of view as possible.

JahManRed wrote:

I vote for what ever server has battle recorder enabled. Everyone could use fraps and record it from their point of view but the amount of data would be too great. Battle recorder allows you to see the match from everyones view. I think. I have not used it before.

Now for the trash talking....... you young guys think you are all that....I'll tell you what you ain't got.......bald spots. Yes bald spots. It allows the heat to rise from your head, keeping your brain cool allowing faster reaction time. You young guys will be too busy looking at the pictures of the power rangers and David Hasslehoff which cover every inch of your bedroom walls to play a good game. Us old guys have years of experience and patience which we can call upon to put you young whipper snappers over our knees and give you a proverbial spanking with my gun. ohhh la la.
Soup, you are dead to me. Traitor
Okay if there's going to be a battle then i have recruited your George Galloway (spiritual leader) to our team.  He says to Jahman:

What a preposterous way to introduce an item! What a silly person you are!  One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter!  Please, have a slightly longer memory than four weeks...this is preposterous!!  You believe that old blood is more valuable than young blood and discernible viewers know it!

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-09-14 04:57:28)

AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6757|Hanging onto the UAV
Yeah I'm happy with Captain's server if it means not disrupting the BF2s server.

I'll join in the trash talking when I'm not in work and can type a nice long message..
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6721|The 70's
Captain, will it be possible to use your server on Saturday, while CameronPoe's NeoCons v Treehuggers event is on the EU serevr?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

broncobullfrog wrote:

Captain, will it be possible to use your server on Saturday, while CameronPoe's NeoCons v Treehuggers event is on the EU serevr?
ooh, POE2 on the server on Saturday?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

broncobullfrog wrote:

Seems like CameronPoes event is on the US server!

Superfly, B.Schuss, Captain[a]

Please give me some info if the [old]pwn0rz[yng] event is on the EU-Server or Captain[a]´s unranked.

Imho, I think we should go for Captain´s server, with BF-Recorder enabled!!!
B.Schuss

Cameron's tourney was originally planned as a two-stage event, with one round played on a US server and one round on a EU server, for reasons of fairness ( ping ). He was looking for a server located in the EU, so I offered the bf2s.com EU server. after all, it is a community tourney.

But the ping was quite acceptable on the US server, so it might just turn out that he won't be needing our server.
I have told him to contact slayer if he needs admin support.

As for "our" tourney on sunday, I'd vote for captain's server. No need to mess around with the community server if we don't have to.
captain-a
+141|6598|Germany
Well, the server is up and running!

Feel free to join it - NOW

I just need players to test it. So I can check the bandwidth usage, the Battle Recorder performance and maybe to tweak some settings.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

*DING DONG BF2s EU CUSTOMER SERVICE SUNDAY´s SPECIAL EVENT DING DONG*

also see 1st post of this topic

Hi people, we´ve just came to the conclusion that our sunday´s special event will take place on

This is Captain[a]´s unranked dedicated server.

Until sunday, there is no passwort needed.

Today, fryday September 15, there will be a testrun to check stability, pings etc. off this server.

If you´ll take part on the event, please be there today 20:00 (german time)!!!

this info is posted in every subsections of the EU section. Please only reply in here

*DING DONG BF2s EU CUSTOMER SERVICE SUNDAY´s SPECIAL EVENT DING DONG*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard